help me understand A17 candles/torches

gcomerfo

Someone fill me on the heat created by candles versus torches...

it always seems that candles draw more heat when I am stealthed, than they should...

But I thought the whole point of candles was to make dimmer, subtle light to not draw attention and not blow out your eyeballs with nuclear bright light.

And, also, why don't candles give light when you hold them anymore?? They used to be so nice looking as you walked in dark - now it has no light in hand so that you can't even see where you are placing it in a dark room!

Someone fill me on the heat created by candles versus torches...

it always seems that candles draw more heat when I am stealthed, than they should...

But I thought the whole point of candles was to make dimmer, subtle light to not draw attention and not blow out your eyeballs with nuclear bright light.

And, also, why don't candles give light when you hold them anymore?? They used to be so nice looking as you walked in dark - now it has no light in hand so that you can't even see where you are placing it in a dark room!

holding torch makes you visible to z's, not generating much heat. capp0 made video about that, looks like torches has small heat value. i do not know about candles, i never use them.

edit: you beat me, Gronk

Has anyone reviewed the xml's? I know their complex in that the item xml doesn't contain all the info as some 'heat' info can be also contained within the sound xml. But then again it can be hard coded. I seem to think that one version of the candle apparently doesn't generate heat; make a candle and make a 'table candle'?

...and make a 'table candle'?

Oh, yeah and what the heck exactly is a "table candle" and why do we need it?? does it give no heat/light??

- - - Updated - - -

Right, but it seems like candles draw same level of attention as torches, or no??

Usually, though, I'm not even holding it, but just standing next to it on a wall or candle sealed indoors... and stealth meter goes to like 30-40??

Candles give less heat to the Heatmap than torches:

"candleWallLightPlayer"

<property name="HeatMapStrength" value="1"/>

"wallTorchLightPlayer"

<property name="HeatMapStrength" value="4.05"/>

Table candle would give the same heat as a wall candle, if you manage to place a candle on a table.

Archived