Are vehicles still disappearing?

OnlyMeiya

When will we see this fix? It is probably not so but I feel that this problem is actually getting worse by the day. I lost 2 more motorbikes last night.

Experimental release candidate builds have been going through testing since Friday, but several bug fixes were needed, which look complete, so this last build may make it through testing.

Just had a minibike dissapear after i logged back in its gone , full storage..... very annoyed. very old bug that needs fixing. Pissed off.

SP so i can re spawn the stuff but its not good enough

The "out of world kill" bug is not old. It is a bug from A17 vehicle changes, which I made a fix for that will be in the next release.

The "out of world kill" bug is not old. It is a bug from A17 vehicle changes, which I made a fix for that will be in the next release.

Ive had then dissapear/ go underground on console version (played 3 or so years ago)

A16 they did it too and thats well over a year old.

Just subcat of the bug new? I hope you fix =)

My bicycle just vanished. Not even an icon on the map left. I was playing in a multiplayer game. I don't know if it's significant, but I'd parked it in a different location on original ground, but beneath another players platform which is elevated on pillars.

So I bite the bullet and create a minibike to replace the lost bicycle. Next thing I'm hearing over chat is that one of the guys jeep disappears, followed a short time later that his gyrocopter had disappeared. I look over the edge of the building I'm constructing to assure myself my new minibike below is still safe, only to discover it too had disappeared.

I can always pick up any future vehicle I make everywhere I go, but then you lose the advantage of having extra storage. I hope this gets fixed soon!

So I bite the bullet and create a minibike to replace the lost bicycle. Next thing I'm hearing over chat is that one of the guys jeep disappears, followed a short time later that his gyrocopter had disappeared. I look over the edge of the building I'm constructing to assure myself my new minibike below is still safe, only to discover it too had disappeared.

I can always pick up any future vehicle I make everywhere I go, but then you lose the advantage of having extra storage. I hope this gets fixed soon!

I have found that building a "parking pad" (just dig down a block and then about 5x5 filled with whatever... cobblestone, concrete, ect) has helped with keeping vehicles from disappearing. That didn't help when my motorcycle vanished when I was out farming surface boulders though... at 12p on horde night. That was a fun walk back lmao

Are the vehicles disappearing a multiplayer only thing? Has anyone lost one in a single player game?

Yep, one cycle in single player. Many many vehicles lost in MP.

- - - Updated - - -

Experimental release candidate builds have been going through testing since Friday, but several bug fixes were needed, which look complete, so this last build may make it through testing.

Should we stay opted into experimental then? I flipped back to stable when A17 "released".

I play a lot, so I guess it does'nt happen to everybody, but it happened 3 times after having restarted the game, and once in game (I parked my motorcycle, visited a POI, run everywhere chased by some z, then came back and... surprise ! - maybe I left a chunk for another).

The other thing we've seen on our mp server, is vehicles immediately disappearing when you get off them.. even if you stop, wait a few seconds and then get off. Every single time though, if we went back to where the vehicle was mounted for that ride, it was sitting there, as if the game wasn't updating its ridden position, and when dismounted, it popped back to the position where it was mounted.

Its not all the time, but if you drive a long distance, its a pain in the rump.

Had my first minibike disappear today, checked all around the area nothing. Came back an hour later to find it sitting mid air just off the top of the building it was next to. Was able to reach and retrieve it, just as well it had all my dukes on it lol. Sucks it still happening to people so regularly though. You never know, if its gone, try on top of the nearest building!

I wish it was as simple as building a pad, but up until now I've parked in the grass next to my base and never had an issue. I didn't lose vehicles until I parked in another part of the map. There doesn't seem to be any foolproof way to prevent this. I played 16.4 starting last Jan and never had my minibike disappear. Why I'm suddenly more susceptible to a problem that appears to have been ongoing is a frustrating puzzle. I suppose if I could figure out how to prevent it, then so could TFP and the bug would be fixed! In the meantime, I'm getting used to walking, but my stamina is much better in real life, lol.

I wish it was as simple as building a pad, but up until now I've parked in the grass next to my base and never had an issue. I didn't lose vehicles until I parked in another part of the map. There doesn't seem to be any foolproof way to prevent this. I played 16.4 starting last Jan and never had my minibike disappear. Why I'm suddenly more susceptible to a problem that appears to have been ongoing is a frustrating puzzle. I suppose if I could figure out how to prevent it, then so could TFP and the bug would be fixed! In the meantime, I'm getting used to walking, but my stamina is much better in real life, lol.

The old minibike code was very different from the new vehicle physics code, but some things like VehicleManager and base entity code are the same or similar, so some bugs are old like the dedicated server shutdown bug, while others are new like the "out of world kill".

The other thing we've seen on our mp server, is vehicles immediately disappearing when you get off them.. even if you stop, wait a few seconds and then get off. Every single time though, if we went back to where the vehicle was mounted for that ride, it was sitting there, as if the game wasn't updating its ridden position, and when dismounted, it popped back to the position where it was mounted.

That sounds like a different bug than the ones I have been looking at. Vehicle control transfers to the client that drives it and back to server when exited. The server should be getting position updates from the client as it is moved, which should be evident if other players are seeing you move the vehicle, since the server is telling them.

My bicycle just vanished. Not even an icon on the map left. I was playing in a multiplayer game. I don't know if it's significant, but I'd parked it in a different location on original ground, but beneath another players platform which is elevated on pillars.

I think you need to check your avatar regularly too, never know when the bike will disappear from that too ;p

I might be mistaken, but my understanding is that if you want A17.1 experimental then opt into the latest experimental. If you want to wait for A17.1 stable, opt out.

Yes. I think all our stable builds should first come from an experimental build. Eventually when an experimental looks good and has what we want in it, it would be turned into stable.

Have not had this happen, but I always make a "parking area" by putting down a 4x3 rectangle of wooden plates. My understanding is that it will not disappear if it's on a user-made block or surface.

That doesn't work either. I've lost two motorcycles in a concrete garage I made.

• 3 months later...

Yup! Still 'disappearing'. I have had a bike, a mini and a two trucks disappear. I agree with others saying they 'move'. The bike I found floating WAY up above the location (the pointer was there and I nerd-poled up to it .. barely .. 200 or so frames).

A truck I ALMOST made it to (MP) but was shy about two or three frames but had reached the top of the world and it wouldn't let me build higher. The truck and bike were lost after parking them and then logging out and back in (one truck I never figured out where it went). The minibike I was using to drive along at bedrock while tunneling. I dug a ways away from it and went back to the marked and ... gone. It's probably in bedrock and, to this day, the marker is still on the map.

The most recent was just yesterday (05.05.2019) - again in MP. I ran up a mountain to get an airdrop (actually, about three) and came back to exactly where I new I'd left the motorcycle (and the marker was on the map) and it was gone. No idea if it moved down into the ground or up into the air (although I couldn't see it up in the air so my guess would be into the ground).

Don't know if any of this is new info or not. I didn't read through every post here.

Archived