How do the random seeds work in Alpha 17?

hraser

From my experience, it seems that whatever one uses as a random gen seeds determines the choice of prefab map used....

Dupuwu Valley, East Taimo County, etc.

Granted it seems like there are a dozen or so maps, but it doesn't seem like a random map is generated. Maybe there is more to it then I'm realizing.

Your thoughts?

From my experience, it seems that whatever one uses as a random gen seeds determines the choice of prefab map used....

Dupuwu Valley, East Taimo County, etc.

Granted it seems like there are a dozen or so maps, but it doesn't seem like a random map is generated. Maybe there is more to it then I'm realizing.

Your thoughts?

From what I can tell the seed controls the noise used for the terrain map and biome placement map.

The streets and roads are generated based off the terrain and some other variables because it seems to change even when the seed is the same. So indirectly impacted by the seed? Not sure. Same for buildings, seem to be purely based off random chance values defined in XML. I am not sure, just what I can tell from some observations while hacking at the XML and generating maps over and over.

Archived