Things you'd like to see in A17.1?

Scyris

We want to make as many people happy as possible. I've been reading non stop, but I don't make all the decisions. We are making some adjustments that should address a lot of issues. There is no majority, its clearly 50/50. Once balanced it can be 70/30 for sure with no harsh changes to any systems, just balance...

All of this is good news.

Regarding the economy, what is the vision for how the economy should/will work? What do you want the players collecting and selling for dukes? For example in A17 stable currently, it's unclear to me what I should be looking out for to sell to the traders. Guns and tools are not worth much and everything else I'd expect (based on past versions) to be valuable aren't.

Nothing wrong with this, but just confusing currently as to what I should be doing to make money in A17 and what the plan is long term. Do traders now (or will) favor resources the way they favored guns in the past? Or maybe player crafted items?

We want to make as many people happy as possible. I've been reading non stop, but I don't make all the decisions. We are making some adjustments that should address a lot of issues. There is no majority, its clearly 50/50. Once balanced it can be 70/30 for sure with no harsh changes to any systems, just balance.

A portion of the other 30% can be won over with some new options. We genuinely feel that some mechanics are poorly understood like stamina so we're going to make some improvements.

You can, for the record run faster and further in A17 than A16. (Unless something changed I'm not aware of). There are cardio perks you can buy that allow you to run for ages without running out of stamina. With 3 ranks of sexual trex you can mine nearly endlessly with 1 handed items, and with 4 you can mine endlessly with 2 handed tools.

You can also over eat, we are fixing the hud to show you can eat to 150%. Then you have about half an hour of stuff you can do before stamina is compromised at all. We're fixing it so you can over drink too. So with a 150% gas tank you'll have a lot of time to do things before stamina bar starts to be damaged.

I think everyone ignores agility too, a 200 stamina bar would solve a lot of stamina woes too but I think most players buy INT and STR because they seem to be the best perks.

We're buffing coffee and noob players will start with 150 food so they have more time to find stuff before taking stamina damage.

Anyhow Alpha 17 is stable, (no crashes) but far from putting our happy stamp of approval on. We are listening and reading and playing a lot ourselves too, so more balance changes and performance improvements are coming.

I've already buffed trader xp x5 and duke rewards x3. So the quests will level up most players when you turn it in. I've made lumberjacks a viable trade now, so you can make a decent living chopping wood. I'll balance metal and stuff too, so you can sell ores for money. I've increased the player sell rate so you make more money from selling items. The economy still needs a ton of work, but its getting better.

Everything you just described is exactly what I don't like. It's not fun to level my character's strength, agility, stamina, etc. I hated it when it was added to A16, and it's just gotten much much worse now. Reload A16.4 and jump around, strafe, backpedal, and sprint. Then do that in A17. You most certainly CAN NOT do any of what you said. I feel like my character is moving in jello or wearing 25 lb shoes.

Locking away the character's ability to just navigate their environment is not a welcome addition to the game. I physically can't tolerate playing the game long enough to unlock all of this crap, just so I can move around.

He did that for A16 because changing his forum avatar was more fun than A16. Now all he does is play A17 nonstop.

Ok thought it was a "thing". Maybe even go so far as say it was a tradition. Before you say it only happened once...even traditions started off as onefer :D

I ll just say: LOCKPICKS! please :)

It doesnt have to look nice with UI interface just give us something ( look at war of the walkers mod solution - find the recipe to learn it ( maybe book for perk unlock ) and craft them out of iron. This pickaxe banging really ruins the sneaking ninja playstyle :)

Also do something with magazines.. they are useless more or less atm. Either make them they add a skill point or remove the requirements for

pre-requisits. So if I find a magazine for forge on day one once I read it at least I should be able to build it ( RNG luck that makes game fun ).

1)

You can also over eat, we are fixing the hud to show you can eat to 150%. Then you have about half an hour of stuff you can do before stamina is compromised at all. We're fixing it so you can over drink too. So with a 150% gas tank you'll have a lot of time to do things before stamina bar starts to be damaged.

2)

I think everyone ignores agility too, a 200 stamina bar would solve a lot of stamina woes too but I think most players buy INT and STR because they seem to be the best perks.

1) Why even have it like that? Why not just do it normal and have stamina start to decrease when your character is around 50-60% for hunger? Makes more sense, at least to me.

2) I know I ignore Agility because who cares about stamina if I can't carry anything, build a forge, ect. I'd rather wait for the vehicle unlock...

The ability to make an XUi element visible based on if a player has or does not have a buff.

<window name="MyCoolWindow" visible=hasbuff("MyCoolBuff")>

Then we can leverage variables, and all the cool buff functions to decide if a window is or is not displayed.

Like as many have requested a Blood Moon reminder.

How about if infection gave such a reminder. Oh, now would you want level 1 infection just to be reminded?

How about a perk for such a reminder?

How about hiding the compass till you find a compass item?

The Buff/Perk system is so powerful it would be nice to leverage some of that for greater UI control and interactivity.

We want to make as many people happy as possible. I've been reading non stop, but I don't make all the decisions. We are making some adjustments that should address a lot of issues. There is no majority, its clearly 50/50. Once balanced it can be 70/30 for sure with no harsh changes to any systems, just balance.

