Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

I.e. not only you accessing it? And others have issues, you don't? If they don't have permission level 0 they won't be able to see everything as per your permission setup. So all fine.

I was not real clear with that post...no I mean other administrators on other servers are reporting the same problem.

Edited by blotavious (see edit history)

Does GameUtils.GetSaveGameDir () switch context during startup maybe?

Your map files are in /Saves/RWG/CSMM (CSMM is seedname), but persistentdata is in

/Saves/Mevozo Mountains/CSMM -> player and region files are in here too.

Yeah, seems like someone (naming and shaming is forbidden on this forum so I don't have to say "Alloc", yay) is accessing that path too early in the startup process. Your second path would be correct.

I was not real clear with that post...no I mean other administrators on other servers are reporting the same problem.

And they're all set to permission level 0? Cause your post only showed one person set to 0.

Hi Alloc!

I've set all webpermissions to 2000, yet I can not see all the things I could see on 16.4 (Hostiles, Animals, ...). Is it me or is something off :)

Check here:

http://7days.the-craftsmen.com:25003/static/index.html

$ webpermission list:

Defined web function permissions:

Level: Web function

2000: web.map

2000: webapi.GetAnimalsLocation

2000: webapi.GetHostileLocation

2000: webapi.Null

2000: webapi.GetPlayersOnline

2000: webapi.GetPlayersLocation

2000: webapi.GetPlayerInventory

2000: webapi.GetLandClaims

2000: webapi.GetStats

2000: webapi.ExecuteConsoleCommand

2000: webapi.GetLog

2000: webapi.GetWebUIUpdates

2000: webapi.GetServerInfo

2000: webapi.GetPlayerList

2000: webapi.GetAllowedCommands

2000: webapi.GetPlayerInventories

2000: webapi.viewallclaims

2000: webapi.viewallplayers

Version info:

Game version: Alpha 17 (b197) Compatibility Version: Alpha 17

Mod Allocs command extensions: 15

Mod Allocs server fixes: 18

Mod Allocs MapRendering and Webinterface: 27

Thanks!

Yeah, seems like someone (naming and shaming is forbidden on this forum so I don't have to say "Alloc", yay) is accessing that path too early in the startup process. Your second path would be correct.

And they're all set to permission level 0? Cause your post only showed one person set to 0.

On my server I am the only one set to 0. I believe this is the same or related to the issue Gilthanaz reported.

Hi Alloc!

I've deployed your latest build yesterday and everything looked good and worked :) However, after the scheduled nightly server restart at 5.10 am, the /map sub-directory in the Save directory is suddenly empty and the map thus gone. The other Info is there (Player offline location, claim blocks, ...)

Should I debug on our end or do you have a possible reason in mind? :)

KR and thanks for your work!

Edit:

To be exact, the file "mapinfo.json" is still present in the /map sub-directory...

Edited by Gilthanaz (see edit history)

Hi Alloc!

I've deployed your latest build yesterday and everything looked good and worked :) However, after the scheduled nightly server restart at 5.10 am, the /map sub-directory in the Save directory is suddenly empty and the map thus gone. The other Info is there (Player offline location, claim blocks, ...)

Edit:

To be exact, the file "mapinfo.json" is still present in the /map sub-directory...

FYI using version 16_19_29, restarted my server several times, map still working for me

Hi Alloc!

Edit:

Are you looking at the correct directory? I.e. saves/<worldname>/<gamename>, not saves/rwg/<gamename>?

using the "rendermap" command results in an error:

2018-11-22T15:41:49 447.787 INF Error in RenderMap.Run: System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.String,ThreadManager+ThreadInfo].Add (System.String key, .ThreadInfo value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at ThreadManager.startThread (System.String _name, .ThreadFunctionDelegate _threadDelegate, .ThreadFunctionDelegate _threadInit, .ThreadFunctionLoopDelegate _threadLoop, .ThreadFunctionEndDelegate _threadEnd, ThreadPriority _threadPriority, System.Object _parameter, .ExitCallbackThread _exitCallback, Boolean _runInMainThread) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at ThreadManager.StartThread (System.String _name, .ThreadFunctionDelegate _threadInit, .ThreadFunctionLoopDelegate _threadLoop, .ThreadFunctionEndDelegate _threadEnd, ThreadPriority _threadPriority, System.Object _parameter, .ExitCallbackThread _exitCallback, Boolean _runInMainThread) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at RegionFileManager..ctor (System.String _loadDirectory, System.String _saveDirectory, Int32 _maxChunksInCache, Boolean _bSaveOnChunkDrop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at AllocsFixes.MapRendering.MapRendering.RenderFullMap () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at AllocsFixes.CustomCommands.RenderMap.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 _params, CommandSenderInfo _senderInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

login through steam still failed

here the log:

2018-11-23T01:59:10 1092.240 ERR Error validating login:

2018-11-23T01:59:10 1092.241 EXC Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure

TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.

at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.ProcessAlert (AlertLevel alertLevel, AlertDescription alertDesc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.InternalReceiveRecordCallback (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Rethrow as IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed.

at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Rethrow as WebException: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.OpenID.Validate (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest _req) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Web.DoAuthentication (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest _req, AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.WebConnection& _con) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Web:DoAuthentication(HttpListenerRequest, WebConnection&)

AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Web:HandleRequest(IAsyncResult)

System.Net.ListenerAsyncResult:InvokeCallback(Object)

Dear Alloc!

