If you hate wasteland & burnt forest, but like skyscrapers, you might enjoy this

eXSe

I kinda managed to get the skyscrapers back into the game with some prefab tinkering (and took out the wasteland and that pesky burnt forest with some rwgmixer editing)... not perfect though, skyscrapers and other missing buildings might be overspawning now. I did not test it much, just took a quick look to see if it worked for what I was trying to do.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JeF67oWSuFQilI1kah69bNhHJqxTDakR?usp=sharing

I advise you to make backups of the originals in case it doesn't work for you, or you don't like it (I usually copy the entire game folder to some other place and then mod that and run it from there).

I'm sorry guys, I haven't been clear about this. As I figured it out (but I haven't tried it yet), rwgmixer will just make your map clear of wasteland and burnt forest and those prefabs xmls are the ones that make skyscrapers and other things spawn in... not related to rwgmixer.

Files in the original link updated

Did a bit of play-testing today and biomes are still wonky in their placement, but I managed to almost eradicate wasteland and the burnt forest. They do appear on the map, but mostly in cities, as far as I have seen, and then only in small patches around some POIs.

Skyscrapers are there, in decent quantity (did not venture into them yet to check for FPS drop... if any), but those construction site "skyscrapers" seem to prevail in spawning compared to others, so I've tried to cull them a little.

There are even Shamway & Shotgun Messiah factories spawning (Shamway being the prevalent one for some reason, 4-1 I think), so I've tried to balance that too.

Added, or I should say, trying to add more of the new houses to the map, so there are new prefab files in the original link (along with the updaed ones... so, I would download all again jus to be sure).

Oh, also, I'm tinkering with the traders, trying to figure them out, so I've singled out one of them and am trying to make him spawn just in urban areas. If you want to give it a go, his prefab is in the link also.

As always, keep the originals in case I've messed something up :)

I can relate to what your doing and it's pretty cool you figured it out.

I would miss the burnt areas though. Those are the very best places I've found to get pots, scrap iron, wrenches, water, feathers, a pistol and ammo in the early game. I always hit those areas when I see them.

Those corner houses from the wasteland are super great starter loot POIs. I’d recommend modding them into your biomes if you take those other biomes out.

I can relate to what your doing and it's pretty cool you figured it out.

I would miss the burnt areas though. Those are the very best places I've found to get pots, scrap iron, wrenches, water, feathers, a pistol and ammo in the early game. I always hit those areas when I see them.

You can decide not to download rwgmixer and have wasteland and burnt forest on your map, skyscrapers are not related to that. POIs are just tied to the prefabs I uploaded.

- - - Updated - - -

Those corner houses from the wasteland are super great starter loot POIs. I’d recommend modding them into your biomes if you take those other biomes out.

I would imagine that they would keep spawning in if you do not replace rwgmixer. Or, I can give it a try and see if they are related to biome and change it, thx.

Archived