Microstuttering

Hek Harris

You do realize that Windows 7 is supported until 2020, and that they offer paid support for years after, right? In other words, you haven't a clue about that which you speak of. The current early end date is in 2023. Please do not offer bad advice. Windows 10 is FAR worse (look at the issues from last year alone, such as users losing all of their files because 10 thought they needed to go, or BSODs for no reason, patches pulled, applied, and pulled again) and a simple Google search would show that. I won't even enter my personal experience as an IT pro into this equation because a basic search says far more than I can.

Also, are people still trying crazy things to fix this issue? I thought they'd have fixed their setups by now. Still no issues, but for fun I reinstalled from scratch to see what would happen. After reinstalling I did these things in this order.

• Started the game launcher, disabled EAC, set exclusive fullscreen, saved and ran game
  • Set resolution to 2560x1440, all options maxed, v-sync on
  • Created profile, started single-player game (Navezgane)
  • G-Sync was not working once I started and I had micro-stutter as described here
  • Exited game, opened regedit, deleted "Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode_h3981298716"
  • Started again, loaded into game, G-Sync is now working, good framerate, no stutter

Each and every time you go into the in-game options, even if it is just to "check" something, Unity creates that damn registry key and everything breaks again. As before, my advice is to go in-game, setup everything how you want it, exit the game, delete the key, and then start and play. If that does not fix it or if you run in fake fullscreen, I do not know what to tell you.

I laughed at this. Windows 10 sucks, but in all my years working in the field I have never seen such nonsense. Windows 10 does NOT try to act like a cellphone. It has a wireless service for Wi-Fi which is set to automatic by default, but it does not deal with 4G connections. Disabling most services in 10 also causes major back-end issues, which is simply making 10 look worse. Also, there is no bloatware in 10, unless you're talking about a prebuilt HP/Gateway/whatever. However, 10 does have black boxes which monitor every thing you do to send data back to Microsoft. These are built into the kernel, the system libraries, and other things which can NOT be disabled.

Let me guess, you download some programs to do this "two hour optimization"?

Hey I haven't seen that regedit fix. Can you pass me the full key path please?

Edit. Nevermind. Found it.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die

Another aficionado of Win 7 here. I upgraded to Win 10 and persevered for a few weeks then binned it. [well, put the installer on the shelf for the unhappy day that I literally have no choice].

It's not the games run better on Win 7, its that Win 10 is so bloody annoying in every freakin way. Nothing is simple. Nothing is intuitive. So much spyware. So much bloatware. Update apocalypse every other day.

I hates it I do. Hates it my precious...

Change Execution policy to allow a debloat script to run in Powershell Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Run the script from the following Github Repository.

Use Windows10Debloater.ps1 from the location below

(Source: https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater)

• 7 months later...

General bad FPS and serious frame pauses are not Micro-Stutter. V-Sync will not fix this problem. This thread is about Micro-Stutter or poor frame pacing. The problem you are having is not Micro-Stutter. For the love of all that is just, please stop posting about things that are not the subject matter of this thread in here. Make a new thread if feel you must continue discussing your problem. Which is not Micro-stutter.

General bad FPS and serious frame pauses are not Micro-Stutter. V-Sync will not fix this problem. This thread is about Micro-Stutter or poor frame pacing. The problem you are having is not Micro-Stutter. For the love of all that is just, please stop posting about things that are not the subject matter of this thread in here. Make a new thread if feel you must continue discussing your problem. Which is not Micro-stutter.

Welcome to the forum. If you didn't notice, people were already done posting in this thread, back in February. You're right about one thing, though: users can make a new thread if desired instead of grave digging this old one.

:closed_2:

Archived