Questionmarks at the end of the title doesn't make it a question?

Viktoriusiii

Look its nice to have a forum moderator who can keep a bit of order.

But please keep it to questions. And most of those questions actually are meant to spark a debate.

"anyone notice how xx behaves? how do you feel about that?"

So please for the love of god, don't move every thread with a questionmark in it to a dead forum where nobody reads it.

Thanks ^_^?

Only as a small tip for the forums of the next game.

Make Entrance area of the forum with important stickies and then divide the rest in subkategories

(specially at steam forums)

The problem is that 90% of the people only read the general discussion, thats why most people post there.

If there is no General discussion the people will find the right kategory

Look its nice to have a forum moderator who can keep a bit of order.

But please keep it to questions. And most of those questions actually are meant to spark a debate.

"anyone notice how xx behaves? how do you feel about that?"

So please for the love of god, don't move every thread with a questionmark in it to a dead forum where nobody reads it.

Thanks ^_^?

Yeah I kinda agree with this especially the part about debates but I'm more concerned about whether threads should be moved to the questions subforum. I always go to the main general discussion. Newbies will always go to the general discussion if they want help/answers on something or support if there is a technical issue. Moving threads to the 'questions' subforum doesn't help anyone except perhaps make the forums 'cleaner' to look at. If a newbie posts 'How do I deal with hunger/stamina early on?' in the main discussion and you immediately move it to questions do you think the veterans (or people who know the answer) would know about it? Do you think they immediately go to the 'questions' subforum when upon entering these forums?

Yeah I kinda agree with this especially the part about debates but I'm more concerned about whether threads should be moved to the questions subforum. I always go to the main general discussion. Newbies will always go to the general discussion if they want help/answers on something or support if there is a technical issue. Moving threads to the 'questions' subforum doesn't help anyone except perhaps make the forums 'cleaner' to look at. If a newbie posts 'How do I deal with hunger/stamina early on?' in the main discussion and you immediately move it to questions do you think the veterans (or people who know the answer) would know about it? Do you think they immediately go to the 'questions' subforum when upon entering these forums?

Many veterans check newest posts. Moving it to the questions forum keeps it on the front page for longer. I didn't move the threads in question but there isn't anything wrong with moving questions to the questions forum. Usually you only need a good answer or two and not a lengthy discussion.

Many veterans check newest posts. Moving it to the questions forum keeps it on the front page for longer. I didn't move the threads in question but there isn't anything wrong with moving questions to the questions forum. Usually you only need a good answer or two and not a lengthy discussion.

Correct. But just as an example:

"https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?104816-Zombies-in-the-wilderness-jumping-repeatedly-for-no-reason"

isn't really a question, even if he ends it with:

"anyone else notice this?"

I'm not opposed to making the forum more tidy. And if the questions subforum would be in "7 Days to Die - PC" after News and above General Discussion, I am sure most new guys would actually post their questions there.

But I do not feel that moving everything that vaguely resembles a question should be moved.

Often times it is meant as a starting point for a discussion. "What do you guys think of this?"

This thread was not meant to be hateful or even trollish, just a remark that posts get moved a bit too harshly, phrased in a fun way.

I hope you see my point?

Archived