Remove the speed limit back

n2n1

I meant for player, not transport.

entityclasses.xml line 96

<passive_effect name="WalkSpeed" operation="base_set" value="1.53"/>

<passive_effect name="RunSpeed" operation="base_set" value="1.10"/>

<passive_effect name="CrouchSpeed" operation="base_set" value="1.04"/>

<passive_effect name="WalkSpeed" operation="base_set" value="1.02" tags="swimming"/>

<passive_effect name="RunSpeed" operation="base_set" value="0.85" tags="swimming"/>

<passive_effect name="Mobility" operation="base_set" value="1"/> <!-- Overall movement speed multiplier of 0 to 1 -->

<passive_effect name="Mobility" operation="perc_add" value="-.3" tags="swimming"/>

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Maybe in publicclass PlayerMoveController

Specifically:

[color=#569CD6]else[/color][color=#DCDCDC]
[/color][color=#DCDCDC]{[/color][color=#DCDCDC]
[/color][color=#569CD6]float[/color][color=#DCDCDC]num5[/color][color=#B4B4B4]=[/color][color=#B5CEA8]0.15f[/color][color=#DCDCDC];[/color][color=#DCDCDC]
[/color][color=#569CD6]if[/color][color=#DCDCDC]([/color][color=#569CD6]this[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#248F8F]playerInput[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#AA70FF]Run[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#248F8F]IsPressed[/color][color=#DCDCDC])[/color][color=#DCDCDC]
[/color][color=#DCDCDC]num5[/color][color=#B4B4B4]*=[/color][color=#B5CEA8]3f[/color][color=#DCDCDC];[/color][color=#DCDCDC]
[/color][color=#DCDCDC]}[/color][color=#DCDCDC]
[/color][color=#569CD6]else[/color][color=#DCDCDC]
[/color][color=#DCDCDC]num5[/color][color=#B4B4B4]*=[/color][color=#569CD6]this[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#AA70FF]entityPlayerLocal[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#AA70FF]GodModeSpeedModifier[/color][color=#DCDCDC];[/color][color=#DCDCDC]
[/color][color=#569CD6]if[/color][color=#DCDCDC]([/color][color=#569CD6]this[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#248F8F]playerInput[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#AA70FF]MoveForward[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#248F8F]IsPressed[/color][color=#DCDCDC])[/color][color=#DCDCDC]
[/color][color=#569CD6]this[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#AA70FF]entityPlayerLocal[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#AA70FF]cameraTransform[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#248F8F]position[/color][color=#B4B4B4]+=[/color][color=#569CD6]this[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#AA70FF]entityPlayerLocal[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#AA70FF]cameraTransform[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#248F8F]forward[/color][color=#B4B4B4]*[/color][color=#DCDCDC]num5[/color][color=#DCDCDC];[/color][color=#DCDCDC]
[/color][color=#569CD6]if[/color][color=#DCDCDC]([/color][color=#569CD6]this[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#248F8F]playerInput[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#AA70FF]MoveBack[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#248F8F]IsPressed[/color][color=#DCDCDC])[/color][color=#DCDCDC]
[/color][color=#569CD6]this[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#AA70FF]entityPlayerLocal[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#AA70FF]cameraTransform[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#248F8F]position[/color][color=#B4B4B4]-=[/color][color=#569CD6]this[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#AA70FF]entityPlayerLocal[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#AA70FF]cameraTransform[/color][color=#B4B4B4].[/color][color=#248F8F]forward[/color][color=#B4B4B4]*[/color][color=#DCDCDC]num5[/color][color=#DCDCDC];[/color][color=#DCDCDC]
[/color][color=#DCDCDC]} [/color][/Code]

Look for MotorBackwardsSpeed and MotorSidewaysSpeed in the PlayerWalk and PlayerRun txt files in resources.ASSETS.

MotorAcceleration 0.12
MotorDamping 0.346
MotorBackwardsSpeed 0.8
MotorSidewaysSpeed 0.8
MotorAirSpeed 0.35
MotorSlopeSpeedUp 0.8
MotorSlopeSpeedDown 1.2
MotorFreeFly False
MotorJumpForce 0.13
MotorJumpForceDamping 0.08
MotorJumpForceHold 0.003
MotorJumpForceHoldDamping 0.5
PhysicsForceDamping 0.05
PhysicsPushForce 5
PhysicsGravityModifier 0.2
PhysicsSlopeSlideLimit 60
PhysicsSlopeSlidiness 0.15
PhysicsWallBounce 0
PhysicsWallFriction 0
PhysicsCrouchHeightModifier 0.63
PhysicsHasCollisionTrigger True
[/Code]

Unfortunately, it did not bring any results.

I re-checked the location of the code that xyth offered.

And text files from resources, too.

Thanks anyway!

Let me know if i missed anything.

Did it work? ....Yes I will check it again - i need it!

it seemed to me that there are unsuitable parameters....

I changed:

PlayerRun.txt

parameters:

MotorBackwardsSpeed

MotorSidewaysSpeed

(the others don't seem fit.....)

....But it didn't bring results, maybe i mixed up something with replacement of resources, I will recheck it!

Thanks!

I would have guessed those test files relate to the player movement when walking/running while "wearing" a vehicle.

That's interesting.

7dtd also uses similar mechanics of "wearing" vehicle or something else?

That's interesting.

7dtd also uses similar mechanics of "wearing" vehicle or something else?

As far as I can tell, the game seems to move vehicles like the player is wearing the vehicle an moves them both using the player controller.

Archived