Telrics Modlets

Telric

It looks great, but the fan model is slightly off.

The fan blades are tapered towards the hub:

blade.jpg.e8bbd6614107baead22203184eba10e1.jpg

The are also rotated from the axel by 45 degrees:

1990011127_bladerotated.jpg.0b652e8540fae1c5a1ad722f1cd58d5b.jpg

and are flat, not bent backwards at the tips:

1842230749_fullblade.jpg.870f38cdf42a94785e36826e37fc8d0a.jpg

Also, if you are looking at them from the front, they spin in the direction of the edge of the blade thats front most. The wind hits them, and slides off the blade towards the part of the blade in the back. (if the spin is in the opposite direction, something will look "off" to people, but it will probably be hard for them to figure out whats wrong without really looking at them.)

(If you tilt them when modelling before spin multiplying them and the rotation is wrong on the final model, tilt the blade in the opposite direction and then spin the blades to correct that appearance easily.

That fin in the back is also usually not thick and is flat, or is thicker towards the front of the windmill than the back. It doesn't pivot side to side like a fish's tail.. the "tail" aligns the entire top windmill structure with the wind so its always has the blades facing the direction of the wind.

(If you watch this video at 3:35 at half speed, you kind of get how they look in action.)

(You'll note the spin looks wrong.. thats a camera speed issue creating the false illusion of the blades spinning the opposite way.)

Also of note, they use them to pump water from an underground well... so the windmill could also be the required power source for well to pump water.

Please forgive if it looks like I'm nit picking as that is not intended. You asked for creative input so I'm hopefully providing it.

;)

Not a problem! I dont mind some critique. lol. I don't really know the ins and outs of a windmill. I do have the blades rotated a bit. it just looked weird in blender when i had a large rotation degree, so i settled on that rotation. As for the tail... after i animated it, i thought about animating the entire head to align with it, but didn't... Laziness i guess. lol. Spending hours modeling and texturing can wear on ya :p But i appreciate the input!I'll see if i can't put a bit more work into it.

Cool. Some people only want praise for their work, but I always prefer an alternate take with criticism work considering. Sometimes we are too close to our work, and can't see issues with it.

I figured a video with a least some of one working might help. It looks like you have the blades rotated on two axis, one rotating them back a bit, kind of like a flower petal. One trick I learned for uv mapping is mapping a section, and then flipping that and reattaching that so textures don't look like they are repeating as much.

Its more work, but the end result sometimes looks better. I was going to do one of those pipe based looking ones like in that video and use that uv mapping trick.

You've already got it pretty much done though.

Yeah I rotated the blades a tiny bit then pulled the faces back a bit cuz it looked too blocky to me. A slight curvature look was needed somewhere lol. And I don't mind negatives. If the only thing about my model you don't like is the blades aren't rotated perfectly and the tail looks like a fish tail I'm happy! Lol. Atleast you didn't say it was all trash with no explanation 😁

[video=youtube_share;YJUTtr0HR-U]

Just an update on what im working on. Tryin my own work on a farming / food mod. Everyone seems to do one, so i figure why not... :) Work in progress of course. The orange tree is the newest model. the other ones are pretty much finished. Tree has a bit more work before i'm happy with it...

[video=youtube_share;YJUTtr0HR-U]

Just an update on what im working on. Tryin my own work on a farming / food mod. Everyone seems to do one, so i figure why not... :) Work in progress of course. The orange tree is the newest model. the other ones are pretty much finished. Tree has a bit more work before i'm happy with it...

Super awesome! I cant wait!

[video=youtube_share;uLVPItCB_3g]

WORK IN PROGRESS... Not quite done. :) Lots of stuff to add lol

Another update. Been working hard on creating a poi for all of my modded items to work out of.

Welcome to Summerset Villa! (Thanks to Khelldon for the epic name! :D ) This is a small village. A safe haven from the apocalypse. A handful of humans have rallied together to create a walled off village that is fully self efficient. Here players will be able to accept quests, earn rewards, and find new secrets within!

There will be a quest that sends the player to find this place (kinda like the starter trader quest). Once there, players can interract with npcs to purchase new items, or take on new quests. There are many secrets areas within this place to find unique treasures. All are accessible without having to break a single block. You just need to find them.

Much work to be done still. Just wanted to share what i have so far. I will probably combine all my mods into one big one after i get this prefab done. The idea is for everything i create to come out of this poi. That way i do not need to rely on anything vanilla related, besides the spawning of this prefab. :) Let me know what you think!

[video=youtube_share;wT6AumkuGZ4]

This is a first pass of the fishing system i'm wanting to do. Let me know what you think. I'm going to tweak the drop rate and respawn rate and give the left and right click different attributes for the fishing pole. Might even see about putting a jukebox by the npc that plays some nice music (copyright free of course!)..

Good or no? lemme know!

• 2 months later...

Well the windmill uses the solar panel code. So you could attach a battery bank to power it like you would a solar panel. Or you could change the code over to use the electrical stuff, but that would change the idea of it being a lower cost power output... Then you'd need an engine and other stuff to power it.

Archived