Questionmarks at the end of the title doesn't make it a question?

Viktoriusiii

Many veterans check newest posts. Moving it to the questions forum keeps it on the front page for longer. I didn't move the threads in question but there isn't anything wrong with moving questions to the questions forum. Usually you only need a good answer or two and not a lengthy discussion.

Yeah many people including veterans check newest posts but most likely in general discussion not Questions. But I guess you have the statistics to back that up so...

No it depends on the question. If the question is a simple one like 'How do I harvest bones' then it'll be a quick answer. If it's more complicated like asking about the new perk system then we'll have lengthy discussions as we've already seen.

IMO, simple questions with cut and dry answers should be moved to questions but others that can be discussed in more detail should left in General Discussion to reach more viewers.

Yeah many people including veterans check newest posts but most likely in general discussion not Questions. But I guess you have the statistics to back that up so...

No it depends on the question. If the question is a simple one like 'How do I harvest bones' then it'll be a quick answer. If it's more complicated like asking about the new perk system then we'll have lengthy discussions as we've already seen.

IMO, simple questions with cut and dry answers should be moved to questions but others that can be discussed in more detail should left in General Discussion to reach more viewers.

When I said people check new posts I mean they click on the link "New Posts" and it shows the newest posts that have been made anywhere on the forums. It is up above in the left corner of the screen below Official Site and to the left of Private Messages.

As for cut and dry questions I agree with you but it is the forum moderator's job to make those decisions and it really doesn't have anything to do with the topic really.

How does the new Perk System work if I want to be really good at using Sledge Hammers? is a question I would move to the questions forum.

What the hell did TFP do to the Perk System? is a question I would leave in General Discussions.

Archived