I also have a feature request or two ;) In fact I once already modified these things myself für A16.4 but for **** sake can't remember exactly anymore how I did it:

* Higher maxZoom

* No clustering of Icons on the lowest 3 zoom levels

* Update interval for the icons configurable from 100ms+

Those are the things I had implemented and we were using in A16 in a "Eye in the Sky" playstyle where one guy would only be on voice chat and command a squad of players with the almost real-time information he got from the map :)

Any change we can have those things as variables for easy configuration?

Thanks!

lots of this in output log

2018-12-06T17:00:20 263.259 INF Error in GM_SavePlayerData: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at AllocsFixes.PersistentData.Inventory.CreateInvItem (.ItemValue _itemValue, Int32 _count, Int32 _playerId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.PersistentData.Inventory.ProcessEqu (.Equipment sourceEquipment, Int32 _playerId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.PersistentData.Inventory.Update (.PlayerDataFile pdf) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.PersistentData.Player.Update (.PlayerDataFile _pdf) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.PlayerDataStuff.GM_SavePlayerData (.ClientInfo _cInfo, .PlayerDataFile _playerDataFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Seeing something weird with the webserver since A17, maybe you can shed some light on what's happening.

For high pop servers, I get ESOCKETTIMEDOUT / ETIMEDOUT out errors when doing a request. So far, I've only seen it happen on servers with more than 24 people online. I followed up with the affected server owners to try and track it down to see if the server has any network issues or has maxed out on resources but they report it's all fine. Server runs okay for players.

CSMM also doesn't have any network issues, it only happens for those select servers. I've tried doing a manual request to a server when this happens and see the same errors then.

I can't really test this on a dev server because I can't convince 24+ people to join ;p.

Thanks!

Edited by Catalysm (see edit history)

It appears at least some have a problem with the web map not displaying all the admin options (player location, inventory, logs etc.) I updated to rev 336 but no go. webpermissions.xml and serveradmins.xml set correctly I think:

Level: Web function

2000: web.map

0: webapi.GetAnimalsLocation

0: webapi.GetHostileLocation

0: webapi.Null

0: webapi.GetPlayersOnline

0: webapi.GetPlayersLocation

0: webapi.GetPlayerInventory

0: webapi.GetLandClaims

2000: webapi.getstats

2000: webapi.executeconsolecommand

0: webapi.GetLog

2000: webapi.getwebuiupdates

0: webapi.GetServerInfo

0: webapi.GetPlayerList

2000: webapi.getallowedcommands

0: webapi.GetPlayerInventories

0: webapi.viewallclaims

0: webapi.viewallplayers

Level: SteamID (Player name if online)

0: 765611xxxxxxxxx07

For no known reason the webmap started working properly and all the expected check boxes show up. I made no changes *at all* though the options showed following a scheduled restart. However, the server process was restarted many times prior and it made no difference. Weird.

Sorry I don't have anything more concrete to offer.

I've installed Allocs because it is available to install from my server host. I can get a map to work, but i cannot get the server to work with envuls CBSM. another thread stated that Allocs isnt ready for a17 and thats my issue. but i find it hard to believe because some parts are working and others are not. mostly i can see things happening on the map, but not a vial of the map itself through cBSM. I am hoping somebody here with more experience can shed some light on this. I've never had a problem with allocs or CBSM connections on previous alpha versions.

https://cbsm.envul.com/view-7-days-to-die-map-18480/?fbclid=IwAR1sP88S5hM5WO4uglq8p4cc74LojWl8P5lgG9b9ZD1t_uO_yFQ_urTSCYY

I've installed Allocs because it is available to install from my server host. I can get a map to work, but i cannot get the server to work with envuls CBSM. another thread stated that Allocs isnt ready for a17 and thats my issue. but i find it hard to believe because some parts are working and others are not. mostly i can see things happening on the map, but not a vial of the map itself through cBSM. I am hoping somebody here with more experience can shed some light on this. I've never had a problem with allocs or CBSM connections on previous alpha versions.

https://cbsm.envul.com/view-7-days-to-die-map-18480/?fbclid=IwAR1sP88S5hM5WO4uglq8p4cc74LojWl8P5lgG9b9ZD1t_uO_yFQ_urTSCYY

To be fair even when it supposedly worked back in a15, CBSM was never reliable with the web map.

Just use it directly with IP : Port.