Random damage in Desert Biome

HackTheBox

Well, been playing 7D2D for a while now and have upgraded to A17 and created a server to host my world. Using RGW, landed in the desert this time. Only 4 game hours in and i'm nearly dead from what seems to be invisible cactus? Nothing around but redish sand ground.

One more step an i'm going to be a pile of red goo on the ground...

Any suggestions to correct this, or should i just flush my world and start all over again?

-Hack

might be radiation. ive heard others mention unmarked radiation zones on maps but havent run into one personally

the radiation zones are VERY clear about what's killing you. You get a message and a pulsating red debuff....they also kill you regardless of whether you move or not.

Probably a bug...if you can reproduce and document the steps to cause it to happen again, and are running a new game in A17 stable (rather than continuing a game from an early experimental build), then definitely head over to the bug reports thread and let them know.

Otherwise i guess raise and shake your fist while cursing whatever higher power you may believe in, then continue playing...

20181227132728_1.thumb.jpg.e94b0513a569b1143c90aa42c33add72.jpg

20181227132732_1.thumb.jpg.a45a017108b1df0be83bba61a6a593bc.jpg

<property name="GameWorld" value="RWG"/> <!-- RWG (see WorldGenSeed and WorldGenSize options below) or any already existing$

<property name="WorldGenSeed" value="qwerty"/> <!-- If RWG this is the seed for the generation of the new world. If a world with $

<property name="WorldGenSize" value="8192"/> <!-- If RWG this controls the width and height of the created world. It is also us$

<property name="GameName" value="Happy Camper"/> <!-- Whatever you want the game name to be. This affects the save game name as wel$

<property name="GameDifficulty" value="2"/> <!-- 0 - 5, 0=easiest, 5=hardest -->

<property name="GameMode" value="GameModeSurvival"/>

Moving forward will cause about 3 damage, the same listed for treeCactus01 in the blocks.xml.

1203S 999W Facing 2ticks west of N.

I reserve cusing and shaking my fists at the gods above over my own software bugs, sorry...

New game, new server, new install... Nothing was upgraded.

Odd thing is i can see cactus around, just not there and other places. I'll go over to the bug list and post this item. I was hoping someone else could also reproduce...

Bug Post: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?102465-Random-damage-in-Desert-Biome-(Maybe-Invisible-Cactus-)

Yes, but I said client, not server.

The server does not reach out to display graphics on your monitor.

Agreed, client side is probably the problem.

Could you point me to the specific files that might be the problem? Any specific steps I could do to correct the problem?

Can I wipe the client side and still retain my profile, my custom character? If not how do I backup/restore only my profile and character. Other A17 maps I could do without.

It would be nice to correct this so I can move on to more annoying items like trees made of sand and stone and tree that I can walk right through. Seems like the RWG engine is a bit over zealous on trees. There are trees everywhere, trees in the roads, trees in houses, trees in the sky. I think I even saw a tree right in the middle of a car. At first i was like great, lots of wood, then I noticed the digging sand or stone sound and was like what? A petrified forest with leaves.

Unfortunately, until next week, I'm out of town (yes brought my PC with me) and don't have a good internet connection to allow other to join server. Once I'm back I can open my server and post some coords...

First thing would be to go into the Steam options of the game and do a complete file check.

Something looks busted.

File Verification Passed... I just uninstalled, deleted all the remaining files and reinstalled client side app. Seems like things cleared up. Lots more cactus and less trees. The few trees I tested seemed to be made of wood again.

Not sure, but i think when i read the beta page it didn't say to wipe the install just the backup/remove game data... So not sure what happened.

File Verification Passed... I just uninstalled, deleted all the remaining files and reinstalled client side app. Seems like things cleared up. Lots more cactus and less trees. The few trees I tested seemed to be made of wood again.

Not sure, but i think when i read the beta page it didn't say to wipe the install just the backup/remove game data... So not sure what happened.

Well at least we're aware of the bug now.

Others having the same problem can follow your steps.

Archived