You have voxels, SO USE THEM!

zombo

*UPDATED-- madmole has responded as to why we don't have epic caves on page 4 of this thread- Thank you for clearing this up Dr Molebeard The Mad, and I hope you guys figure out a way to get occlusion working someday so we can have epic deep caves that hopefully run down to lava!**

For the love of ice cream apple pie, why in the world do you have this voxel tech and then make digging such a boring and underused part of the game?

Because it's early access and you will do more with it eventually?

Well I hope that is your reason, because right now it's very unflattering to dig.

Remember how great it was to dig down in terraria and minecraft?

You would eventually run into frequent caves, chasms, underwater lakes, lava, abandoned mines, and all sorts of fantastical things! That sort of thing is completely missing in this VOXEL game where you can dig up the entire world.

I am not saying it should have mythical beasts, walls of flesh, and rocket boots- (though honestly I think that would be a better game then what you are trying to build here... a 3d terraria would be boss yo!)

But digging right now is BORING... and no I won't use the pun here. too predictable, easy, not creative enough, just like how digging currently is in your game.

And don't say you already have caves... those things you call caves are lame, and very rare.

A HISTORY OF DIGGIN!

The first time I dug down into the world in alpha 5 I think it was (when you first added the forge and everything was black and white and movies still didn't have sound effects)- I was excited. Until I slowly realized there was nothing interesting to be found by digging. All these years and alphas later and digging down is still an untapped HUGE potential here. In my opinion of course.

Oh, while I am here- please solve the dug terrain mesh errors. I am sick of ghosting through fake terrain to get in my base built on the side of a hill I dug into.

- - - Updated - - -

Also- I miss voxel trees that broke into small blocks when cut down. The falling over trees are not as cool, and they don't even have a bottom mesh so you can see right through them. =D

It's because people don't like it when their homes collapse into sinkholes.

This could be alleviated by buffing the SI of stone. Natural stone should be one of the highest SI materials in the game, and it shoudn't be craftable (to prevent it being exploited by builders).

Why do people even play on public servers (where all the weird design problems come from lol)?. This seems to me- a game suited for small groups of friends to play, or solo.

So I suggest the pimps FORSAKE you public server players and just build a boss coop game instead!

(runs like hell before the pitchforks and torches come out)

Its all still there, the only change is, the character has asthma now, and cant do much without tiring himself/herself quickly😂😂

looool :D

Also:

2pzxqc.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Why do people even play on public servers (where all the weird design problems come from lol)?. This seems to me- a game suited for small groups of friends to play, or solo.

So I suggest the pimps FORSAKE you public server players and just build a boss coop game instead!

(runs like hell before the pitchforks and torches come out)

no. Multiplayer can be pretty fun. And also not everyone has friends...

... or those that play 7d2d :D

I remember caves. I remember caverns. I remember underground lakes. I remember getting lost in underground caves and caverns and inter-linked tunnels.

Those were the days.

Me too, it really felt like spelunking and was almost a game on its own.

We used to gear up and spend days and days exploring, setting up camps with forges to mine out areas, building scaffolding to cross chasms and make travel to the surface feasible.

That was a huge loss imho.

I am actually getting all teary eyed remembering those days, they seem so so soooo long ago. So sorely missed, and the only thing I really miss as everything else is just adapting but they, the caves, were a whole game within a game, to a certain extent.

Ok, they keep saying, well to be more precise...I keep hearing, that they will be bringing them back (Perlin cave system) but with this current system/direction I don't see it happening, though I'm praying to my Gods and keeping all my digits crossed, which makes typing bloody hard I can tell ye :smile-new:

Those days are gone and I mourn with you guys.

It just feels like having the best real estate in the whole world at the moment and instead of making a beautiful hotel, you are determined to build a parking lot. *sigh*

this... might be one of the most accurate descriptions of A17 and TFPs I have heard or thought of.

Dayum it hurts how accurate it is.

So much potential... and they let it crumble because they want it to be more like fallout.

It's because people don't like it when their homes collapse into sinkholes.

This could be alleviated by buffing the SI of stone. Natural stone should be one of the highest SI materials in the game, and it shoudn't be craftable (to prevent it being exploited by builders).

