Rpoblems with Alpha 17

JoelleEmmily

Holly happy sappy crap, does everyone on the forums have asperger's or something? WTH is with the constant bickering of what "right on top of us" means. When you're watching a car chase moving and the guy screams, "he's right on top of us!" do you suddenly think the chase vehicle has transformed into an airplane and landed on their roof? Try for a little nuance and interpretation instead of literalism and reactionism... Unless you want to come across like a child whose been beaten by a prescriptivist english teacher... in which case, you have my sympathies, and I hope one day words will no longer scar you.

Have a sense of sarcasm, you do not.

listen here wise guy :p

^This guy gets it ;)

What in the world does your comment have to do with my post that you quoted? Nothing I was talking about there was even about my game. It was in response to OnlyMeiya. I think you got really confused and responded very oddly....

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen a lot of streamers claim it yes but I've also seen the zombies that they missed seeing because they were involved in playing.... and I've never seen it after a house was well and truly cleared.

ok since you say this is not true zombies not spawn on top of you and not spawn out of thin air.

Explain me the following. I have a nice Base a POI placed a keystone and made a wall around it, the wall is protectet 100% from keystone area now bloodmoon time i go up on my wall and i see 0 zombies outside

i look back and they spawn INSIDE the house also inside the keystone protectet area. How can this happen if its not a Game Bug or bad Dev decisions?

Yesterday i was inside a poi and it was not that big a smaller house and there was no zombie inside anymore 100% sure i turn around and start to dismantle the fridge and hej what you think happend? I give you a little hint i was attacked by a zombie standing behind me but since behind me as only a wall some kitchen furniture and nothing else this zombie could not get there without i see him.

so yep only explanation he spawned at this place.

One of the most common things I personally have experienced is. While clearing a POI zombies spawn behind me in rooms I have already cleared.

In these cases I haven't "cleared" the whole POI that's true but you can't deny the bad and immersion breaking mechanics that spawns zombies in an already cleared area.

I haven't seen it in a17 stable yet thought.

No, not at all, thank you very much for recognizing that. I am literally a literalist, literalizing every word I literally type. I don't have a scrap of sarcasm about me, not by tooth or nail or by deed done.

You're literally welcome!

I'm sure it's just a bug that needs to get worked out. I do rarely see respawns if I have cleared out the POI, and the times it has happened it's because theres one lurking in some closet or something. Work in progress, this isn't gold release it's still alpha.

I'm sure it's just a bug that needs to get worked out. I do rarely see respawns if I have cleared out the POI, and the times it has happened it's because theres one lurking in some closet or something. Work in progress, this isn't gold release it's still alpha.

Prior to B240, I noticed that if I hadn't placed a claim block down, Zombies sometimes re-spawned in my base, but my save was also suffering from animal housing at the time. Since my last wipe, I have noticed that if I run away or kite a Zed, they will de-spawn at some point, and re-spawn in their original location at full health, regardless of a claim block or even filling their spawn space.

You're literally welcome!

What is this alpha. Bet no one knows ;)

Prior to B240, I noticed that if I hadn't placed a claim block down, Zombies sometimes re-spawned in my base, but my save was also suffering from animal housing at the time. Since my last wipe, I have noticed that if I run away or kite a Zed, they will de-spawn at some point, and re-spawn in their original location at full health, regardless of a claim block or even filling their spawn space.

Weird lol. Yeah zoms will definitelty spawn in your base if it's not protected by a LCB and/or a bedroll (I spread em out to max coverage). I didn't realize how they worked (lcbs) in the first EXP and tried to take a chem station with one and the other deactivated. Came back to a screamer scampering around in my walled area lol.

I have noticed zombies randomly dying too, maybe that's what happened, they respawned.

And Cabon, it's Alpha.BetaBravo17E_stableCharlie_unstable I think.

I've yet to have them spawn where I could possibly see.

I've had them fall out of the rafters right next to me. I swear they spawn in zombie closets and then break out of the closet, but that spawn is obscured by the door they bust through.

I've not had them appear in any area I can potentially directly see. Yet...

- - - Updated - - -

I have noticed zombies randomly dying too, maybe that's what happened, they respawned.

And Cabon, it's Alpha.BetaBravo17E_stableCharlie_unstable I think.

I saw a good sized horde at night suddenly all drop dead at once.

Has anyone noticed that the blood horde spawns near you? They look like they are crawling up out of the ground, by the way. Neat effect.

Has anyone noticed that the blood horde spawns near you? They look like they are crawling up out of the ground, by the way. Neat effect.

Darkness falls across the land

The midnight hour is close at hand

Creatures crawl in search of blood

To terrorize y'all's neighborhood

And whosoever shall be found

Without the soul for getting down

Must stand and face the hounds of hell

And rot inside a corpse's shell

The foulest stench is in the air

The funk of forty thousand years

And grizzly ghouls from every tomb

Are closing in to seal your doom

And though you fight to stay alive

Your body starts to shiver

For no mere mortal can resist

The evil of the thriller!

I haven't seen that effect, but I totally agree that it'd be cool.

Darkness falls across the land

The midnight hour is close at hand

Creatures crawl in search of blood

To terrorize y'all's neighborhood

And whosoever shall be found

Without the soul for getting down

Must stand and face the hounds of hell

And rot inside a corpse's shell

The foulest stench is in the air

The funk of forty thousand years

And grizzly ghouls from every tomb

Are closing in to seal your doom

And though you fight to stay alive

Your body starts to shiver

For no mere mortal can resist

The evil of the thriller!

I haven't seen that effect, but I totally agree that it'd be cool.

Oh... I think we all knew I couldn't resist this.

TZ78EiB.gif

zombies are spawning in to cleared buildings and have been in every 17 build. Had a bear spawn right in front of me, a wolf spawn on my head and multiple zombie spawn ins that were, in no way, cupboard, ceiling or uncleared building related. They sometimes spawn right in front of you outside too.

Its obviously a bug and people denying it happens doesn't change the fact that it does. People seem more intent on the arguments than even attempting to confirm it.

Archived