Alpha 17b240 Quick Guide to Creating a ‘7 Days To Die’ world from an external image.

Red Eagle LXIX

Another additional info:

I kept seeing weird shader bugs like i posted in bug reports sometime ago, if you are doing a custom map i would advise to make the maximum altitude 150 or lower, otherwise you will see things like this:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?131113-A18-b155-EXP-bug-reporting-thread&p=1047948&viewfull=1#post1047948

shadertest.png

With lower levels you will not see this (much less).

- - - Updated - - -

Be faster to delete only the region files in the save game...

...that way you're not spawning new every time, and can keep crap on your toolbelt, etc.

Spawning in the ingame world editor (which i would prefer doing stuff like placing prefabs and so on) you will see no real difference. For real playtesting you might want to go your preferred way.

The ingame world editor has another advantage: You will see the prefabs with green outlines in the map even if you did not visit that area yet.

Makes hopping around on some places in the map much easier.

Edited by Sam_Neill (see edit history)

Another additional info:

I kept seeing weird shader bugs like i posted in bug reports sometime ago, if you are doing a custom map i would advise to make the maximum altitude 150 or lower, otherwise you will see things like this:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?131113-A18-b155-EXP-bug-reporting-thread&p=1047948&viewfull=1#post1047948

shadertest.png

With lower levels you will not see this (much less).

- - - Updated - - -

Spawning in the ingame world editor (which i would prefer doing stuff like placing prefabs and so on) you will see no real difference. For real playtesting you might want to go your preferred way.

The ingame world editor has another advantage: You will see the prefabs with green outlines in the map even if you did not visit that area yet.

Makes hopping around on some places in the map much easier.

I actually think this is a bug in the games distant terrain. At higher elevations it "sticks out" more compared to the local terrain. Thus you can see those nasty edges. Some imprecision when calculating the y position of vertecies of the distant terrain.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...