nocdeathman24

armor should by default have reduced chance of bleeding tier based

so like scrap is 10 % less chance of bleeding

leather armor 10% less chance of bleeding

iron armor 15% less chance of bleeding

military armor 20 % less chance of bleeding

steel armor 30 % less chance of bleeding

i do alot of meele end game. i wear full steel armor fully modded

and find my self bleeding way to often when wearing steel armor. there has been times i have goten back to back bleeding in a chain of 6 bleedings in a row. bleed use bandage get hit again bleeding bandage. get hit again bleeding bandage. this doesn't makes sense when wearing steel armor or any armor for that matter. there should be some system in place that reduces bleeding chance. or you can add it in to the current talent tree with heavy armor and light armor talents.

armor should by default have reduced chance of bleeding tier based

so like scrap is 10 % less chance of bleeding

leather armor 10% less chance of bleeding

iron armor 15% less chance of bleeding

military armor 20 % less chance of bleeding

steel armor 30 % less chance of bleeding

i do alot of meele end game. i wear full steel armor fully modded

and find my self bleeding way to often when wearing steel armor. there has been times i have goten back to back bleeding in a chain of 6 bleedings in a row. bleed use bandage get hit again bleeding bandage. get hit again bleeding bandage. this doesn't makes sense when wearing steel armor or any armor for that matter. there should be some system in place that reduces bleeding chance. or you can add it in to the current talent tree with heavy armor and light armor talents.

same issue and i agree that the bleeding is far to common in battle with dead heads than should be with full armor. How can you get cut wearing full steal armor is not something I can understand.

I am having one hell of a time with bleeding now. It is one of the few detractors from A17. I am sure it will be tweaked, but a punch from a zombie should in no way cause bleeding to begin with. Even if it did, 50% of the hits you take should not cause the effect. I do hourly backups now because a rollback is easier for my group than carrying a million bandages.

The worst part is how blurry your vision gets from bleeding, I guess every-time you bleed it must be your eyes that were cut!

Bleeds should come in tiers of severity imo. I love how zomboid does this. Really bad cuts need to be stitched up.

I'm really starting to think this is something broken in their games through the exp builds or something. I rarely bleed with my steel armor on, even through multiple whacks from rad zombies/rad wights. Maybe every so often, but none close to that extent. You guys may wanna check file integrity or do a clean install or something? I'm on survivalist and like my melee build, I go through maybe 2-4 bandages tops in either 1 huge POI run or a few smaller ones, and usually, that's to top off max hp.

I'm really starting to think this is something broken in their games through the exp builds or something. I rarely bleed with my steel armor on, even through multiple whacks from rad zombies/rad wights. Maybe every so often, but none close to that extent. You guys may wanna check file integrity or do a clean install or something? I'm on survivalist and like my melee build, I go through maybe 2-4 bandages tops in either 1 huge POI run or a few smaller ones, and usually, that's to top off max hp.

Stop playing correctly! Get into the houses running, let yourself be encircled by zombies, get attacked on all flanks and you will be able to use a maximum of bandages.

Good players are annoying.

Stop playing correctly! Get into the houses running, let yourself be encircled by zombies, get attacked on all flanks and you will be able to use a maximum of bandages.

Good players are annoying.

Incorrect. I, as stated before, prefer stealthing around, especially when alone. I have points in my stealth skills. But we're not even talking the odd situation where I backpedal from two or three, knocking one down at a time with a sledgehammer. I am talking about any one-on-one situation in the wilderness with nothing around but you and the zombie. Once in a blue moon I get hit. Not often, but it is a fairly strong chance that any single hit will cause bleeding.

Also, nobody needs to do an integrity check. This is easily reproduceable. Heck, turn on god mode and walk to a single zombie. You may not take direct damage, but it can STILL stun and cut you. Also, if this was an integrity problem, why would people from different areas who have never played together have the exact same file which has some bits flipped? Do you even know what those odds are? About the same as every American winning the Powerball lottery at the same time.

Ok... I thought it was just me. I had the same issue with chain bleed effects. Multiple times. I do use light armor, but have the skills for damage reduction and light armor at rank 3 each and still seem to get nailed with bleed effects like a hemophiliac at a razor wire convention.

Incorrect. I, as stated before, prefer stealthing around, especially when alone. I have points in my stealth skills. But we're not even talking the odd situation where I backpedal from two or three, knocking one down at a time with a sledgehammer. I am talking about any one-on-one situation in the wilderness with nothing around but you and the zombie. Once in a blue moon I get hit. Not often, but it is a fairly strong chance that any single hit will cause bleeding.

Also, nobody needs to do an integrity check. This is easily reproduceable. Heck, turn on god mode and walk to a single zombie. You may not take direct damage, but it can STILL stun and cut you. Also, if this was an integrity problem, why would people from different areas who have never played together have the exact same file which has some bits flipped? Do you even know what those odds are? About the same as every American winning the Powerball lottery at the same time.

My apologies for the inappropriate response. I thought you were complaining of bleeding all too often, but, as I understand it, what's bothering you is bleeding almost every time you're touched (even if you're rarely touched)? Did I understand this time (damn language barrier)?

Well, if that's it, I must admit that when I administered servers, players were bleeding every time they were touched (and you had a propability to be infected around 30% - yes, the players hated me). I'm bleeding a lot in the alpha 17 - and I find it pretty cool - but I have not tested the heavy armor yet to see if it significantly decreased or not the probability of bleeding. If that's not the case, for me it's a bad adjustment.

But, without armor, it seems to me that it's normal to bleed: the zombies have no hygiene and refuse to cut their nails ;).

Was thinking the same thing.

I'm not finding bleeding to be quite so bad as others.

Then again... we all have different play styles.

I much prefer to range than melee because I don't want to use up my meds to get "maybe" get rid of an infection.

Wearing steel armor I can confirm I still get hit with bleeding extremely often. It doesn't require getting surrounded or playing badly or anything, it feels like every time I take damage from a zombie I have a 25-40% chance to get Bleeding along with it - It's more common than Stun and much, much more common than infection. Heck, it's a running joke that if I haven't been hit for a while the next hit I take will always inflict bleeding. It's the biggest reason why melee tanking isn't really a thing, because even with all the damage reduction you can get, maximum health, AoE knockdown, Q6 steel armor, and stun/disease immunity, you'll still get hit with Bleeding often enough, and it does damage quickly enough, to devour first aid supplies.

Archived