sphereii's DMT Mods

sphereii

Really stunning work.

A few questions about SphereII A Better Life.
The fish is really great, I just wonder about the spawning. There seem to be a lot of fish even if I try to add invisibleanimal and reduce probability. So I wonder how large area does the spawning cover, is it the whole body of water or just a few blocks?
Also I see the fish sometimes is out of water swimming on land, they get back into water again after looking a little confused, but it think this happen if I move fast on a vehicle close to water. Any plans to improve this, or is it just my heavy modded game?

3 hours ago, xxx73 said:

Really stunning work.

A few questions about SphereII A Better Life.
The fish is really great, I just wonder about the spawning. There seem to be a lot of fish even if I try to add invisibleanimal and reduce probability. So I wonder how large area does the spawning cover, is it the whole body of water or just a few blocks?
Also I see the fish sometimes is out of water swimming on land, they get back into water again after looking a little confused, but it think this happen if I move fast on a vehicle close to water. Any plans to improve this, or is it just my heavy modded game?

The spawn hook is pretty old, and should definitely be revisited. I thought there was a natural throttle on it, but maybe its failing. I'll try to look at it again.

I haven't noticed them swimming on land, but I would assume its possible. Their fear of air is the only thing that keeps them in water.

After testing some more I see that the decoration block have a much higher spawn probability than most other blocks,  so I will try to set the setting similar to most other blocks and maybe that improve it.

Update: Sry for not seeing the block probability, but reducing that made a big difference as expected, so the spawning is ok.

Still a bigger issue is that if you move fast toward a body of water, jump of the bike when at the water, for me I can find some fish out of the water turning toward the water and trying to get back.

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

18 hours ago, sphereii said:

The UI should look a lot different if you are using SMXUI.  If you have the Clear UI enabled, then I'd expect things to look different.

i have been using SMXUI for a while...thats not what i was meaning...what i was meaning is how do i know that your mods are working...the DMT mods. i do not use Clear UI.

Edited by PuppyShad (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

A follow up on A Better Life, I really enjoy it but there is two issues that is repeating and it is kind of immersive breaking.
1. When spawning into game close to water, I guess when inside water biome, I see fish on land.
2. As said before, jump on a vehicle and drive to a body of water and there will be fish on land.
I see that biome spawning is set to underwater, but why they end up on land will just be wild guessing for me.
Anyway on both occasion the fish find the way back to the water, it just take some time.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, xxx73 said:

I see that there is a newer version of A better life mod 19.1.1.1, can I ask what have changed since 19.0.0.6?

I don't think there's any changes in it. I think soon we'll push a slightly revised version from the Winterween project.

I wrote a plugin for my DMT that will auto-update my build numbers, so that's what happened there with the version bump.

Hi, sphereii. I would kindly like to ask you for some new features for your DMT core mod if I may.

After months of fiddling, I finally got an animation with an animator for my new weapon in unity and triggered it in the game via AnimatorFireTrigger. However, the animation is also played when the weapon is empty or broken.

I would like to have more requirement conditions, such as loaded ammunition and the condition of the durability of an item / weapon.

A new trigger, which is only activated when firing a weapon that is loaded and intact, would also be perfect for animations and easy to use.

While I'm on the conditions, these are very limited in the game and I would also like to be able to query whether there are items with certain tags in the backpack or the tool belt. Among other things, I would love to bring back the classic smell system. These would then be buff conditions.

Last but not least, I would like to have a way to create new terrain blocks with your own textures. Perhaps, similar to the zombies, assign a new unity material to a standard block using an XML code line?

I hope this is not too much to ask for and that you can help me. Especially all of the gun mods out there would benefit from a better gun fire trigger too.

Unfortunately I do not know C ++, I can just modify a little with dnSpy after a lot of time and trial and error, so you are my last hope for these new functions.

Thank you for your time and effort to offer the modding community more opportunities!

• 1 month later...

Is SphereIICore compatible with Alpha 19.3? The latest version in the Mod Launcher is 19.1.1.213 - which would suggest it was only updated for Alpha 19.1.

I ask because I'm getting a NRE after I install the modlet in an A19.3 game, and it's actually causing the game to hang. But this is a game install that I use for my own modlet experimentation, so I can't tell if it's due to the Core modlet or not.

