Heat in A17?

The_Great_Sephiroth

Get out of it. :p The desert is a deadly place for thirst and stamina damage if you're hot. It takes a lot of heat resist to protect and you can invest in the perk that helps with temperature. The desert at times is not to hot and you can get in and out without a problem the rest of the time you will cook until you get the resist.

So we have no way to resist heat right now, despite it starting us there? I am not upset so don't read into that, I am trying to figure out my next move since I am settled there. In prior releases a new character COULD survive there, but it is VERY difficult now.

When you start the game you get like 8 hours real time protection against temperture.

OK, I used to be able to scavenge for yucca and use the correct clothing to survive in A16, but in A17 I cannot survive in the desert without constant heat. I have cowboy boots and hat, t-shirt, poncho, and blue jeans, and I am always hot. I carry a lot of yucca juice, but it no longer cools. What can I do now to beat the heat?

They reworked how some clothing affects your temperature, its likely you are still associating several pieces of clothing as if they were still A16.4.

For instance an Leather Jacket now provides better heat AND cold resist, than the poncho. Previously it was stupidly annoying that we had to keep switching between Jacket and Poncho because of there never being an equilibrium temp.

I wear Shorts/cowboy hat, tank top and cowbow boots and I am making it just fine, since clothing no longer provides armor you can effectively optimize your temperature without worry of your armor suffering.

Pay attention to those heat and cold resists on the item info sheet.

Get out of it. :p The desert is a deadly place for thirst and stamina damage if you're hot. It takes a lot of heat resist to protect and you can invest in the perk that helps with temperature. The desert at times is not to hot and you can get in and out without a problem the rest of the time you will cook until you get the resist.

So it is confirmed that you can't survive the desert with all the best heat resistant clothing available without getting the perk as well? Honestly curious cause I've been wondering myself if the heat is glitched.

So it is confirmed that you can't survive the desert with all the best heat resistant clothing available without getting the perk as well? Honestly curious cause I've been wondering myself if the heat is glitched.

That rumor is just false.

I live near a desert and constantly break boulders there because they are plentiful.

I generally do not overheat in the desert anymore unless it is high noon.

My character has no perks or liners. Just a duster, a cowboy hat, a tank top, a bandana, and shorts. Seems like with a cooling liner, I would probably never overheat. Heat tolerance in the stats says 52 heat protection. So I would say 50+ is were you want that stat to be if you are going in the desert.

Archived