Rpoblems with Alpha 17

JoelleEmmily

I do have to admit I'm not enjoying the game as much as I used to this patch, but im still playing to get better ideas for once the bugs and kinked get ironed out.

My reflexes and general knowledge of the game evens some things out but...

the whole feeling like a caged rat is really killing it for me. I don't feel like a survivor, but a lab rat being watched for someone's entertainment.

I do have so many positives though, the introduction of ammo/weapon stashes, crates actually containing good loot, zed corpses having good loot.

I just can't wrap my head around why I must start with 50% less bag space, and have to spend several points just to make a forge, and more just to make tools, can only boil and egg (Spam snowberry instead because water/jars is too precious that early )

and why the hell did they take away the ability to craft first aid bandages and bar it other perks? lol

Zed spawning on top of me absolutely destroys my experience when I've already scouted the house out and made noise to wake up the current zed contents/killed them, then more spawn on top of me when I'm digging around in my bag to figure out which loot is more valuable to me at the time.

Tfp took quite a lot from us this time for the early game, and I'm certainly not enjoying the early game at ALL.

I could deal with it if it wasn't so...superficial, do everything right, zed spawn ontop of me, get a lick in, I bleed out a little, bandage, and get angry because I have aloe and can't freaking use it to make a first aid bandage.

I do have to admit I'm not enjoying the game as much as I used to this patch, but im still playing to get better ideas for once the bugs and kinked get ironed out.

My reflexes and general knowledge of the game evens some things out but...

the whole feeling like a caged rat is really killing it for me. I don't feel like a survivor, but a lab rat being watched for someone's entertainment.

I do have so many positives though, the introduction of ammo/weapon stashes, crates actually containing good loot, zed corpses having good loot.

I just can't wrap my head around why I must start with 50% less bag space, and have to spend several points just to make a forge, and more just to make tools, can only boil and egg (Spam snowberry instead because water/jars is too precious that early )

and why the hell did they take away the ability to craft first aid bandages and bar it other perks? lol

Zed spawning on top of me absolutely destroys my experience when I've already scouted the house out and made noise to wake up the current zed contents/killed them, then more spawn on top of me when I'm digging around in my bag to figure out which loot is more valuable to me at the time.

Tfp took quite a lot from us this time for the early game, and I'm certainly not enjoying the early game at ALL.

I could deal with it if it wasn't so...superficial, do everything right, zed spawn ontop of me, get a lick in, I bleed out a little, bandage, and get angry because I have aloe and can't freaking use it to make a first aid bandage.

If you have z's "spawning on top of you" after clearing a house, you have not cleared the house.

If you have z's "spawning on top of you" after clearing a house, you have not cleared the house.

I tired greatly of reading this rhetoric.

If I clear a house, and walk through it multiple times and suddenly I see zed ON THE FLOOR, IN THE SPAWNING POSITION, WAKE UP AND ATTACK ME THAT MEANS THEY SPAWNED ON TOP OF ME.

People need to get that, I am starting to get angry with this cookie cutter response.

I am not an idiot player. I shut doors and build them if I suspect zed to drop in on me from the outside or leave frames in the way to either alter pathing or to provide an audio buffer if they choose to attack it, the zed are literally spawning before my eyes.

If I clear a house, and walk through it multiple times and suddenly I see zed ON THE FLOOR, IN THE SPAWNING POSITION, WAKE UP AND ATTACK ME THAT MEANS THEY SPAWNED ON TOP OF ME.

People need to get that, I am starting to get angry with this cookie cutter response.

I am not an idiot player. I shut doors and build them if I suspect zed to drop in on me from the outside or leave frames in the way to either alter pathing or to provide an audio buffer if they choose to attack it, the zed are literally spawning before my eyes.

Yeah it seems there's some discrepancy on what people consider

"Spawning on top of me" to mean.

Also, I think part of the mechanic confuses the "clearing" system.

If you clear a POI half way, then get chased off the property [and thus the POI's borders]. some of the triggers can reset.

