A17 need "builder mode" options

Royal Deluxe

I really like to build big, but there are currently 4 Gamesettings that destroy this gamepart completly

1: Digging Zombies

Need a on/off toggle

2: Sand and Gravel with glue value 4 cause Deathtraps if you dig kilometer long tunnels

3: The Screamer hordes are really nice in a survival game, but a pain in the ass if you want to build large and need 5+ Forges

(still testing maybe bedrock forges do the trick. If not please more ammo or a Gamestage multiplacator we can set without tuching the difficulty settings)

4: Nailguns need to work faster, its very painfull now.

(and besides that please raise the chance of coffee in Vending machines by 1000% (no exageration))

1. Just deal with it, no single place in game is supposed to be safe.

2. You can do what was done IRL and build wider tunnel with supports, it prevents cave-ins for the most part, but proximity ones is just another hazard of being underground, it was in A16 as well.

3. Build your forges in remote place and visit it only to refuel/restock/pick resources, that's how people did it in A16.

4. All building tools take longer now, just need to get used to or start with higher tier of materials from get go.

(I'm sitting on the field of coffee at day 14, its very easy to make with living of the land perk)

I agree with the nailgun. I almost dont want to build a base, cause of how slow all construction tools are.

Also, why did they swap the wrench and the claw hammer around? Makes more sense for a claw hammer to be better than a wrench, because wrenches have other sues besides upgrading blocks, while as the claw hammer really has no other use.

I really like to build big, but there are currently 4 Gamesettings that destroy this gamepart completly

Need a on/off toggle

2: Sand and Gravel with glue value 4 cause Deathtraps if you dig kilometer long tunnels

3: The Screamer hordes are really nice in a survival game, but a pain in the ass if you want to build large and need 5+ Forges

(still testing maybe bedrock forges do the trick. If not please more ammo or a Gamestage multiplacator we can set without tuching the difficulty settings)

(and besides that please raise the chance of coffee in Vending machines by 1000% (no exageration))

My guess is that vanilla will never be like this. You have to mod these things as you see fit. Check the mod forums for many of these changes.

Need a on/off toggle

1 and 3, turn off zombiespawn. mining in bedrock level is still safe, have not seen any z digging to me yet. also your forges can be on bedrock, away from mine entrance.

2 and 4, i only see xml changing option. should not too hard, i know, you already did with glue.

4. All building tools take longer now, just need to get used to or start with higher tier of materials from get go.

There is no better level of upgrade tool than the nailgun and it is still painfully slow. That does need fixing. I can understand even all the lower level being slowed down but for the top level to suck as bad as it does is just pain for no reason.

just a guess, but they may have slowed down the tools to make repairs during horde nights more intense.

Like all otehr points above too.

All for one aim "Make it harder"

For me its not really harder than A16

But tedious in the bginning and boring in the endgame

Hell not even one week in the endgame and without a mega build project i allready consider to stop playing

Archived