The Craft & Sell for Dukes Tokens thread (A17)

Mday

I was looking for ways to earn some coins and cannot find any info on the topic, so I have decided to do some research and math.

May as well post some of my thought on the topic.

First of all some guidelines in making effective/efficient trade.

1) Trader will only take a limited amount of the same items form the player. E.g You cannot sell more than 3 pistol to the same trader at any given instant. Which means merely finding an item that has the best profit margin isn't gona be enough. You need to find a range of different items to sell.

2) Some material are harder to come by than others. Most noticeably duct tape/glue, machanical parts, which will run out very soon as the trade goes on. Others are so cheap and easy to gather I will just ignore them in the cost analysis,E.g wood.

3) Inventory space/time are limited and should be taken consideration for effective trades. E.g even thou 250 stone arrow is worth $120, it may not be a worthwhile product for trade.

4) Assuming 0 level in trading perk, 10 points in INT for lv 6 items, full durability.

Now lets look at some of the items that we can sell.

Category#1: Iron based items

Iron Club $560 (100 scrap iron, $5.6/iron)

Machete $960 (400 scrap iron, $2.4/iron)

Steel Axe/Pickaxe/shovel $1459 (400 scrap iron, $3.65/iron)

Sledgehammer $800 (300 scrap iron ,$2.67/iron)

hoe $319 (160 scrap iron, $1.99/iron)

3 of each of these items, total to 21 items for $21048, cost 11580 scrap iron, which equal to almost 2 stack of raw iron.

If you can afford the leathers(4 piece per craft), you can also consider Iron/Steel armor:

Iron Boot/Helm/Chest/Leg/Gloves $800 (240 scrap iron, $3.33/Iron)

Steel Boot/Helm/Chest/Leg/Gloves $1280 (480 scrap iron, $2.66/iron)

Scrap Iron/Iron Arrow Head/Forged Iron/Forged Steel/Steel Arrow Head/Iron Pipe, Iron Pot/ Iron Grill<-- All of these have very poor $/iron ratio ranging form 0.24~0.5/iron. Spring is particular bad at 0.055$/iron. So it is not worth the while to craft/sell these.

Category#2: Glue/Mechanical Parts/Scrap polymer based items

These items often require spring/forged Iron/ forged steel. Because from category #1 we have deduced that 11580 of scrap iron can craft 21048$ worth of goods, we can assume the cost of the iron related component in crafting the following items is ~1.81$/iron.

Pistol $480 (3 duct tape, 25 Mechanical Parts, $1454 of iron)

Shotgun $960 (10 duct tape, 20 Mechanical Parts, $3271 of iron)

Rifle $800 (5 duct tape, 20 Mechanical Parts, $1890 of iron)

Magnum $1120 (3 duct tape, 25 Mechanical Parts, $1454 of iron)

Sniper $1440 (10 duct tape, 50 Mechanical Parts, $3271 of iron)

SMG-5 $640 (5 duct tape, 20 Mechanical Parts, $1817 of iron)

AK47 $1440 (10 duct tape, 40 Mechanical Parts, $2908 of iron)

Compound Bow $1140 (5 duct tape, 10 Mechanical Parts, $1454 of iron)

Crossbow $1196 (10 duct tape, 10 Mechanical Parts, $363 of iron)

From the above, pretty much the only thing that is worth making is the crossbow. Anything else you are better off just craft Category#1 items with your iron. Only when you have reached the selling limit and still have extra iron left for crafting, should you consider crafting guns for sell. In such case Magnum and Compound bow will be the next two reasonable product to sell.

If you have any other items that are worth crafting for making dukes, I would love to hear it.

You completely ignored item quality part as well as barter skill.

Q6 iron club sells for 1100 at full barter.

Also, a regular stack of rocks with barter 5 sells for 3600.

4) Assuming 0 level in trading perk, 10 points in INT for lv 6 items, full durability.

0 level in barter because that is where I am at at lv 115. If you have lv 5 in barter just about anything you sell you can make huge profit.

You completely ignored item quality part as well as barter skill.

Q6 iron club sells for 1100 at full barter.

Also, a regular stack of rocks with barter 5 sells for 3600.

No he didn't, he states, "4) Assuming 0 level in trading perk, 10 points in INT for lv 6 items, full durability." in the OP.

Edit: too slow lol

0 level in barter because that is where I am at at lv 115. If you have lv 5 in barter just about anything you sell you can make huge profit.

Ah, I've missed that.

Barter really does give a massive benefit then, little point to use traders without it if you're 100+.

