Is it possible to use entity models for blocks?

Pringlz46290

I tried this before w/ a chicken model in A16 and was always met w/ red text. For example let's say a trader who is a workstation. I'm also trying to avoid any solution that's outside of xml edits through xpath. I'll fiddle w/ this a bit more, but figured I'd ask for advice. Any and all help is appreciated.

So I have a model of a chicken as a block now, funny thing is it falls through the ground when placed. I'll add my code and a link to a gif of it going from planted stage to the chicken and falling even then. Let me know if you have any ideas!

<block name="TestforcoopGrowHarvest">

<property name="Material" value="Mplants"/>

<property name="LightOpacity" value="0"/>

<property name="StabilitySupport" value="false"/>

<property name="ImposterDontBlock" value="true"/>

<property name="Collide" value="melee"/>

<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true"/>

<property name="IsDecoration" value="true"/>

<property name="CanDecorateOnSlopes" value="true"/>

<property name="OnlySimpleRotations" value="true"/>

<property name="ModelOffset" value="0,0,0"/>

<property name="Class" value="CropsGrown"/>

<property name="PlantGrowing.FertileLevel" value="2"/>

<property name="CropsGrown.BonusHarvestDivisor" value="9"/>

<property name="HarvestOverdamage" value="true"/>

<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>

<property name="Model" value="Entities/Animals/CHICKEN/chickenPrefab" />

<!--property name="Mesh" value="Entities/Animals/CHICKEN/fbxfiles/chicken" /-->

<drop event="Destroy" name="foodEgg" count="2"/>

<drop event="Harvest" name="foodRawMeat" count="0,3" tool_category="Disassemble"/>

<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceFeather" count="2,7" tool_category="Disassemble"/>

<property name="SortOrder1" value="a090"/>

<property name="SortOrder2" value="0002"/>

</block>

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zqfLaxjN2ksymPX-hfNz7wGYqipjSuss

Edit: I'm on the stable build so 17.0 if that's of relevance.

Looks almost as if you are trying to make Chickens harvestable for eggs/feathers? ;)

Very much so, an xml chicken coop sounds like a good idea to me. I have it set up so you get just eggs when harvested normally, but w/ a special tool you will get feathers and possibly meat as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla entities have rag-dolling and Kenematics turned on, hence the falling. You'll likely need to import your own "block", which is fairly easy to do now.

Understandable, I've been trying to keep this in the realm of xml so there's no client d/l for server users. I can change the model to another block, but the chicken was just to good to not try and get to work. Thanks for your input!

Very much so, an xml chicken coop sounds like a good idea to me. I have it set up so you get just eggs when harvested normally, but w/ a special tool you will get feathers and possibly meat as well.

That is one thign I woudl love. Actual farm animals you can pick up, move around perhaps, store in a base, etc..

Having chickens, cows and other animals that you can maintain and harvest stuff from would be great. The biggest weakness I have found in this modpack are the low amount of eggs to make Bacon and Eggs with. I have over 2000 raw meat, but not enough eggs to do anything with it.

Archived