EpicSpire's DriftWood And CinderBlocks

EpicSpire

EpicSpire's DriftWood And CinderBlocks

The Driftwood you find in deserts can now be picked up. they can be scraped for 10 wood or used in a fire for 12:30 fuel. the burn time is intentionally longer than 10 wood would normally burn for, making collecting the drift wood actually practical.

The cinder blocks that you can find in the wasteland and in various other place can now be picked up. you can scrap them for 6 small stones or put them in the forge for 40 stone.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/212/

A17.1_2019-01-13_13-40-51.thumb.jpg.21598cf5c80c50692366ffce62647850.jpg

There is also now Metal Piles that can be picked up and used. same link as above, either download as a separate file or download the combined modlet with cinder blocks, drift wood, and metal piles.

Scraped for 15 scrap iron or smelted for 20 iron.

All blocks can be placed as decoration (advanced rotation is allowed) and picked back up.

Check out my other mods:

EpicSpire's Pour It Out AND Scoop It Out: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/182

Two separate files/mods.

Pour it Out allows you to turn drinks into jars.

Scoop it out allows you to turn canned food into cans.

EpicSpire's Working Charcoal Grill: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/209

Allows you to build a charcoal grill that works exactly like a campfire.

Great mod for an early game boost. I used to manually edit in these changes many, many Alpha's ago. It's great to see someone implement it, in a very neat modlet form.

Best of luck to you.

Really amazing!

Thanks! I'm still learning, it took me a while to figure out how to get them scrap able, I had to make recipes for them... if there is a cleaner way, let me know.

I locked the recipes as learn able, so they aren't actually able to be crafted... but its 5 extra/unnecessary recipes that show up

It's a long time ago, but I think I just set, can pick up = true, on those terrain decorations and then used the iron fragment to scrap iron recipe, as a template. Or something like that lol. Been a while since I peered, bleary eyed, at the xml files.

What would be nice, is if these would merge into a single unit stack after you picked them up. So lets say, you find a 3 block pile and then a single block, it would show up as 4 blocks and take up just one inventory space instead of two. Same for the driftwood.

Anyways, I think it's great the way it is really. I may also have a look at your grill and jar mods too and I look forward to whatever other goodies your imagination can come up with :encouragement:

It's a long time ago, but I think I just set, can pick up = true, on those terrain decorations and then used the iron fragment to scrap iron recipe, as a template. Or something like that lol. Been a while since I peered, bleary eyed, at the xml files.

What would be nice, is if these would merge into a single unit stack after you picked them up. So lets say, you find a 3 block pile and then a single block, it would show up as 4 blocks and take up just one inventory space instead of two. Same for the driftwood.

Anyways, I think it's great the way it is really. I may also have a look at your grill and jar mods too and I look forward to whatever other goodies your imagination can come up with :encouragement:

Yeah, I did the pickup =true, but there is no actual driftwood item or cinderblock item in the item.xml. I'm actually surprised that they are visible in the inventory.

I'm new(ish) to modding, so if you know how I can merge them, then I'd think about it. But as it is, they can be placed back as decorative blocks and I have them set to have all rotations. If I merge them, then you wont get the variety (unless it places a random version of it.... which I dont know how to do that either)

They are visable in the same way, as a wood frame is. They are in blocks.xml All terrain decorations are blocks as far as my knowledge on it goes. I used to do the same with scrap iron that you find in the wastland. At one point, I believe TFP had scrap as a collectable resource, but changed it because it led to more fun for the player...

Honest opinion my friend, I'd leave the mod as is. It's perfectly fine. Now, go off and make us some more pain alleviating mods:playful::playful:

They are visable in the same way, as a wood frame is. They are in blocks.xml All terrain decorations are blocks as far as my knowledge on it goes. I used to do the same with scrap iron that you find in the wastland. At one point, I believe TFP had scrap as a collectable resource, but changed it because it led to more fun for the player...

Honest opinion my friend, I'd leave the mod as is. It's perfectly fine. Now, go off and make us some more pain alleviating mods:playful::playful:

Get out of my head.

