Are supply drops OP'd now?

Rashnudamz

Do you think that supply drops now give a bit too much or that the distance you [usually] have to cover to go and retrieve them balances it out?

Asking because nearly all of my supply drops so far have had a LOT of food [which is better than gold early game] whereas before they would have maybe 2 or 3 useful items at most.

Do you think that supply drops now give a bit too much or that the distance you [usually] have to cover to go and retrieve them balances it out?

Asking because nearly all of my supply drops so far have had a LOT of food [which is better than gold early game] whereas before they would have maybe 2 or 3 useful items at most.

I feel the exact opposite lol, after around day 4-5 I've usually had plenty of meat. I question even going to get them now because I usually just scrap the canned food.

I feel the exact opposite. By the time I get my first air drop on day 4, I'm already set with food and water. I literally scrap all food items into iron. I'd rather have some rare ammo for future use.

canned food is worthless, and guns are so common im usually scrapping them for mechanical parts by the time i get an airdrop. only thing that i get useful is medical supplies, and those don't seem common anymore. i still get the airdrops, but its usually a waste of time and inventory space.

If they contained stronger guns/ammo antibiotics and medical supplies they might be worth it, around day 4-5 I have plenty of food.

Airdrops are really just something I feel like is a free bonus, you can choose to or not to retrieve them since you have no competition for them.

In multiplayer, players fight over them.

Oh yea, these 6 cans of food are the most OP thing I've seen, the rank 600 weapons and weapon parts(which when sold could get you 30 cans off vending machine) and crapload of ammo in A16 is nothing compared to can of sham and peas.

Oh yea, these 6 cans of food are the most OP thing I've seen, the rank 600 weapons and weapon parts(which when sold could get you 30 cans off vending machine) and crapload of ammo in A16 is nothing compared to can of sham and peas.

you're not a very happy person, are you? lol

Yeah I'd much prefer to see Medical Supplies than food.

We can get food anywhere.

Try finding Antibiotics.

Now THAT would be a useful Supply Drop.

I think I might just Mod this.

Cans of Food on Day 4 is stupid.

Cans of food on Day 1 might be nice, however, and if I could Mod that in I would.

yeah i'm with those who think the air drop is mostly pointless. I did get a beaker in the last one, so it's not a complete waste of time to go check them out. I was expecting to get a couple first aid kits seeing as you know, Air drop is important items. but anyways, that didn't happen.

I've only gotten a few airdrops tho. I don't have the notification as to where it landed on, and I've ran only to lose it in the smoke of the fire biome or behind trees and the orange smoke doesn't last very long. So I haven't gotten enough.

But canned food is like a last resort food, especially since it can food poison you.

I was really choked to see that Yucca plants have a higher chance to food poison you. I rolled my eyes when it happened to me. At first I was confused then read the tooltip that said 10% chance for food poisoning, I think? another thing to mod out I guess.

I turn them off in my game because there is so much great loot in pois. I'd like someday to have a RWG mixer so you can turn off traders and thin the % of POIs and just live off the land and air drops. Like a dried up apocalypse. I'd set it all to snow so its a frozen tundra and make survival pretty hard with only a few old houses and shacks here and there so its pretty rare to find a POI.

I turn them off in my game because there is so much great loot in pois. I'd like someday to have a RWG mixer so you can turn off traders and thin the % of POIs and just live off the land and air drops. Like a dried up apocalypse. I'd set it all to snow so its a frozen tundra and make survival pretty hard with only a few old houses and shacks here and there so its pretty rare to find a POI.

Well maybe those drops could have something else in them then.

Something that ONLY comes from Supply Drops.

Put Military Rations in there.

Food = Meat Stew + Buff [like temp stamina boost or whatever]

Drink = Energy Drink + Buff

Something like that.

[Maybe only one of each so you don't unbalance anything but that's still worth it.]

Then people would really be running for them.

And also meds.... put more meds in them..... just sayin'

A GUI RWG mixer with all those options would be awesome. Crafted clothing options are pretty limited so low POI counts would make Snow-only biome really brutal to survive. We'd need something like player crafted deer/bore hide and bear hide clothing that didn't all require a workstation or a ton of unlock points.

I would love a tiny island world - thus the drops would be vital, as the zombies would continually be coming from the sea!

I always loved this type of map in Minecraft, just a small island where just surviving was a task in itself. Adter establishing a food chain, building up the entire island became the next fun goal.

Archived