Last update, clever zombie easily tricked to kill themself

Frizzio

I love 7 days to die and i LOVE last UPDATE! It just makes the game soo much realistic. I love the zombie being more smart too, but i did find a little problem. They are easily tricked to kill themself.

i made a 1 minute video to show u how.

Old zombies would have stick at the bottom of the base and destryed it, smart zombies just kill themself.

My first blood moon, they barely touched my base. I dug a two block trench around my base and they kept dropping down walking to a point where they could get out, came back to the same spot, drop down and repeated this the whole night, shame i had loot set to 25% because i only had about 100 arrows. Could have made alot of xp

thats the point....they arent really clever.....at all... this is ruining the game on my opinion.

It's the first stages in making the ai better :p the pathing is tons better. They have the ability to focus a certain spot and get through it, avoid things and get through small openings, and other things.

This type of "base" only works because they think they can get over it but can't :p give it time, this is only the beginning of their new AI that will lead to bandits at some point :)

I love 7 days to die and i LOVE last UPDATE! It just makes the game soo much realistic. I love the zombie being more smart too, but i did find a little problem. They are easily tricked to kill themself.

Indeed this is the worst AI we have ever seen because it is SO easy to exploit. I think most players have already worked this disaster out. Out of interest why do you find this a positive?

Indeed this is the worst AI we have ever seen because it is SO easy to exploit. I think most players have already worked this disaster out. Out of interest why do you find this a positive?

its easy to exploit but also forces you to make different bases. In a16 I could literally make a giant box out of stone and spam spikes around it. Wood spikes. and that would hold off 3-4 horde nights. The ai in a16 was just as exploitable, just in different ways :p You could run around your walls and they'd spread out in nice near little piles so they didnt ever overwhelm one side only. Now you have to actively defend your base somewhat because they will go after the weak point. There are exploits currewntly, but we're only at the first version of 17 stable. The first version of the improved ai they'll use for bandits later on.

When your in a poi, the zombies will path to you generally without busting loot containers, where as in a16 they'd beeline it to you often destroying lootable things. In terms of base defense, AI in a16 was better, it was stupid, but all they needed to do was nerf traps somewhat so the zombies can't be killed passivly like in a17 in general.

How did you stop them from just coming thru the poi your in behind you though?

Well i like the fact that a one block missing ladder wont stop them from climbing for example. I like that do jumps more, and besically are more clever. I think this would be better if they would implement some kind of random way of attack. They definatly cant follow all the same route. If i do have a base they should attack from different angles, some may try the jump, some not, some may climb same not and so on. Otherwhise its easy to exploit any kinda of IA.

Archived