Nails? Where are you?

fluffyrizzo

Is glue in a campfire still 2 bones? I thought that changed in A17, pretty sure it's only been costing me 1 bone per glue and I haven't installed a mod in years.

I just checked and with only UI mods (Storage 120, Player 120, Vehicles 120 and 3 Forge slots) it looks like 1:1 although I remember it being 2:1 so maybe I unlocked it with "Yeah Science" at 5

Shouldn't nails be easy to find?

...the balance should be requiring them for more things.

No more insta chests or frames, to start.

Who knows who makes the decision of how many nails should be here or there but they should be in 90% of all house garages and sheds and 50% in businesses somewhere possibly at the docks, 30% in cupboards both business and residential just not in cars or offices of businesses or safes. I cannot remember if I ever got loot in a safe early on and finding nails but they should not be in safes. I recently made about 100 nails in my forge so they are easy to make, you just need a trader with a forge starting out and scrap some useless thing that scraps to iron dig up some dirt with your fists or a stone axe and you have 100 nails.

You would realistically need nails for frames or chests but I think its a gampelay thing with the frames.

Shouldn't nails be easy to find?

If you need nails you will not find them and if you do not need them you will find a lot.

It's a law of nature :)

...the balance should be requiring them for more things.

In A17 nails were added to some recipes. For example, for the bellow.

No more insta chests or frames, to start.

Then you should play Ravenhearst. There you can't even build frames without nails. On the other hand offers Ravenhearst additional sources for nails. For example, you can get bent nails from wooden walls and then bend them straight in a workbench.

I just checked and with only UI mods (Storage 120, Player 120, Vehicles 120 and 3 Forge slots) it looks like 1:1 although I remember it being 2:1 so maybe I unlocked it with "Yeah Science" at 5

The recipe was changed during A17. Now it's 1:1 in the campfire.

Who knows who makes the decision of how many nails should be here or there but they should be in 90% of all house garages and sheds and 50% in businesses somewhere possibly at the docks, 30% in cupboards both business and residential just not in cars or offices of businesses or safes. I cannot remember if I ever got loot in a safe early on and finding nails but they should not be in safes. I recently made about 100 nails in my forge so they are easy to make, you just need a trader with a forge starting out and scrap some useless thing that scraps to iron dig up some dirt with your fists or a stone axe and you have 100 nails.

You would realistically need nails for frames or chests but I think its a gampelay thing with the frames.

Was goin to say this big long text of why nails would be in a safe and such. But it would of been pointless. Safe is a safe you don't know who it belong too. Some people keep nice things in then as others keep junk. I don't think every safe I break into should have top end stuff it should be random with random chance of getting junk stuff. It isn't like it really takes that long to break into them. Sure early stage it can if you wanna spend 5 or minutes in it. I just don't think it is a bad design to find junk in safes.

Then you should play Ravenhearst. There you can't even build frames without nails. On the other hand offers Ravenhearst additional sources for nails. For example, you can get bent nails from wooden walls and then bend them straight in a workbench.

I played the mod that rh uses when it first came out (get nailed), totally loved it and it changed the game. Wish vanilla did it, if only to hear the forum cry.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived