Surviving 7th day horde without a base (Video)

OnlyMeiya

Just showing that its entirely possible to survive 7th day horde on the first 7th day even without a forge and with limited ammo.

Difficulty is set to standard.

[edit] Its set to warrior, 8 enemies/horde.

I'm considering doing an Insane difficulty 7th day horde also no base, other suggestions would be neat if anyone has any input.

Lets see one without cheaty gamma.

I'll see what I can do, usually the gamma is up because I don't enjoy straining my eyes and playing multiplayer frequently means everyone has gamma up.

(I actually used to always play with default settings,but after I kept getting sniped at by a player using max gamma I turned mine up and kept it there since so I can actually have a chance at fighting back) that was back in alpha 14 or 15 I think.

Pretty good. I like how you used the long streets and occasionally spike to slow down some zeds. Looks like the horde had a hard time finding you while you stayed on the move. Seems alittle glitchy.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll see what I can do, usually the gamma is up because I don't enjoy straining my eyes and playing multiplayer frequently means everyone has gamma up.

(I actually used to always play with default settings,but after I kept getting sniped at by a player using max gamma I turned mine up and kept it there since so I can actually have a chance at fighting back) that was back in alpha 14 or 15 I think.

Your good man. Having the gamma up like that is good for making videos. :)

There was clearly something bugged here, there were no more than 2 or 3 zombies on you at a time and that's when you weren't sorting inventory lol.

Never seen a horde like that, mine look completely different. I do however farm for xp so I might be getting the result of a higher game stage.

I don't think this can be used as "normal" but respect for doing it either way.

There was clearly something bugged here, there were no more than 2 or 3 zombies on you at a time and that's when you weren't sorting inventory lol.

Never seen a horde like that, mine look completely different. I do however farm for xp so I might be getting the result of a higher game stage.

I outran a lot of them I think, I was perplexed myself at the lack of horde, which is why I'm going to do a 7th horde single player on insane difficulty.

TFP gave a little bit more generosity to early game harvesting, which makes it far less grindy now, and it appears they lowered insane zed HP, instead of 9 headshots to kill, im finding that most die to about 5 or 6.

Blood moon spawns don't de-spawn when you travel out of their range, at least in SP.

So if you hit the blood moon spawn cap and then travel across the map faster than the zombies, they will:

A) Still exist preventing any more from spawning

B) Still be chasing you and loading areas of the map along the way and

C) Beat their way through any pathing impairments along the way

Blood moon spawns don't de-spawn when you travel out of their range, at least in SP.

So if you hit the blood moon spawn cap and then travel across the map faster than the zombies, they will:

A) Still exist preventing any more from spawning

B) Still be chasing you and loading areas of the map along the way and

C) Beat their way through any pathing impairments along the way

This was on a multiplayer server, which is why I wasn't prepared for horde night also.

Just showing that its entirely possible to survive 7th day horde on the first 7th day even without a forge and with limited ammo.

Difficulty is set to standard.

[edit] Its set to warrior, 8 enemies/horde.

I'm considering doing an Insane difficulty 7th day horde also no base, other suggestions would be neat if anyone has any input.

It is not even a challenge. Just keep running in 1 direction and rest every minute or so. Zeds are never able to catch up. No matter the difficulty. Dogs are the only possible problem. Would have to bring a coffee or beer with you, just to be safe.

in b240 of a17, you can actually outrun the horde to the point they stop spawning as you move far enough away from their inital spawn points. My day 7 horde, is usually, running on foot or on a bike, shooting at zombies with a shotgun that get close, I play on warrior diffculty with the zombie movement speeds on defaults. Out running them though would be much harder if you tried to do it fully armored in heavy armor without a vehicle.

- - - Updated - - -

A17 stable has atrocious lighting. It is unreasonably dark.

I agree, I set my gamma to 50% from the base of 38% it helps a bit, but not enough its cheaty. Biome matters alot too, the snow biome is always bright even in the middle of the night due to the spectrum it uses.

in b240 of a17, you can actually outrun the horde to the point they stop spawning as you move far enough away from their inital spawn points. My day 7 horde, is usually, running on foot or on a bike, shooting at zombies with a shotgun that get close, I play on warrior diffculty with the zombie movement speeds on defaults. Out running them though would be much harder if you tried to do it fully armored in heavy armor without a vehicle.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, I set my gamma to 50% from the base of 38% it helps a bit, but not enough its cheaty. Biome matters alot too, the snow biome is always bright even in the middle of the night due to the spectrum it uses.

Yep, I keep saying this so I had to get some video proof since people thought I was crazy lol. You seriously only need a Bow and a little bit of good accuracy, and some stamina management, though to deal with doggies this early does require a firearm, you simply can't kite several at a time this early with a bow if you can't kill them quickly.

[edit]

My blood moon on that video actually started with 3 doggies (Dog pack event not BM horde related lmfao ) that spawned right before it started which is why the recording was late to start but 22 in game minutes xD... its on my friends MP server

(New Foxden PVP if anyone is interested...MP is kinda dead so meh no one plays but some friends of mine still log on occasionally for a few hours to play )

Hes a really chill admin and just wants players to have fun with, though I'm a bit competitive, the lack of online playerbase I've been more or less neutral just so I don't chase players away.

