Land Claim Block Woes

martinistripes

Began with 2 players in co-op, we find a great house, start stocking up supplies ready for fortification. 2nd day a 3rd friend joins, we show him to our house and he places his land claim block on the front porch (I had a bad feeling about it - he didn't understand the implications). Later on that day he dies. The 3 of us play one life only. So now he can't rejoin the server but we can't edit or place anything around the house. I chipped away at his LCB for a while, but after 3 or 4 minutes (listening to that sound effect!) I felt the urge to eat my own brains. Also, seemed like it might take a further 15 - 20 minutes of real life time. Time we couldn't afford. So we actually ended up moving house just to get around the LCB thing.

In alpha 16 we used to always scrap the LCB on game start for a nice iron bonus. In alpha 17 we can't scrap them anymore so we carry them around not quite knowing what to do with them. Is there some other way to dispose of them? Preferably without mods. If not, what would be the best settings (multiplayer tab) to make them as weak as possible. Thanks.

Throw them on the ground?

Also, a tip, don't forget the fall, and when they do they destruct. So, destroy the surrounding blocks supporting it and poof. Also, look in your game options... there is one called decay. It will decay when the owner is offline. OR just have him log in and then get rid of it.

Archived