If it is an issue with Core, and it's known, then never mind. If it's not known, and you want more info for debugging, let me know and I'll post what I can.

11 hours ago, khzmusik said:

Is SphereIICore compatible with Alpha 19.3? The latest version in the Mod Launcher is 19.1.1.213 - which would suggest it was only updated for Alpha 19.1.

I ask because I'm getting a NRE after I install the modlet in an A19.3 game, and it's actually causing the game to hang. But this is a game install that I use for my own modlet experimentation, so I can't tell if it's due to the Core modlet or not.

If it is an issue with Core, and it's known, then never mind. If it's not known, and you want more info for debugging, let me know and I'll post what I can.

The exact same thing happens to me when I compile a mod and load the game, it crashes.
I have compiled with Sphereii-Core and without it, I still get the same NRE result.
Regards

40 minutes ago, Gouki said:

The exact same thing happens to me when I compile a mod and load the game, it crashes.
I have compiled with Sphereii-Core and without it, I still get the same NRE result.
Regards

I actually asked about this in Discord. There is an A19.3 branch in the repo, which hasn't been merged to master yet. If you check out that branch (or download it) you can use it with A19.3, but you can't get it directly in the Mod Launcher until it's merged.

EDIT: Here's a link to that branch: https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.ModsA19/tree/19.3

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

question about the invisible layer in the Caves, its for structural support , but does that mean i can take out all the vertical column's  and it still wont collapse? im trying to figure out how much Leeway i have , as there's a Cave below the Trader and my base... i found out this later...  after building. (im playing Darkness Falls FWIW)

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Joker9799 said:

Question regarding this and server side requirements. Other than the DMT.dll file, is there anything I need to install on my server to enable this server-wide?

The general rule of thumb is that the DMT mods will need to be installed on both server and on client.

The following files need to be on the client:

7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\0-Harmony.dll

7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll

7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\DMT.dll

Mods\

The same set of files need to be on the server, using the 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder instead. Also, the Assembly-CSharp.dll needs to be different from the client's version, so be sure you are deploying the Assembly-CSharp.dll from the server's build, to the server. Same for the client.

Hey @sphereii

i've been playing your Animal Husbandry mod as implemented in DF and I'm loving it.

Whats the best Strategy to keep animals inside the pen?  I don't have doors but they all seem to go to a corner and eventually push eachother t'ill one glitches out.

Also, are some of these mods as you have them here compatible with DF as well?  

huge thanks and keep up the good work!

1 minute ago, patratcan said:

Hey @sphereii

i've been playing your Animal Husbandry mod as implemented in DF and I'm loving it.

Whats the best Strategy to keep animals inside the pen?  I don't have doors but they all seem to go to a corner and eventually push eachother t'ill one glitches out.

Also, are some of these mods as you have them here compatible with DF as well?  

huge thanks and keep up the good work!

They must be attracted to something if they are going into a corner like that. The logic to spread them out and path finding isn't that great. Hopefully I can polish it up a bit for A20.

I'm not sure which mods would be compatible with DF. A lot of my stuff is implemented in it as is.

2 hours ago, sphereii said:

They must be attracted to something if they are going into a corner like that. The logic to spread them out and path finding isn't that great. Hopefully I can polish it up a bit for A20.

I'm not sure which mods would be compatible with DF. A lot of my stuff is implemented in it as is.

I can't figure out what they're attracted to.  every fence block is of the same material and uniform.  I've put a water hole, water storage, and food storage bin with them.  I will however try to make the pen bigger.  Cheers!

5 minutes ago, patratcan said:

I can't figure out what they're attracted to.  every fence block is of the same material and uniform.  I've put a water hole, water storage, and food storage bin with them.  I will however try to make the pen bigger.  Cheers!

They could be attracted to each other foot steps.. we've seen that with zombies. That can causes clumping.

5 hours ago, sphereii said:

They could be attracted to each other foot steps.. we've seen that with zombies. That can causes clumping.

I didn't realise that animals are attracted to the player.  When I move corners after a minute or two they will start changing direction.  Or maybe it's my footsteps lol.

Edited by patratcan (see edit history)