Good vid, exactly why I don’t understand why people complain it’s too hard. This wasn’t even the easiest setting in the game.

8 zombies at a time pretty much nullifies difficulty setting.

No one plays with that setting so low unless their machines cant handle a proper size. No offence OP, but this is not a good "told you so" example.

8 zombies at a time pretty much nullifies difficulty setting.

No one plays with that setting so low unless their machines cant handle a proper size. No offence OP, but this is not a good "told you so" example.

8 horde enemies is the default setting so this actually does make a good example.

You can basically just run away in a straight line from the horde in A17 - once you run just a bit from the initial spawn zone set for the blood moon - the zombies just stop spawning and you auto-win.

No, they do not despawn, they get caught up on terrain and buildings.

You can run in any way you want, in a straight line, in a looping path, in a circle, the point of the video is to show you do not need a base on default settings to deal with the very first 7th day horde and all you really need is a bow.

8 horde enemies is the default setting so this actually does make a good example.

No, they do not despawn, they get caught up on terrain and buildings.

You can run in any way you want, in a straight line, in a looping path, in a circle, the point of the video is to show you do not need a base on default settings to deal with the very first 7th day horde and all you really need is a bow.

That was the same point I was trying to make. I didn't say they despawned. What traditionally used to happen if you took off running on a horde in older Alphas was the spawn point for the blood moon would just change to your radius and you'd have new zombies continually spawning and giving chase or surrounding you.

Running in a straight line was generally the least effective method of loosing their scent but works just fine for this. You ever 'need' a base in 7DTD and never have. Even if you didn't want to run away - you could just go on top of a large POI roof and just shoot the occasional vulture. You can even drive your bike off of it the next morning without any fall damage and not even have to deal with the zombies that spawned there. Lots and lots of ways to cheat the system in this game. I'm not arguing that..

That was the same point I was trying to make. I didn't say they despawned. What traditionally used to happen if you took off running on a horde in older Alphas was the spawn point for the blood moon would just change to your radius and you'd have new zombies continually spawning and giving chase or surrounding you.

Running in a straight line was generally the least effective method of loosing their scent but works just fine for this. You ever 'need' a base in 7DTD and never have. Even if you didn't want to run away - you could just go on top of a large POI roof and just shoot the occasional vulture. You can even drive your bike off of it the next morning without any fall damage and not even have to deal with the zombies that spawned there. Lots and lots of ways to cheat the system in this game. I'm not arguing that..

Yep, you're right, I misread what you wrote.

I'm not necessarily trying to "cheat" the system, but rather fighting the horde without a base is more exciting to me as there is more danger involved if you don't possess a good enough awareness and resource management of your stamina meter. Used too you could pop a coffee or beer and nearly run forever for 60 seconds. (Which is actually still some what true late game )

Experienced the BM horde in all the experimentals, stable 17.0 and 17.1. The best option is to invest into running - both in what clothes/armor (or none at all) you have, as well as any drinks that help you regenerate it.

This was always a good tactic in the past, especially as i enjoyed running around with knives/machetes. If backwards running was still a thing, the horde night would be a real cheese to go through. Still, even with greater numbers you can run around pretty well. Just remember not to get encumbered and losing speed due to armor.

Experienced the BM horde in all the experimentals, stable 17.0 and 17.1. The best option is to invest into running - both in what clothes/armor (or none at all) you have, as well as any drinks that help you regenerate it.

This was always a good tactic in the past, especially as i enjoyed running around with knives/machetes. If backwards running was still a thing, the horde night would be a real cheese to go through. Still, even with greater numbers you can run around pretty well. Just remember not to get encumbered and losing speed due to armor.

I used some iron and military armor for insane. Getting 2 shot isnt fun for a recording.

Theres always something with these peoples videos...

-Gamma cheating (night is supposed to be near zero visibiility)

-Mods

-Cheat Engine

-Bogus stats

-Wearing Uber End-Game armor early in game (item spawning, or changing the day of the game from xxx back down to 7.

Its alway's SOMETHING. I cant take any word as the truth -_- watching these videos only usually confirms my suspicions and adds to why i am always distrustful.

-Mods

-Cheat Engine

-Bogus stats

-Wearing Uber End-Game armor early in game (item spawning, or changing the day of the game from xxx back down to 7.

Its alway's SOMETHING. I cant take any word as the truth -_- watching these videos only usually confirms my suspicions and adds to why i am always distrustful.

My gamma was only 61%, I later made another video at nearly default, eye strain is a serious matter and the game is unreasonably dark and lighting is very inconsistent between the time periods. Plus I dont get why you think thats cheating anyway.

Also even in real life its never zero visibility if the moon is out, its actually quite bright. Horde night is a huge blood moon, youd ne able to see amyway.

I do not use any cheats or game mods.

-Mods

-Cheat Engine

-Bogus stats

It looks scary. But once you are down there, running around with the zombies it's not as bad

as it seems. But the thrill is real the first time.

Archived