The Craft & Sell for Dukes Tokens thread (A17)

Mday

No, on single player items randomly sell from the rental machines in the traders (I don't think player vending machines do this - the ones you buy and place yourself). It says so in the Journal/tutorials. An "invisible" NPC comes by and buys some random stuff from time to time. Been doing this since A16

What! Damn, learn something new everyday with this game.

What! Damn, learn something new everyday with this game.

Right lol. I think Madmole said something about that in the dev diary somewhere (still when a16 was a thing). I was shocked and it does indeed work rather well. I collect a thousand or two coins every other day or so. It works in A17, but the coin indicator doesn't show anything until you collect (bug I suppose), but it shows how many coins you get like it does when you collect anything normally. You get a higher chance of a sale on discounts, and I find things sell the fastest on a 20% discount. Everything sells, food, clothes, even random crafted blocks.

Oh, this works on (at least) co-op with (I guess it works on a normal large server) 1 or 2 other people. It sells randomly still. I haven't done it on a large server (rarely play on em lol), so I can't confirm if it does or doesn't work there, too.

No, on single player items randomly sell from the rental machines in the traders (I don't think player vending machines do this - the ones you buy and place yourself). It says so in the Journal/tutorials. An "invisible" NPC comes by and buys some random stuff from time to time. Been doing this since A16

Wait.. Whaaaaa?

Do you know if player get exp by selling any items via that rental machine?

Barter 5 is good for things you can't make or can't make enough of. It's not mandatory or anything, but can be very convenient.

With beaker, however, you are better off just adding a recipe to the game yourself. I'm lvl 114 atm, max barter/loot. I've looted one beaker so far and I've never seen one on trader, although I've been checking three of them every reset.

My guess is that beakers are supposed to come from wrenching Chemistry-looking thingies you see here and there, but they are not working yet.

With 300 bonus loot (5 levels of lucky looter + goggles) I found 2 beakers in the first pop'n'pills I looted.

what about full stacks of concrete blocks? i used to have endless income from them in a16 due to them not being so limited in how many the trader buys and the amount of different types of concrete blocks that can be made. just sort of getting to the point of cement in my server and it takes forever with the craft speed bug.

Grandpa's awesome sauce = double selling price, almost 50% off buying price. Drink this, buy everything you see from trader, then sell them all back. Very crazy way to earn dukes.

Edit: Actually no. Apparently if you buy/sell the same item, you can keep doing it forever, no limits on how many times you can sell it. Sell a auger and gain $31200, buy back for $19199, repeat until the effect of Grandpa's awesome sauce ends. Not only you are earning dukes from this, you also gain insane amount of exp. At this point it is more like an exp exploit than a dukes exploit.

With 300 bonus loot (5 levels of lucky looter + goggles) I found 2 beakers in the first pop'n'pills I looted.

I've been watching grumbul play on stream and he struggled so much trying to find a second beaker. And yet I got into my first pop n pills and got 3 beakers! 100% loot. Too bad in a way because my trader which I live very close to has a working chem station.

Beakers are in the RareMedicine group. Its probably not called, but in the XML, a direct chance, is killing zombie football players! (Who knew they were so smart: getting paid millions of dollars to play a game should have been the tell!) :)

The yellow loot bag zombies drop and the strong chests (the end location in water works has one) are probably the best way for a direct chance at a beaker.

The Medicine group, which is called from: Medicine cabinets, metal desks, dressers, tree stumps, luggage, lockers, purse, pop-n-pill shelves, airdrops, to name some, has a small chance of calling RareMedicine.

***To sum it up: Hit the Pop-n-pills POI's of you prefer to play the odds in your favor.

tree stumps? So if I break those apart with an axe it can spawn a beaker?

