Sunken Highway System Prefab WIP

FastBurst

So I couldn't take it anymore and had to do this. Being this is a WIP and the first that I am posting of a Sunken Highway System with multiple sections for easy inserting into a world.

Also each section has a sewer/work shaft tunnels that connect with some surprises

7 Sections in total (All vanilla files, no custom blocks.)

* Corner piece for highway turns section lot size 27x27

* Short highway section lot size 27x27

* Long Highway section lot size 81x27

* Overpass Highway section lot size 27x27

* On/Off Ramp Highway section lot size 27x27

* On/Off Ramp Highway with Single entrance/exit section lot size 54x27

* On/Off Ramp Highway with Both sides entrance/exit section lot size 81x27

Download and install to your prefabs folder

Sunken Highway System Prefab <-- Download is here

Sunken Highway System Prefab Mirror Download

You will need to manually place these using the World Editor

Here are some screenshots below includes screens of the underground side connections to run around and lot in or just from zombies. Or is it even safe under there... hmmm:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.03444fa2a523b88ef2265bbdfc5bb67d.jpg

Here is the ingame footage in Nevsgene

4 Sections puzzled together perfectly.

21.jpg

Inserted these locations in the nevsgene prefab.xml at the very end on a new game

<decoration type="model" name="sunken_highway_long" position="-1552, 52, -258" rotation="2" />
<decoration type="model" name="sunken_highway_corner" position="-1552, 52, -285" rotation="2" />
<decoration type="model" name="sunken_highway_overpass" position="-1526, 52, -285" rotation="1" />
<decoration type="model" name="sunken_highway_op_connected" position="-1499, 52, -285" rotation="1" />

Teleported to -1552, -258 to verify

Looks mad as well done looks brilliant.

Thanks stalionsden, I didn't add any sleeper volume's to it yet, spoke with Pille's and his newest update to his program has a bug on the sleepers and he is planning on getting that fixed.

I would have loved to released it with a Sleepers option

Thanks stalionsden, I didn't add any sleeper volume's to it yet, spoke with Pille's and his newest update to his program has a bug on the sleepers and he is planning on getting that fixed.

I would have loved to released it with a Sleepers option

Use the in game prefab editor to add and activate as altho you will have to add zs manually least you will have zs

Use the in game prefab editor to add and activate as altho you will have to add zs manually least you will have zs

I did that already just wasn't sure if they would actually spawn in or not. I placed them just in-case, so just wasn't sure if that actually worked or if they were just props. Good to know that works.

That's a really nice collection / prefab system.

Should be fixed now.

Any chance of doing maybe a t section highway.

Maybe a cross road highway to at all or

I plan on expanding it more to include just that as well as a ground level highway just trying to think of how to do it due to the blocks being limited, the trick is the elevation parts and making some kind of curve or something only using the "vanilla" blocks so others can use it as well.

Making a sunken T section or Split would be a little easier. I may do that one first.

How are you guys inserting the prefabs these days. Back in the day we had the accembly dll we could download and had access to the terrain tools and insert/rotate the prefabs in real time while in game. I've watched the videos on the ungame prefab editor and can use it just fine but I want to be able to go in the game and bring in my prefab, rotate it, raise it lower it and those options don't seem to work for me when I hit k inside the normal game. All I can seem to do is load in a prefab but I can't hit x to rotate or even grab it and move it around. I liked doing it that way. Am I missing something here?

Edit: I think I figured it out or some of it. I have never hit the world editor button. Hopefully I can do all I used to in here.

How are you guys inserting the prefabs these days. Back in the day we had the accembly dll we could download and had access to the terrain tools and insert/rotate the prefabs in real time while in game. I've watched the videos on the ungame prefab editor and can use it just fine but I want to be able to go in the game and bring in my prefab, rotate it, raise it lower it and those options don't seem to work for me when I hit k inside the normal game. All I can seem to do is load in a prefab but I can't hit x to rotate or even grab it and move it around. I liked doing it that way. Am I missing something here?

Edit: I think I figured it out or some of it. I have never hit the world editor button. Hopefully I can do all I used to in here.

Dm.

Z button then place blue box where you want prefab then z again then k then prefab spawn select prefab and wallah

Dm.

Z button then place blue box where you want prefab then z again then k then prefab spawn select prefab and wallah

Thanks I got that part now. Do we still have access to the terrain brush that you could make larger ir smaller.? Was great way to make fast mountains or canyons before.

Thanks I got that part now. Do we still have access to the terrain brush that you could make larger ir smaller.? Was great way to make fast mountains or canyons before.

No idea i haven't seen those tools myself. Only really just spawned prefabs didn't look at the other options pressing k had lol

Terrain Brush? I have never even seen that, where was that at before? or how would you even access that?

One of the modders had unlocked the in-game tools lol in a16 but yeh haven't noticed it in a17 the tools the modder unlocked haven't really looked tho I must say

If I knew what it was called I could probably unlock it lol just like the POI lighting thing I did, its all code. I just don't know the calling. Anyone have a link to that A16 one I can use that as a reference.

Archived