Sorry but I can't agree with this.

I think a lot of players in A16 dug underground without sufficient support and A17 now more accurately reflects the SI stats so their old habits won't work anymore.

- I've never had a single collapse since A15.

- Almost all the players I see posting about collapses are digging large cavities without support.

I made a test server and did a ton of SI stuff, including learning about rock.

If you make support columns with 5 spaces in between them, you will never have a collapse underground.... ever!

If you want larger spaces you need to shore up the ceiling or leave a thicker layer above you.

I do think they should add the caves and tunnels back in.

I agree one of the funnest things about terraria for me was digging underground not knowing what goodies or stuff I may find, then finding something and exploring it. I'd love for that to come back to 7dtd, Personally I blame the SI system for why the caves were removed. There is a reason most voxel based games do not use a SI system, and this is why. Why not make the SI system ONLY apply to player built things? and then again ONLY on the surface layer? Within Limits of course, if you completly dig out a hole under a poi it will collapse in as there is nothing supporting it, but if there is even one block supporting it, it should be held up. Realistic? hell no, better for gameplay as a whole? hell yes. Gameplay trumps realism imo.

If you want a realsitic zombie game play project zomboid where you even have to manage your chars mental health, even busting into a house is a major ordeal in it, its not as easy as just bashing the door in like in 7dtd. I refunded project zomboid due to the stupid about of micromanagement that is required, it just wasn't fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Its all still there, the only change is, the character has asthma now, and cant do much without tiring himself/herself quickly😂😂

Asthma and copd from being a 2 pack a day smoker for 20+ years by how fast your stam drains. Why don't we have a skill for faster stamina regen yet? its needed, stick it in agility and I assure you people will take it.

A11 :rip:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26757[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]26758[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]26759[/ATTACH]

"Thats boring yo!

Why you want to do that when you can be out killing zeds for that sweet xp and skill points. Digging is lame man. GRINDFEST SNOOZE!"

- Gazz, probably

We used to get super excited when we found one of these. We would set up little huts in them :(

"Thats boring yo!

Why you want to do that when you can be out killing zeds for that sweet xp and skill points. Digging is lame man. GRINDFEST SNOOZE!"

- Gazz, probably

We used to get super excited when we found one of these. We would set up little huts in them :(

I'm so sad about the fact, that I can see this beeing said (a bit more sarcastic).

Exploration? Trying to build a hordesafe base? Micromanaging lots of stuff? Natural progression?

You are just insane if you want those!

I'm so sad about the fact, that I can see this beeing said (a bit more sarcastic).

Exploration? Trying to build a hordesafe base? Micromanaging lots of stuff? Natural progression?

You are just insane if you want those!

Right. Do you want to know why Im not playing anymore? Forget all the other complaints like diggers and perks and xp. Ive lost interest because I can not LIVE in my game anymore. Previously when you played either Sp or with others you could look forward to a night of living in your game. You want to go out and scavenge and risk everything looking for better weapons? Do it. You want to spend the night finishing up a part of your base, or rearranging some stuff in the base to make it bigger or better, cool. Maybe you want to go down to your mine and continue working on some ore. Relieve some stress, grab that pick and head down and have at it.

Want to farm a bit, plant some seeds, drop some fertilizer and maybe increase the size of it. Ok have to head out and find some seeds to bring home so we can replant. Cook some food so we have a nice storage full of what we need? Sweet I'll go grab some animals and cook up a bunch of stuff.

Now it's all level locked, it's all focused on killing zombies ONLY and a lot of the freedom to just BREATHE and live inside your charactor or your game is GONE. We used to build towns, and we didn't always go and find zeds we used to just chat with each other, or joke around. Or we would help out in the mine. This pictures up there? That is what it represents to me. Heart. Time. Now all we have is a damn RPG First Shooter with ALL of its heart and soul removed.

I SO miss the days that those pictures represent. A scary intense ride with moments of refreshing busy work to help you calm down from the previous days killing. Pacing. A well rounded experience. Not an arcade style Fallout rip off with NO HEART.

People dont have 3000 plus hours in this game from JUST killing zombies.

Archived