Supply Drop missing & Bears instead of Zombies?

chacachaca13

Hello again gang. So I have a couple of questions that I guess may be concerns and eventual easy fixes?

1. I left a supply drop for a few game days and when I ran by it the other day, it appeared on my screen again. So I had the room and decided to grab it. Well I spun around like a top, but couldn't find it. Not in the trees so I said, 'this used to happen on console a lot, but SURELY TFP's fixed this. Especially since that is what A15 and there is no longer orange smoke for me to dig after. Well, I dug and dug to no avail. So EFFFF it. I turned off supply drops because I remember how irritating this glitch is. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?

2. I am not sure if I have to do anything to be on stable or not, but I went to do a 'Clear a House' quest and it was full of regular bears. Like 12 to be exact. Thanks be to God that I brought my rifle and bow with steel arrows because no way in hell I could have done it otherwise. But now across from the Cabinet shop in Navezgane all the stores are packed full of normal and zombie bears. I'm assuming the meat is helpful and XP is high but they may be a bit more dangerous than zombies? Do I need to start a new game? Please say no because getting this far was exhausting enough.

Thanks in advance for your responses and Merry Merry.

Sounds like you're using an old save, during experimental unstable it's needed to wipe out old saves and do file integrity checks between builds.

Hey Jugginator. Thanks for the quick response. So allow me to preface my response by saying that if oil and water was a good analogy for how myself and computers are, then it isn't good enough. Hahahaa. I am computer stupid. I know that my game says B240. Does that help? I have heard people talk about what you mention but man, this is my first go at PC gaming since the days of Delta Force in the early 90's. LOL

If you can duplicate this, perhaps report it as a bug.

I'd really hate to think we've got buggy AirDrops.

In A17 they are very, very welcome for many players.

Hi ya, Lucky. Duplicate the supply drop by looking for another one that is doing the same thing or this exact one by going to the spot and jotting down the location, etc? Like I explained to Jugginator, PC's and myself love to hate one another. Meat and potatoes for the most part from me. I'll listen to her (my pc) needs but it may go in one ear and out the other. :)

Hi ya, Lucky. Duplicate the supply drop by looking for another one that is doing the same thing or this exact one by going to the spot and jotting down the location, etc? Like I explained to Jugginator, PC's and myself love to hate one another. Meat and potatoes for the most part from me. I'll listen to her (my pc) needs but it may go in one ear and out the other. :)

What I'm saying is, if it happens again then post it.

If there's something going on with, say, your video card, it may be a rendering issue.

You never know.

Hey Jugginator. Thanks for the quick response. So allow me to preface my response by saying that if oil and water was a good analogy for how myself and computers are, then it isn't good enough. Hahahaa. I am computer stupid. I know that my game says B240. Does that help? I have heard people talk about what you mention but man, this is my first go at PC gaming since the days of Delta Force in the early 90's. LOL

Rofl! No worries!

Well, a lot of mixed code and game files can happen in-between these builds. Therefor, say if you started a game in the version before B240 and loaded it with the updated B240 version, weird things can happen such as 900 bears spwaning in a house insted of zombies (and possibly the air drop bug).

So, it's a good idea to start a new world each update (during this experimental phase! Usually, unless stated in patch notes, normal updates wont force you to do so).

If you HAVE started a new world in 240, then I hate to say but you may need to do so again. There is a cleaning tool on the launcher that comes up when you right click 7 Days from steam and click "Show Launcher". In tools, itll have a game cleaning option which loads up a tool where you can click various things to clean up. It's a good idea to just clean all of it out (if you REALLY want old saves, copy and paste them somewhere like the desktop; access it by clicking "Open Saved Game Folder[or similar to what is says])

IF you want, you can find these here

C:\Users\Jugginator\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves

(Replace Jugginator with your Windows username)

I also fixed a few bugs by going here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds

and deleting all of the folder in there.

After doing all of this, right click 7 Days from Steam and go to PRoperties > click Verify integrity of Game Files

That SHOULD clear it up. You can avoid deleting Profile, I don't think it causes any issues.

Hope it helps!

Oh, logs are found here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data

They will be text files with Output_Log_{some date}

Can go to http://www.pastebin.com and copy and paste it there generating a link. Tip: Ctrl+A selects all the text, Ctrl+C to copy, Ctrl+V to paste

Open the game launcher, click on the Tools tab, click on "Clean Game Data".

In the window that appears, select everything. Click "Clean".

Once that's done, go to your Game Folder.

Right-click the game title from the left Navigation bar in Steam Library. Choose Properties.

Click on the Local Files tab. Click on "Browse Local Files"

In the File Explorer Window that opens, open the "Data" folder. Then open the "Worlds" folder.

Delete all folders that are not the following folders... "Empty" "Navezgane" "Playtesting"

So if you have a folder there named similar to "Mavisa Mountains", delete it.

Note: There are several names this could be. Just make sure to keep the three folders I listed, and you'll be fine. If you manage to delete the wrong thing, just verify your client files when you're done.

Now your saves are cleaned.

Right-click the game title from the left Navigation bar in Steam Library. Choose Properties.

In the File Explorer Window that opens, open the "Data" folder. Then open the "Worlds" folder.

Delete all folders that are not the following folders... "Empty" "Navezgane" "Playtesting"

Note: There are several names this could be. Just make sure to keep the three folders I listed, and you'll be fine. If you manage to delete the wrong thing, just verify your client files when you're done.

Yeah, I had t odelete the Empty/Navezgane/Playtesting and then reacquire them through verification due to them being broken somewhere along the line.

Good evening, sylen. Thanks a lot for that thorough step by step process. May I ask you one last question before I do that? Can I just start a new game/character instead of cleaning my folders and losing that current character or do I have to clean it in order for everything to work properly?

Merry Christmas

Archived