New Unity Engine causing slow and mis pressed buttons or mouse clicks?

leaderdog

I know in alpha 16 you had to slow things down because if you ate to fast after eating, then you'd eat something and wouldn't get credit for it. Something to that effect anyways.

In Alpha17 many actions seem so slow:

Archery:

hold the left button to draw back, right click to aim, release,

quickly set next arrow and right click to aim.... right click didn't aim. wait a second hit right click to aim.

Painfully slow in a battle scenario. It works both ways if you aim first then click to draw, it doesn't always draw.

Running to the trader door, click it to open, Spin fast to click it to close, it doesn't register. Stop turn back click it again to close.

Happens with all doors.

These misclicks are common in many activities now.

I haven't seen mention of it. Is this just me? I move to fast? Or are other people experiencing these jarringly slow actions that feels like the game is a console port all of a sudden?

I know in alpha 16 you had to slow things down because if you ate to fast after eating, then you'd eat something and wouldn't get credit for it. Something to that effect anyways.

In Alpha17 many actions seem so slow:

Archery:

hold the left button to draw back, right click to aim, release,

quickly set next arrow and right click to aim.... right click didn't aim. wait a second hit right click to aim.

Painfully slow in a battle scenario. It works both ways if you aim first then click to draw, it doesn't always draw.

Running to the trader door, click it to open, Spin fast to click it to close, it doesn't register. Stop turn back click it again to close.

Happens with all doors.

These misclicks are common in many activities now.

I haven't seen mention of it. Is this just me? I move to fast? Or are other people experiencing these jarringly slow actions that feels like the game is a console port all of a sudden?

Same here. The bow often has no arrow selected anymore when I want to shoot (I think this was reported or at least mentioned in threads already). But it also often happens that I can't aim, i.e. I press the right mouse while aiming and the aiming cross doesn't narrow.

This might be a difficult problem to find and fix as it could be partly or fully the fault of Unity. Urgh, happy to not be in the shoes of the developer who gets to fix this :fat:

Same here. The bow often has no arrow selected anymore when I want to shoot (I think this was reported or at least mentioned in threads already). But it also often happens that I can't aim, i.e. I press the right mouse while aiming and the aiming cross doesn't narrow.

This might be a difficult problem to find and fix as it could be partly or fully the fault of Unity. Urgh, happy to not be in the shoes of the developer who gets to fix this :fat:

I hope it's not hard to fix, it's very easy to reproduce, it happens constantly.

Go play rust, you'll be back here in a day begging for the speeds of 7DTD.

I have no interest in Rust. It didn't look fun to me, it looks much like Conan Exiles and it got boring fast.

But I'm referring to sluggish and missed button or key presses. Either the Unity engine is causing this, or the programming is forcing some animation to complete, or something else weird is happening.

But where I used to fly through doing things rapidly, they are now slowed considerably because they aren't being registered.

Unless there's a perk for that, which god I hope not.

Aiming with bows doesn't consume stamina so you can right click once and keep the zoom, right click again to stop it

You are correct.

But I don't like to do that. because when you need to quickly get out of it, and the button doesn't register properly it can get you into an unwanted situation.

And of course that doesn't address the slow/missing pressing of buttons for opening doors etc. Something is causing the game to feel clunky like fallout 4 does on the pc. It may play fine on console, or console players are used to slower reactions of a controller... (not an insult just an observation), but it never used to be this way. Each mouse click was registered and each keyboard press was too. They aren't now. It feels wrong, and takes away from the flow of play. As well, it's registering too many clicks when holding down the mouse button, as has been reported in the bug thread. Something is just off right now.

I'm just hoping it's something the pimps can address/fix. And making sure it's not just me. :)

Not having arrow selected does happen after inserting/changing a mod. Having to double click and zoom not working half the time are problems. People still wondering about bike control, initial control is mouse, left click changes to a and d to steer and ability to mouselook then l click back to mouse.

I don't think Unity has anything to do with it, just some code that needs timing changes. It was much worse at the start of the experimentals, and it has been slowly improved... but not quite there yet.

However, I want to know how this didn't drive the devs crazy! Assuming that they built all of those new pre-fabs and assembled the new Navezgane in game, even using the special dev tools reveals this issue with the extra clicks/swings.

Archived