How to migrate a dedi?

littlegreen

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to migrate a dedicated server from a linux to another linux host.

On my iMac, I have VMWare Fusion running Ubuntu 18.04, which hosts my server.

I want to move this to a native linux install - and I do have a Linux Mint-based machine.

On my Virtual Ubuntu, I have the server installed as a super user to /usr/games/7dtds/

I've copied the folder (which is currently 6.8GB) to the same directory of the other machine.

Installed Steamcmd and have done:

login anonymous
force_install_dir /usr/games/7dtds/

#and executed the 

./startserver.sh -dedicated -configfile=serverconfig.xml

#command as superuser. 

The server starts, however, a new world appears to be generated and characters start fresh.

Can anyone tell me if I need to migrate some other files in order to keep the progress, or is it something else entirely that I need to do?

Thanks,

littlegreen

Hi again,

I've made some progress - though it's not really a progress, as long as it's not the save-game copied, I suppose.

I found files in /home/<username>/.local/share/7DaysToDie/

It looks like this folder contains the savegame. This is very odd, since I remember installing as a superuser - but nevermind.

Since the username is actually the same - I simply migrated this folder over to the native linux. However, regardless of whether I start the server as superuser or a normal user, the savegame is not migrated.

Any ideas will be very much welcome.

Thanks,

littlegreen

Archived