I was going to do the scrap iron when I got home tonight lol. I was going to do it with the others, but it took me so long to figure out how to get them scrap able that I forgot.

I may also do tires, but that seems op since the recipe is supposed to he for balance... so that'll be an optional modlet separate from the others.

On a side note, is there a way to make destroyed workstations "repairable"?

Get out of my head.

I was going to do the scrap iron when I got home tonight lol. I was going to do it with the others, but it took me so long to figure out how to get them scrap able that I forgot.

I may also do tires, but that seems op since the recipe is supposed to he for balance... so that'll be an optional modlet separate from the others.

lol.

Tires are a little strange. I think the scrap polymer that they give as a resource is just a placeholder until they come up with a better solution. Personally, I'd rather TFP have tires, rims and inner tubes, nuts and bicycle spokes come as separate parts from vehicles with a very rare chance, based on skill, and level in loot progression, rather than use acid.

They could spawn harvestable motorbikes, minibikes, jeeps and broken bicycles in the world to help facilitate this. Maybe even have ones that the player can find and repair "fairly" easily, yet be "far" inferior to a new one the player could create themselves. Restored 4x4 jeeps could be prone to breakdowns, motorbikes guzzle gas, loud minibikes that alert every zed in the area, bicycles with twisted wheels and wonky steering that sap the players stamina and all these would increase the heat map tenfold. And just think, of what a beautiful aerial display of falling crashing death, a stalled gyrocopter could bring he he.

Waffle, waffle.

Repairing destroyed workbenches is far beyond my feeble skills I'm afraid. Fortunately there are some very smart and relatively polite people in the modding community here, and I'm sure one of them will set you on the right path.

All the best:friendly_wink:

Adding something like this to the destroyed version in the blocks.xml should allow it to be upgraded to a working version. Never tried it myself

<property class="UpgradeBlock">
	<property name="ToBlock" value="name of workstation"/>
	<property name="Item" value="resource you want to use for repairing"/>
	<property name="ItemCount" value="how many of the resource required"/>
	<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="how many wacks to repair"/>
</property>

Edit: was making a few changes in the block.xml anyways so I tried it out and it does work with a one placed from the creative menu. Don't have time at the moment to find one already spawned in the world to see if it works.

lol.

Tires are a little strange. I think the scrap polymer that they give as a resource is just a placeholder until they come up with a better solution. Personally, I'd rather TFP have tires, rims and inner tubes, nuts and bicycle spokes come as separate parts from vehicles with a very rare chance, based on skill, and level in loot progression, rather than use acid.

good point, i'm not going to do the tire thing, mainly for balance. if i did, then you would pick up and receive destroyed tires that you have to repair with a reduced recipe for tires.. and thats too much for me to worry about

They could spawn harvestable motorbikes, minibikes, jeeps and broken bicycles in the world to help facilitate this. Maybe even have ones that the player can find and repair "fairly" easily, yet be "far" inferior to a new one the player could create themselves. Restored 4x4 jeeps could be prone to breakdowns, motorbikes guzzle gas, loud minibikes that alert every zed in the area, bicycles with twisted wheels and wonky steering that sap the players stamina and all these would increase the heat map tenfold. And just think, of what a beautiful aerial display of falling crashing death, a stalled gyrocopter could bring he he.

i thought that was what they were planning to do from the start, so hopefully that is something them will implement.

- - - Updated - - -

Adding something like this to the destroyed version in the blocks.xml should allow it to be upgraded to a working version. Never tried it myself

<property class="UpgradeBlock">
	<property name="ToBlock" value="name of workstation"/>
	<property name="Item" value="resource you want to use for repairing"/>
	<property name="ItemCount" value="how many of the resource required"/>
	<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="how many wacks to repair"/>
</property>

Edit: was making a few changes in the block.xml anyways so I tried it out and it does work with a one placed from the creative menu. Don't have time at the moment to find one already spawned in the world to see if it works.

oh, nice!

thanks!

Get out of my head.

Look here for a modlet to repair non trader work benches and such.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?100345-wolf-s-mods

Archived