Adding Custom Trader to towns

rickyralph

This modlet changes two things about the traders.

The first is that it increases the max allowed for all 5 traders in the wilderness to 2. (doesn't mean there will always be 10 traders, just a chance for more than 5 traders).

The second thing is that it allows players to sell at vending machines. I felt this gave the rental and player vending machines a little more purpose to single player games. The same rules apply as the trader though, meaning the machines have a buy back limit. They do reset every day though, with the exception of the machines found in the world (Such as the drink machines) Those reset on their normal time intervals.

Here is the modlet [ATTACH]26819[/ATTACH]

If you want here is a link to the trader prefab that can load into town.

Report any bugs here.

Enjoy:smile-new:

Note: This modlet will not work properly with any mods that change the rwgmixer like TheWildlands mod. It's a great mod but it deletes some of the prefab groups that my prefab is placed in. Feel free to edit my mod to work with any mod you have. Good Luck.

--------------------------------------------------

Changed the zip file, moved the custom trader prefab modlet and added it to the prefab zip file.

Also not sure how to change the title, since it's misleading now.

Changed the game version in modinfo.xml to a comment.

Trader Rework.zip

What about the other two parts of the mod? They change the trader max spawns in the wilderness and the ability to sell to vending machines. I will change the prefab post I already have to add the modlet. Maybe I should change the Trader rework modlet to just the trader spawns and the vending machines and have the prefab its own. I am new to the modding community and just want to make sure I understand the basic layout. Thanks for the help.

What about the other two parts of the mod? They change the trader max spawns in the wilderness and the ability to sell to vending machines. I will change the prefab post I already have to add the modlet. Maybe I should change the Trader rework modlet to just the trader spawns and the vending machines and have the prefab its own. I am new to the modding community and just want to make sure I understand the basic layout. Thanks for the help.

Kinda mean like make a folder inside folder have your modlet and your prefabs folder this way someone can go to one page and get both the prefabs and the modlet rather then going to then your modlet and then have to go get your prefab.

Ps: welcome to modding. You haven't done anything wrong btw just makes it easier to grab your prefab if it were in 1 post not 2.

• 1 month later...

Archived