Incredibly hard time finding resource veins in A17

Katitof

Anyone else encountered that problem?

I'm playing on Navezgane until the final stable is there to avoid constant world restarts due to ran gen fixes and I really struggle to find veins.

I have found one(first attempt) iron vein I was looking for, but after that no luck, digging gravel uncovers nothing as while gravel pieces drop resource I am looking for, there are no veins, just dirt and stone with some more random gravel leading to nowhere.

Anything changed I'm not aware of?

Is there new trick to finding resources, since ground gravel patches are completely unreliable and almost never hide veins underneth?

I'd love to hear from people playing on Navezgane mostly, but random gen are also welcome if you countered similar difficulties and found a solution.

Can't speak for Navezgane, only done mining in RWG. I would dig down almost

to bedrock, 3 - 4 blocks above bedrock and make a tunnel, aiming for the gravel

patches shown on the surface.

I found ore about 10 -15 blocks below surface level, and also HUGE veins closer

to bedrock. But i also found "empty" gravel veins close to surface. Either i didn't dig

deep enough, or it just was no ore there.

It might sound rude, but the only solution is.. dig.

I'm playing on Navezgane until the final stable is there to avoid constant world restarts due to ran gen fixes and I really struggle to find veins.

I have found one(first attempt) iron vein I was looking for, but after that no luck, digging gravel uncovers nothing as while gravel pieces drop resource I am looking for, there are no veins, just dirt and stone with some more random gravel leading to nowhere.

Is there new trick to finding resources, since ground gravel patches are completely unreliable and almost never hide veins underneth?

I'd love to hear from people playing on Navezgane mostly, but random gen are also welcome if you countered similar difficulties and found a solution.

I have not tried it myself since I don't really mine but I have seen other people claim the same thing, trouble finding ore veins, while others have said they have had no problem. At the least there must be an intermittent issue at play here.

I have not tried it myself since I don't really mine but I have seen other people claim the same thing, trouble finding ore veins, while others have said they have had no problem. At the least there must be an intermittent issue at play here.

I honestly have no idea what's going on. I have never had problems in A16, but now its literally beating your head against the rock despite me being pretty seasoned prospector.

From what I have seen most are not at bedrock level, but they do exist. What I usually do now is mine down to level 18 then pick a direction and start mining horizontally. At around 18, you are most likely to run into one because you could either end up in the middle of one, just below one, or just above one. As always, you'll know right away because of all the sand. I've seen pictures posted of the ore vein spread and I don't think you will have to go very far at this point to run into one.

I have never followed the gravel technique, because starting day one, I start mining down from the little hut I make. At first, I wasn't finding very much, but I blame that on searching at bedrock level. Since I started doing this a little higher, there hasn't been a time where I haven't found massive veins eventually.

EDIT: See the pic posted below by LuckyStar

mZkh23Y.jpg

hint: go to a resource boulder and dig down just where it is (yes you should mine the boulder so you can go down... usually after you pass the dirt you might find and ore or so and its up to you to follow it to see if there is more or dig down further...

that is not a 100% guarantee that you will strike it rich but is suppose to be a chance to find some easier.

hint: go to a resource boulder and dig down just where it is (yes you should mine the boulder so you can go down... usually after you pass the dirt you might find and ore or so and its up to you to follow it to see if there is more or dig down further...

that is not a 100% guarantee that you will strike it rich but is suppose to be a chance to find some easier.

So following the gravel is a dead end now eh?

Well, alright, I'll try it.

@LuckyStar that's navezgane or random gen?

I'll make it simpler for you. You actually don't need to mine near as much as previous alphas... even previous A17 versions. It's pretty simple really. You'll need to do some basic mining to fill up the forge (at the trader or POI, not one you made) to get some iron going for general purpose. After you get the forged iron for a bike, you can forget you even have to mine at all. Because now all you have to do is do quests for dukes, xp, and scrap just about everything you loot. You can harvest PRE-MADE CONCRETE MIX in most POI's now and if you want more, the trader is more than happy to sell you mass quantities of it.

In my last game, I had a fully upgraded concrete pillbox for horde night (day 7) and I have spent zero time forging stone for cement or making concrete. I bought or harvested it all (and I still have like 2800 in storage). I purchased or looted rebar frames and still have 150+ of them.

I've only needed the workbench for making the mini-bike, motorcycle, and iron armor. I was as shocked as you probably are reading this. How could I not need to craft or gather? All I had to do was do quests and hunt treasure maps. Those gave me tens of thousands of dukes to buy whatever I needed. I'm thirty hours in, almost level 70. I've maybe gathered a thousand of iron or wood each. The rest just comes through natural scraping.

So rejoice! No longer do you need to toil against the stamina bar to break rocks!

Archived