You have voxels, SO USE THEM!

zombo

Sounds reasonable.... just curious if you've actually tried it?

Nope, I've only defended above ground, but if I could layer all my walls with 10 blocks of stone it would sure make it easier. The only area you really need to fortify is your entrance, as everywhere else will have 5000+ HP of stone between the zombies and a walkable path so anything but the strongest door will automatically be the easy path.

Nope, I've only defended above ground, but if I could layer all my walls with 10 blocks of stone it would sure make it easier. The only area you really need to fortify is your entrance, as everywhere else will have 5000+ HP of stone between the zombies and a walkable path so anything but the strongest door will automatically be the easy path.

Gotcha, so you don't really know that it will work that way. It sounds like it should work that way but it hasn't been tested.

Everyone seen the huge cave(?) system in snow biome, Navezgane right? I cant say more as I think its the first "Plot POI" in the game. It could be the trigger for starting the, eventual, main plot of the game.

The implications of everything in that POI area are too focused to be just a random quest POI.

Where exactly is this? I found one cave in the snowy mountains north-east but it was just a small common cave.

Gotcha, so you don't really know that it will work that way. It sounds like it should work that way but it hasn't been tested.

It's literally adding more HP to something that already works. It's like saying you don't know if your base will still work if you upgrade the walls. This isn't rocket science. If anything the AI is *too* predictable.

Where exactly is this? I found one cave in the snowy mountains north-east but it was just a small common cave.

The front door is 1570N, 770E

This is the only "Game Plot" POI I have ever seen so far. You have to do some detective thinking as you observe things, but I am sure TFP are starting to work on a potentially scary story line! :)

I have been saying all the same complaints since day one release...where have you guys been? All i get on the A17 forum is you dont like change and you are too fixed in your play style...bull♥♥♥♥..

The game handcuffs you and puts you behind the 8 ball ..where you stay the whole time. It forces you to put points into perks that you may not really want ..just to survive. Its become a grind of broken systems. Many longtime players that I play with on my server are very disappointed for the18 mos wait and having this as the result. Too many systems ripped out or never materialized or too simplified...sucks. Stable version was just to say they did it before Christmas. For example...you can build a blade trap with found loot before you can level up to get steel. Its backwards and lost alot of shine. Unfortunately we moved forward in Alpha , but backwards in development...imho

Regards

Ouch

I loved the gravel mines in A11. Unfortunately clearing all that empty space out made the game run horrible because we have no occlusion system. People above the expansive underground network of awesomeness were in an open plains field getting 20 fps with no obvious reason why. Hopefully we can see the return of the cool gravel mines or something even better. The cave system we tried was really cool but had the same problem, generation was slow and caused a lot of performance issues.

I'm sad to hear this, but I can understand. You guys are doing something nobody else quite is. Detailed voxel 3d games (that are actually good games) are very rare indeed. I imagine there are good reasons why you can't just toss in occlusion right now.

It's 2019 now- but the limits of what games can do are still all to real. We need massively more powerful hardware which will come in time, and a lot of more work done on game engines such as unity.

This turned into a good thread and good read, I wasn't expecting that. Jolly good show chaps! I shall not arrest anyone on these for at least 2 hours- so you all got permission to be very naughty! Feel free to loot the crap out of shamway, I'll look the other way just this once. Bunch of criminals I swear... My zombified cop blood is already boiling just thinking about all the crime that goes on around here on a daily basis...

better make it 1 hour

For example...you can build a blade trap with found loot before you can level up to get steel. Its backwards and lost alot of shine.

That's exactly how a game's progression is supposed to work. Once you can make your own steel it's infinite, so the amount of steel a blade trap costs is meaningless. You go from no blade trap (no skill) to expensive blade trap (skill but resources have to be scavenged) to infinite blade traps (skill plus steal crafting). It's way cooler gameplay to have those intermediate periods where you can build stuff but have to spend limited resources than to just go from zero to infinite.

It's funny you mention Excel ... The spreadsheets are plentiful.

Yea, because it feels like your spending more time thinking about your Xp, your perks points, how to unlock them, focusing on unlocking them then actually playing the game for fun. This is typical a syndrome you get with mmo type games.

Yeah every system has it' ups and downs.

What TFP have gone with for 7DTD has some fun aspects and I am pretty much used to it now.

It isn't perfect thought and you two pointed one of those things out.

Used to be I knew I needed to get better at mining/harvesting .... so I went mining/ harvesting.

Didn't really have to think about it... just went and played and had fun.

Now there's a lot of staring at perks that have poor descriptions and little documentation.

It's not all bad... but certainly not all good either.

Archived