A portion of the other 30% can be won over with some new options. We genuinely feel that some mechanics are poorly understood like stamina so we're going to make some improvements.

You can, for the record run faster and further in A17 than A16. (Unless something changed I'm not aware of). There are cardio perks you can buy that allow you to run for ages without running out of stamina. With 3 ranks of sexual trex you can mine nearly endlessly with 1 handed items, and with 4 you can mine endlessly with 2 handed tools.

We're buffing coffee and noob players will start with 150 food so they have more time to find stuff before taking stamina damage.

Anyhow Alpha 17 is stable, (no crashes) but far from putting our happy stamp of approval on. We are listening and reading and playing a lot ourselves too, so more balance changes and performance improvements are coming.

I've already buffed trader xp x5 and duke rewards x3. So the quests will level up most players when you turn it in. I've made lumberjacks a viable trade now, so you can make a decent living chopping wood. I'll balance metal and stuff too, so you can sell ores for money. I've increased the player sell rate so you make more money from selling items. The economy still needs a ton of work, but its getting better.

I ignore agility as well because there just aren't really perks in there to make it worth bothering with, especally with all the must have perks in str/int that are more important, add stamina regen or movement speed bonus to agility stat levels and I bet more people will go into it, I mean I would if it upped movement speed by a few percent per point, maybe 20-30% at 10 agi. As you said, you can go high into str get sex t-rex 3/4 and then your base 100 stam is more than enough for most things.

- - - Updated - - -

All of this is good news.

Regarding the economy, what is the vision for how the economy should/will work? What do you want the players collecting and selling for dukes? For example in A17 stable currently, it's unclear to me what I should be looking out for to sell to the traders. Guns and tools are not worth much and everything else I'd expect (based on past versions) to be valuable aren't.

Nothing wrong with this, but just confusing currently as to what I should be doing to make money in A17 and what the plan is long term. Do traders now (or will) favor resources the way they favored guns in the past? Or maybe player crafted items?

Car batteries that are tier 5/6 sell for a pretty penny, you can stack mechanical parts, electric parts and plastic to like 500, and they are very common, bascally wrench with some perks in the salvage operations skill=mad money. Now if only I felt the need to bother with perception at all, its like agility, I see no real need to bother with it.

For example in A17 stable currently, it's unclear to me what I should be looking out for to sell to the traders. Guns and tools are not worth much and everything else I'd expect (based on past versions) to be valuable aren't.

In general terms, what you can craft and mine is the best items for selling. And the better the quality,

the better the price. Also helps to improve barter and use a cigar, if you can find one.

Iron reinforced clubs and leather armor is possibly what i made the most from. Gas drums too.

Late game, steel tools sells for a decent amount Maybe iron armor although i've not checked those yet.

Stacks of lead and small stones can fetch an ok price with maxed barter.

The auger and chainsaw prices are broken, but they are the best items to make and sell by far.

On the topic however, i would like to also see:

More paint textures unlocked, at least for containers. Like one for stones / dirt (roadworker sign like)

and another for building / construction materials (building crane?).

I've said it before and I'll say it again... and btw the recent reviews are screaming it... keep the perks, make them a little less effective and make up the difference with a little learn by doing. Go a step further and add a tiny hair of benefit to item quality tiers and everyone will be happy. No single system will be overpowered against the others and if someone wants to punch and repair walls all night, let them because it won't matter too much anyway.

Yes, having skills grouped into relevant attributes that you can level, with perks being actual perks on top of the regular skill progression would be a much better system. Heck that's what most of us thought they were doing when they first teased the perks.

A large bulk of the complaints seem to be from the sandbox crowd who want 100% freedom to do what they want. I say the game needs at least 2 modes ).

1) Action RPG-lite with survival aspects (developers vision)

2) Survival RPG Sandbox Mode (aka what was advertised/the trailer says)

3) Battle Royale /Horde Mode (faster paced gaming sessions)

Fixed that for you.

a warning sighn on the RandomGen -.- just started A17 for first time , choosed biggest size (because why not) and now waiting since 40min that things happen..... reading in forum while waiting, seems its "normal" to take time on first start.

So, yeah, a warning and aprox time frame would be nice.

Ahaha, I wish I had seen this before I posted my 'how I like it now' response. All of these changes look pretty sweet!

I love the pre-opened cupboards in the game, now, however the problem is if I want to put something into an open cupboard, I can't. Feels a bit odd when I've got a cupboard staring me in the face and I can't do anything with it.

Can it be made that if I put something in there, the graphic changes to show a closed cupboard?

Yeah but that's a rather simple approach, I'm more into a clothing/backpack system like in dayz or how it was in h1z1

They are effectively the same thing. However.....I do like the visual aspect of seeing a larger backpack. I hope the pimps do something with that in the future as well.

Since the game is played mostly in first person, this really would only impact multiplayer games because it would be others seeing the backpack instead of the player themselves.

Why do people actually get pack mule? I have yet to waste points in it. Just make a chest outside a house and come back for it later when you have a minibike and only bring back absolutely necessary items if you are on foot. Hell half the crap you loot can't be used till later levels anyways.

in games like this people like looting and hoarding anything and everything, but having to make multiple trips/leave items behind for later is just not that fun for these types of people

(not saying everyone feels this way, just that those that enjoy being a pack rat may feel hindered by a small inventory)

Archived