Yup,

<!-- tree hollowed stump, place where people stash things, -->

<lootcontainer id="35" count="0,2" size="4,3" sound_open="UseActions/open_stump" sound_close="UseActions/close_stump" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="1,6" prob="2"/>

<item name="drinkJarEmpty" count="1,2" prob="2"/>

<item name="drinkCanEmpty" count="1,2" prob="5"/>

<item group="rottenFood" prob="1"/>

<item group="weaponsBasicGuns+ammo" prob="1.3"/>

<item group="sportingGoods" count="1,2" prob="5"/>

<item name="foodHoney"/>

<item group="cannedfood"/>

<item group="medicine"/>

</lootcontainer>

What? o.O I've only seen either honey or nothing but wood come out of those. Weird.

Then again, I've only looted maybe 2 chainsaws and 4 augers in my entire time playing 7 days, so there's that lol. My luck is terrible.

Hmm, you sure that's the new tree stump? I see the new item tables in there, but it has "use actions" tied to it, they no longer are "lootable" with e, just broken

What? o.O I've only seen either honey or nothing but wood come out of those. Weird.

Then again, I've only looted maybe 2 chainsaws and 4 augers in my entire time playing 7 days, so there's that lol. My luck is terrible.

Hmm, you sure that's the new tree stump? I see the new item tables in there, but it has "use actions" tied to it, they no longer are "lootable" with e, just broken

Yeah, you have to take whats in XML files with a grain of salt as the programmer can do anything or nothing with the text.

***Yes, A17.1 (experimental) is out! Time to see what we can see! :D

That's a negative, or at least, I've never noticed any XP from it. But, you weren't going to sell all of that normally anyway, so use the extra coins to buy stuff :)

Do I need to place teh rental machine somewhere far/outside of my base?? It has been 3 in game days and none of the item that I listed get sold. I have set the price 20% lower.

Edit: OHHHHH, you aren't talking about the machine that we can "buy" from the trader? So could it be that the "NPC" won't buy anything from player placed rental machine?

Yup,

<!-- tree hollowed stump, place where people stash things, -->

<lootcontainer id="35" count="0,2" size="4,3" sound_open="UseActions/open_stump" sound_close="UseActions/close_stump" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="1,6" prob="2"/>

<item name="drinkJarEmpty" count="1,2" prob="2"/>

<item name="drinkCanEmpty" count="1,2" prob="5"/>

<item group="rottenFood" prob="1"/>

<item group="weaponsBasicGuns+ammo" prob="1.3"/>

<item group="sportingGoods" count="1,2" prob="5"/>

<item name="foodHoney"/>

<item group="cannedfood"/>

<item group="medicine"/>

</lootcontainer>

As of A17 there are no hollow tree stumps in game, they were replaced by regular stumps, which are not loot containers and therefore this table doesn't apply.

That's cool. Buy doesn't it cost money to rent them? Do you actually make money on them?

Well that's a bummer.

I did enjoy getting that honey from them.

You still get honey if you break them, but only honey and obviously not every time.

Grandpa's awesome sauce = double selling price, almost 50% off buying price. Drink this, buy everything you see from trader, then sell them all back. Very crazy way to earn dukes.

Edit: Actually no. Apparently if you buy/sell the same item, you can keep doing it forever, no limits on how many times you can sell it. Sell a auger and gain $31200, buy back for $19199, repeat until the effect of Grandpa's awesome sauce ends. Not only you are earning dukes from this, you also gain insane amount of exp. At this point it is more like an exp exploit than a dukes exploit.

Doesn't work as of 17.1

Bonus was nerfed from 60% to 20%, you no longer get benefit from doing that.

That's cool. Buy doesn't it cost money to rent them? Do you actually make money on them?

Yeah for sure. On average I collect between 1k - 2k every other day or so. Makes up for the rental cost very quickly. On another benefit, anything sells in there. Crafted blocks, doors, iron, whatever. Useful for when the trader stops buying your stuff. Just mark the stuff on discount for faster selling, I find 20% (2 ticks anyway) the sweet-spot.

Archived