Clear Area T5 - Failing Analysis

Druuna

So with 17.1 I had the hope the T5 clear area quests would be now solveable ... but I fail like I always failed before.

I read all about it, like others failed too, the tips (circling around the house, make noise, check for vultures flying above the building ... and so on) but it ended me choosing only fetch missions and not longer waste so much time with unsolveable Clear Area missions.

I just gave it another try with 17.1, found some hidden rooms I missed before, watched exactly what and when the compass-radar shows, and failed again at this last orange dot which pointed to an non existent enemy.

This is my conclusion why those mission types are not solvable: Because the radar works not accurate.

Some enemy-dots are shown even if they are far away, others appear only after you are very near or you must have line of sight, and the last dot (is it really the last dot?) points to nothing.

The question here is: Should the compass radar show all enemies from the beginning or should they "unlocked" step-by-step like it is now? For performance reason it's maybe not a good idea to activate all the ~200 enemies in this building at the same time, so step-by-step unlocking is a must. But this works not well, for some unlockings it seems you have to stand at specific positions or go specific routes, and if you aberrate, you never get the next unlock.

And something must be really wrong with this last orange dot who points to nothing.

• 3 weeks later...
So with 17.1 I had the hope the T5 clear area quests would be now solveable ... but I fail like I always failed before.

I read all about it, like others failed too, the tips (circling around the house, make noise, check for vultures flying above the building ... and so on) but it ended me choosing only fetch missions and not longer waste so much time with unsolveable Clear Area missions.

I just gave it another try with 17.1, found some hidden rooms I missed before, watched exactly what and when the compass-radar shows, and failed again at this last orange dot which pointed to an non existent enemy.

This is my conclusion why those mission types are not solvable: Because the radar works not accurate.

Some enemy-dots are shown even if they are far away, others appear only after you are very near or you must have line of sight, and the last dot (is it really the last dot?) points to nothing.

The question here is: Should the compass radar show all enemies from the beginning or should they "unlocked" step-by-step like it is now? For performance reason it's maybe not a good idea to activate all the ~200 enemies in this building at the same time, so step-by-step unlocking is a must. But this works not well, for some unlockings it seems you have to stand at specific positions or go specific routes, and if you aberrate, you never get the next unlock.

And something must be really wrong with this last orange dot who points to nothing.

I had a clear quest with the last orange dot. Turns out it was an inactive vulture out on a deck. I went outside and it activated the vulture. The orange dot became a red dot. Killed him and finished the quest.

You made some good points though.

Archived