Ah, I've missed that.

Barter really does give a massive benefit then, little point to use traders without it if you're 100+.

I am actually debating to start investing in Barter, but not to make profit. I am wondering if the "better trader secret stash" will have anything actually worth spending dukes on. Cause right now without actually started craft and sell, I am already sitting on 80000 $ just by selling random loot from POI. I don't have anything of interest to buy. And that is with 3 traders at my door step.

Meanwhile, just about all the mines where I get coal/N to craft bullets, there are irons ore next to it. I have way too many iron than I need.

I am actually debating to start investing in Barter, but not to make profit. I am wondering if the "better trader secret stash" will have anything actually worth spending dukes on. Cause right now without actually started craft and sell, I am already sitting on 80000 $ just by selling random loot from POI. I don't have anything of interest to buy. And that is with 3 traders at my door step.

Meanwhile, just about all the mines where I get coal/N to craft bullets, there are irons ore next to it. I have way too many iron than I need.

Rank 5 modifications and solar banks and cells of quality 6 sound good enough?

Rank 5 modifications and solar banks and cells of quality 6 sound good enough?

Rank 5 modifications and solar banks and cells of quality 6???????????

TBH I have no idea what you are talking about XDD All I wanted is a beaker.

But why not it is only 5 points. I am sold!

Something wrong with your numbers then, I am getting just under 6000 dukes for a level 6 Steel Pick. 0 points in Better Barter

6000 dukes for a level 6 Steel Pick??????????????????????????????

Too late I just spend 2 points in the perk. Thou right now my lv 6 steel pickaxe is only worth $2918.

I am playing on A17 stable. Also wana point out if you have any mods installed it will add to the value of the item.

Rank 5 modifications and solar banks and cells of quality 6???????????

TBH I have no idea what you are talking about XDD All I wanted is a beaker.

But why not it is only 5 points. I am sold!

Barter 5 is good for things you can't make or can't make enough of. It's not mandatory or anything, but can be very convenient.

With beaker, however, you are better off just adding a recipe to the game yourself. I'm lvl 114 atm, max barter/loot. I've looted one beaker so far and I've never seen one on trader, although I've been checking three of them every reset.

My guess is that beakers are supposed to come from wrenching Chemistry-looking thingies you see here and there, but they are not working yet.

My guess is that beakers are supposed to come from wrenching Chemistry-looking thingies you see here and there, but they are not working yet.

That's my guess as well. They aren't loot containers like medicine and ammo piles, and wrenching them yields nothing, not even broken glass.

I have thought of adding a beaker recipe that is similar to the bulletproof glass recipes as an insurance policy for when the RNG screws me. But often I've found multiple working chemistry stations, so having one in my base isn't critical. (I only play SP.)

First of all ty for all your comments.

I just put 5 points into Better Barter. Sold some clubs and steel tools and make 100k coins. One thing I've notice is the exp you gain by selling items is actually pretty good. Get 2 skill points just by solding those items.

Auger and chainsaw.

This one is really nice. An engine cost about 1200 and auger sold for 16800. I am gona buy every engine from now on. TY for the tip!.

I have found 4 beakers. All from POI. (that something-o-pills thing). Thing is there is only 3 of those stores that I can found so far.

First of all ty for all your comments.

I just put 5 points into Better Barter. Sold some clubs and steel tools and make 100k coins. One thing I've notice is the exp you gain by selling items is actually pretty good. Get 2 skill points just by solding those items.

This one is really nice. An engine cost about 1200 and auger sold for 16800. I am gona buy every engine from now on. TY for the tip!.

I have found 4 beakers. All from POI. (that something-o-pills thing). Thing is there is only 3 of those stores that I can found so far.

Just wrench cars for engines and save the coin.

In my current game, I'm not spending any points at all, but i do have the cigar. I'm selling a lot of garage doors. I'm wrenching every bed i come across and a lot of cars so i'm swimming in the resources. I found a better barter perk paper so with that and the cigar I made about 50,000 from the garage doors.

Don't forget to rent out a machine, too! Good for all the items you can't sell to the trader. I usually mark down items by 20%, the cost of the rental pays for itself in a couple of days, and I think it's what, 30 or so day rental?

That's with the assumption you're playing on multiplayer server.

That's with the assumption you're playing on multiplayer server.

No, on single player items randomly sell from the rental machines in the traders (I don't think player vending machines do this - the ones you buy and place yourself). It says so in the Journal/tutorials. An "invisible" NPC comes by and buys some random stuff from time to time. Been doing this since A16

Archived