Changing the initial quest

Crater Creator

When you start a new game, quest_BasicSurvival1 is automatically activated. I would like to start with a different quest, and it would be easier to point to a different existing quest rather than change all the properties on quest_BasicSurvival1. So is the game hard coded to start with quest_BasicSurvival1, or is there somewhere (in xml) to set the first quest to a different id?

When you start a new game, quest_BasicSurvival1 is automatically activated. I would like to start with a different quest, and it would be easier to point to a different existing quest rather than change all the properties on quest_BasicSurvival1. So is the game hard coded to start with quest_BasicSurvival1, or is there somewhere (in xml) to set the first quest to a different id?

Your character starts with a mysterious note which is what gives you the starting quest. You can change the starting quest pretty easy just use their stuff as a roadmap for you.

Okay, thanks guys. At least as a first pass, I'm editing quest_BasicSurvival1 to be a do-nothing quest that immediately completes and passes through to the first 'real' quest.

That's pretty much what I did for A17 too. ;)

Though I'm also using it to properly "initialise" the player character because I edited a LOT.

Archived