A16 had a terrible bug like that with Exploding cops.

If they exploded OR you left the POI borders, they would respawn.

A17 Seems a lot better that way but far from perfect.

I've most certainly had some triggers reset.

I'm sure everyone else has too.

The forum is is also not allowing me to post my photos, or link to them on my google drive, so here they are, I call the thing The Zombie Lemming Run of Death:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U6yY8gy5l_cTw4i9QIr2W5otiEc4CPrW

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QBDK6vamUuiXY_g3r42ueRMwu3tj-_Wq

Yes this is widely acknowledged as the worst AI in any alpha yet. They are going to fix it apparently, so it isn't so easy to exploit and will not attack a base in a completely unconvincing and immersion breaking manner.

I liked the progression system much more when it was based on your actions, like running improving your stamina, or crafting improving your... crafting.

I know right? You go mining for a whole day and I go build stuff for the same time. After the day is up and we levelled up, I became a better swimmer and you could fall 1 meter further!! Immersion!

- - - Updated - - -

What ever you're tired of hearing about does not change the fact that YOU DID NOT COMPLETELY CLEAR THE HOUSE if they are still spawning in. "Zombie closets" are a thing. These are new in A17 and appear to be solid til either you break them or the z's breal out of them. Zombies also hide in cabinets/ceilings etc. CLEAR THE HOUSE and you will not have the "problem" you are moaning about.

To be a child again, must sure be nice.... sigh...

Anyway, if you're using map data from an earlier build of the game, some aspects of the new mechanics may not operate properly, even if that data is from an entirely different region than the one you're currently occupying. Animal houses, status effects being locked, odd block swapping, spawn point corruption, and odd reward distribution can be symptoms of this. Any attempt to substitute old data into new saves to retrieve characters or resources, results in very buggy gameplay.

Most likely, and I'm only guessing, is that you have region data, or PIO prefab files, from before B240 in either your save director, or in your game install directory. If either is the case, your save may be a lost cause as I haven't been able to find a way to trick the game into accepting old data.

Yeah it seems there's some discrepancy on what people consider

"Spawning on top of me" to mean.

For me that would mean a zombie literally appeared from nowhere in front of me, and within melee striking distance of me.

I have never had that in 2000+ hours of this game (save the cops in A16 mentioned above). Nor have I ever had a POI immediately contain zombies again right after I killed them all. A few days later, sure. I personally suspect that people confuse zombies bread crumbing into a POI behind them or falling from pre-designed "traps" in the ceiling above, with "spawning on top of me".

Like the Loch Ness Monster, it's pretty damn elusive and you'd have a hard time convincing me it exists.

- - - Updated - - -

What ever you're tired of hearing about does not change the fact that YOU DID NOT COMPLETELY CLEAR THE HOUSE if they are still spawning in. "Zombie closets" are a thing. These are new in A17 and appear to be solid til either you break them or the z's breal out of them. Zombies also hide in cabinets/ceilings etc. CLEAR THE HOUSE and you will not have the "problem" you are moaning about.

Honestly, I've literally watched zombies and animals spawn in front of my character. As in, out of thin air they appear, drop about 1M from the sky during spawn, and remain in sleep mode until I move. I know what some of these people are chatting about and it does happen from time to time unfortunately. So, yes, you can clear a house and have them "spawn on top of you".

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, if you're using map data from an earlier build of the game, some aspects of the new mechanics may not operate properly, even if that data is from an entirely different region than the one you're currently occupying. Animal houses, status effects being locked, odd block swapping, spawn point corruption, and odd reward distribution can be symptoms of this. Any attempt to substitute old data into new saves to retrieve characters or resources, results in very buggy gameplay.

Most likely, and I'm only guessing, is that you have region data, or PIO prefab files, from before B240 in either your save director, or in your game install directory. If either is the case, your save may be a lost cause as I haven't been able to find a way to trick the game into accepting old data.

