sleepers are broke

Vomkat

Placed sleeping bag on small roof top, never left roof top, turned around and sleeper sleeping on my sleeping bag. Come on now...

When I killed him the lower half of his body then fell through the concrete, while the upper half remained upright.

Jesus, I wrote this and then turned around and yet another sleeper behind me.

Placed sleeping bag on small roof top, never left roof top, turned around and sleeper sleeping on my sleeping bag. Come on now...

When I killed him the lower half of his body then fell through the concrete, while the upper half remained upright.

Why didn't you add screenshots?

You have to completely clear the POI of all sleepers. The sleeping bag does not prevent initial spawns from happening. It only stops respawns.

What you describe sounds like there was still a sleeper count in the sleeper volume when you placed your bag.

That being said what happened shouldn’t happen anyway and hopefully they’ll be able to somehow stop the random shuffling of spawn positions when there are still more that weren’t killed.

Agreed but they also aren’t going to allow people to place a sleeping bag to suppress original POI spawns before a player clears it completely.

Going directly to the roof and throwing down a bag and then not expecting anything to spawn is unrealistic. If more than one rectangular sleeper volume exists across the surface of a large roof then by crossing out of one and entering another, the unkilled zombies in the previous one will get shuffled and placed.

It’s got to be a tough development problem to solve.

Sleepers are broke?

Do you mean they have no money?

Maybe they were homeless people before the virus.

That could explain it.

I don't know man. I had one drop a bag yesterday that had 305 dollars in it. Got over 800 dukes when I sold it. They aren't all poor.

So how is that different than walking in the front door and placing a bag then expecting the POI to not spawn? Seems to me to not be broken at all. Frankly if it didn't happen then it would be broken much worse.

If I clear a room that room should be cleared, no matter if I clear other rooms or not.

Agree. Unless if I go very far. Like far away that I cant see the building anymore.

Zombies need to spawn, ofc, this is a game after all. But it should at least look that they wandered in there. Not like they magically appear (even tho it's what really happens).

Never should zombies spawn so close to the player to make it look like they didnt wander there from another place.

The usage of sleeping bag is because tfp never fixed sleepers. If I clear a room that room should be cleared, no matter if I clear other rooms or not.

If tfp fixes that players won't use sleeping bags. And the discussion of where and when to place a sleeping bag won't be an issue.

The room itself is not what matters. The "sleeper volume" is what matters. Making that volume the exact same size and shape as every room is practically impossible as a lot of the rooms are irregular shapes.

Archived