How to survive: Newbie: i am starving... Tipps appreachiated

Narima

Try this: put your startup points into getting 3 str 2 s.tyr. Make an iron club (hit the not-gargantuan boulders, scrap the resulting iron ore for iron, drop the nitrate and lead, you'll be mining that by the bucketload later). Loot unlocked houses only for enough cloth to make a bandana and 10 bandages, after that, loot only kitchen, bathrooms, laundry for glass jars and maybe some clothing. Don't bother hanging around and don't expect to find anything worthwhile in places that are easy to get in to, for good odds (which equals no wasted time, time is not money in this game, time is life) loot that's worth anything you have to go scarier places. When you're traveling, run down the roadside not the road, that way you get many more nests easy.

Wolves and boars, put an arrow or two in them if it's easy, but when they're running towards you wait your moment and powerclub them in the face once, that'll stun them long enough to get a regular hit in and kill them. If you've got a pack after you find a way to string them out or it's over for you if you can't run away. Dodging around trees helps.

Fighting at night's not too bad with bright moonlight or failing that torches, put enough distance between you and the zeds to drop a block or pole or frame and attach a torch, now you can see what you're fighting. I leave flagstone poles in the nearby woods so I can chop at night, it's peaceful. Mostly.

With just those startup points you can take out shotgun or working stiff basically first thing, no luck required, just watch your back. Luck into the northern Navezgane spawn near shotgun you can have a forge by noon on day 1, and with any luck on the hunting (for animal fat, for torches, you don't want to be defending in the dark) head south day 3 all loaded up on forged iron, iron arrowheads, nails, the works. S.Tyr 2 enables all of this, somebody's going to have to do a lot of mining and chopping and bashing, and that somebody's going to need S.Tyr.

Damn now you made me starting an new game.

All on default (mods disabled)

Unknown RWG map (i delete all traders)

I guess i make a thread in diary style

I am now at day 7 of this run.

And i can say that food and Ammo is really a issue if you have no traders available (all options on default)

He did mention he hasn't a hoe yet. Living of the land is only useful with a hoe, or are there already tilled spots one can use?

As far as I'm aware there aren't any pre-tilled spots... at least I've never heard of or came across any. I take tier one of Living Off The Land right at the beginning so it's out of the way before other perks start to become more major priorities. When I finally get a hoe I don't even have to think about the perk because I already have it.

Correction: I did test it tonight. Went to a farm and could plant a goldenrod seed there.

So it seems you can start a garden before you have a hoe!

Thanks for all your help - as of your help i survived and i had my 1 horde Bloodmoon :) The first 2 days are really hard- after it was much easier for me . I could not hold my house on bloodmoon - i put wooden spikes in front of door -3 rows and made a 3 blocks deep hole in the ground - but they brake in the door like butter- but fleeing from house and kiting them and killing them with bow and arrows helped :)

Meta game it.

Animals won't respawn in active chunks for quite a while, so just travel a bit to find animals. Do a large loop around your base, that way by the time you're returning to the "start point" of the loop, the animals have "come back".

This 100%.

Archived