The zombies and animals spawning before my eyes has happened to me on A17 Stable, after a clean server wipe and verified files, on a new RGW. It has not been an issue to me, but is still a tad annoying when it does happen.

If I clear a house, and walk through it multiple times and suddenly I see zed ON THE FLOOR, IN THE SPAWNING POSITION, WAKE UP AND ATTACK ME THAT MEANS THEY SPAWNED ON TOP OF ME. .

Actually, that means a sleeper spawned in front of you. Spawning on top of you would mean a zombie spawned on your head.

Holly happy sappy crap, does everyone on the forums have asperger's or something? WTH is with the constant bickering of what "right on top of us" means. When you're watching a car chase moving and the guy screams, "he's right on top of us!" do you suddenly think the chase vehicle has transformed into an airplane and landed on their roof? Try for a little nuance and interpretation instead of literalism and reactionism... Unless you want to come across like a child whose been beaten by a prescriptivist english teacher... in which case, you have my sympathies, and I hope one day words will no longer scar you.

Holly happy sappy crap, does everyone on the forums have asperger's or something? WTH is with the constant bickering of what "right on top of us" means. When you're watching a car chase moving and the guy screams, "he's right on top of us!" do you suddenly think the chase vehicle has transformed into an airplane and landed on their roof? Try for a little nuance and interpretation instead of literalism and reactionism... Unless you want to come across like a child whose been beaten by a prescriptivist english teacher... in which case, you have my sympathies, and I hope one day words will no longer scar you.

Whoa.... grabs popcorn to see how this plays out

Whoa.... grabs popcorn to see how this plays out

Damn you beat me to it!!

Milk and Cookies... that's how I'm watching this one.

[it's Christmas, Mom made me some cookies so... you know.]

Now we just wait..... for the inevitable.

ARiIUD2.gif

Zombies respawning in front of players has for sure happened in a17e. Just look at some streams and you will have your evidence there.

I should just start asking people to clip it for me so I can post what some are talking about. I've noticed it ever few hours (real time).

I should just start asking people to clip it for me so I can post what some are talking about. I've noticed it ever few hours (real time).

Well I dont understand why ppl are so sceptical to this being a thing.

Maybe they are convinced that everyone that dont share your opinion is lying or is a noob. :)

What in the world does your comment have to do with my post that you quoted? Nothing I was talking about there was even about my game. It was in response to OnlyMeiya. I think you got really confused and responded very oddly....

- - - Updated - - -

Zombies respawning in front of players has for sure happened in a17e. Just look at some streams and you will have your evidence there.

I've seen a lot of streamers claim it yes but I've also seen the zombies that they missed seeing because they were involved in playing.... and I've never seen it after a house was well and truly cleared.

I wouldn't bother trying to gather any kind of evidence to prove anything to these Dunnings chasing their Krugers, even if Joel said it live on a video in which it was happening right in front of his face... which is a euphemism for something happening in your field of view, not something occupying the space directly adjacent to your physical space... I though I should clarify for those who haven't learned spacial permanence yet... they would still say something like, "well, it happens so infrequently, that it never happened to me... so it's not a problem." But, you know, without punctuation.

- - - Updated - - -

What in the world does your comment have to do with my post that you quoted? Nothing I was talking about there was even about my game. It was in response to OnlyMeiya. I think you got really confused and responded very oddly....

It's in regards to your first post... though I understand why you didn't get that. Sorry, I'll try harder to be more clear next time. I apologize for causing you confusion.

I've seen a lot of streamers claim it yes but I've also seen the zombies that they missed seeing because they were involved in playing.... and I've never seen it after a house was well and truly cleared.

Heh. This. I was even going to cite streamers as well because of the number of times I've seen people claim it happened when I could plainly see from the video where the zombie came from. Not saying it doesn't happen, there's been bug fixes that refer to it, but I've never seen it, and I feel it is reported far more often than it happens because people do not realise where that zombie came from (bread-crumb trailing into a POI behind the player, and falling from the ceiling gap are 2 obvious culprits).

Archived