Definitely unstable stable.

Deme

Let's be real here and call this what it really is: a label to justify no updates coming in the next month cause the devs are off for the holidays. Honestly I feel the performance of the first exp build was more stable than the current mess. Literally no changes from an experimental build yet they all of a sudden decide it's good enough to call stable?? Hell why not just call it gold???!

I think they wanted to get it as "stable" as they could before christmas, likely with the belief that a lot of people wanted to play for christmas break without having to do the whole experimental thing. For better or worse, that's what we have. I seriously doubt any bad intentions were behind the stable release...

I'm not buying that. As far as I see it they are just trying to decieve people into thinking the game isn't experimental anymore which it clearly still is. But hey Bethesda and Blizzard already ♥♥♥♥ on all their fans so why would anyone be surprised for TFP to disrespect us in this fashion. Guess they are just trying to fit in with the big boys lol

If they were trying to deceive people they would stop calling it alpha 17, and start charging $60 for it. At least, that's what I've seen dishonest, early access game developers in the past do.

On the contrary.... in the past, the more honest developers have tried pushing out major patches in time for christmas to accomadate college breaks. I've even seen when those patches were completely broken and some developers worked through breaks to get the fixed for players.

At any rate, TFP trying to accommodate players seems more plausible to me than trying to deceive them, but our experiences must differ, so too must our perceptions.

Let's be real here and call this what it really is: a label to justify no updates coming in the next month cause the devs are off for the holidays. Honestly I feel the performance of the first exp build was more stable than the current mess. Literally no changes from an experimental build yet they all of a sudden decide it's good enough to call stable?? Hell why not just call it gold???!

Its good enough for now.stop ♥♥♥♥ting on devs and let them have a break.Maybe you should too.

Dont worry next year we shall give them hell...

I don't know what they did, but the massive hitches that occur when zombies load in are even more aggressive now. FPS will run smooth at 90, but the constant hitches have pretty much ruined it for me. How was this not addressed at all during the experimentals?

I don't know what they did, but the massive hitches that occur when zombies load in are even more aggressive now. FPS will run smooth at 90, but the constant hitches have pretty much ruined it for me. How was this not addressed at all during the experimentals?

I would just uninstall game and clear all save games and data.does it still happen?

I would just uninstall game and clear all save games and data.does it still happen?

Yes unfortunately. Did a clean install when stable launched, and it's been the worst of the bunch not sure why especially since my game runs so great outside of the hitching.

I'm not buying that. As far as I see it they are just trying to decieve people into thinking the game isn't experimental anymore which it clearly still is. But hey Bethesda and Blizzard already ♥♥♥♥ on all their fans so why would anyone be surprised for TFP to disrespect us in this fashion. Guess they are just trying to fit in with the big boys lol

Deceive people? Poop on their fans? Disrespect?

Gosh I am trying to think of 1 3d sandbox dev team that has worked this hard and this long on a game... or even made a game half this good?

If you don't like it perhaps wait a month.

[No sense playing it if you aren't having fun.]

By then they will have fixed a lot of the bugs and balanced the game even more.

If you don't like it perhaps wait a month.

[No sense playing it if you aren't having fun.]

By then they will have fixed a lot of the bugs and balanced the game even more.

Sorry but your post is coming across as a childish temper tantrum.

Always with the invitations to stop playing. There ought to be a forum law... Well I'm no child, and I also noted the stretch. "'stable', huh? Did I just go through a time warp?"

You're right, Deme, and I think SoulCast probably has the reason. Stable was rushed. There were reasons. That, in the real world, is that. They're probably not trying to fool us as much as trying to button up for the holidays without regard for the sanctity of definitions. It is a bit insulting. As you grow older and more jaded, bullsh** like this will bother you less. :p

I think they did the right thing. They are going to be resting for holidays, as they should. So, I prefer to know I can put a little effort into a game BC of no imminent new releases.

Sure, the game isn't really stable now, but what is your alternative? And making them work during the holidays is not a valid response. So, take it like yourself said, an unstable stable, just to let us know we can play a bit longer without new releases.

If you want more stable, you need to play 16.4 . But holidays are for everybody

Well... another thread I guess

Well. I'm sorry for this and I know I'm going to get hate... but I'm out anyways, as experimental is over, so my feedback is no longer needed.

_________

*edit* I now know why they released stable:

7d2d is in the wintersale. This sickens me to the core, even though I understand its an economic descision.

_________

I'm very disappointed. As a lot of ppl have stated before, this is not ready to be called stable.

A.I. is broken, traderprices make traders (except for quests) unviable, multiplayer still gives multiplicative xp (WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA), forge is locked behind even more requirements than at the start (lvl 20) when everyone complained about it and random gen is now more scrambled and all over the place than it was in A16.4

performance is insanely bad

The only positive things of A17:

vehicles

most textures look nice (distant textures of those ground branch bushes or whatever are sooo bad)

new pois bring in more things to explore and look at

I like that there are more crafting stations (even though they are basically useless)

Mods are sweet (but gunprogression is gone, now colored weapons have more damage)

but that is it... everything else was a stept back.

Combat is worse, guns feel bad, loottables are scrambled, you cant run anywhere...

I will (for the first time since I joined at steamrelease) lookout for a mod that fixes those issues, until then I will stay on A16.4 as it is the superior version.

Its a good basis for a game... but as this is "stable" it is horrendous.

Goodbye, I hope to see you again once you have fixed all those issues, but for now you have lost me (and probably a lot of others as far as I've read on the forums.

I think they did the right thing. They are going to be resting for holidays, as they should. So, I prefer to know I can put a little effort into a game BC of no imminent new releases.

Sure, the game isn't really stable now, but what is your alternative? And making them work during the holidays is not a valid response. So, take it like yourself said, an unstable stable, just to let us know we can play a bit longer without new releases.

How couldn't you "put a little effort into the game because of no imminent new releases" if it was simply kept "experimental" without being updated because they are on holidays ? Quite frankly the logic behind this bugs me.

No offense, but it's all in your head. If you want to play the game without updates so that you don't have to worry about having to start over again, simply don't start a new game and even disable updates for the holidays if you must.

Regarding the public channel, it will most likely be updated soon again, once the experimental gets more stable, but probably not until next year. I think it doesn't really matter though and updating public channel was kinda unnecessary, it will probably complicate things for them later once experimental receives more stable updates, so instead of updating two channels, they will have to update three channels (their own private channel, experimental and public), it will be a mess that won't really bring anything good to anyone.

Well...definitely not epermintal...although there ARE candy canes in the game currently. ;)

I had fun with that. :) I think my Candy Cane shiv is still only level 1, though--everyone knows the most deadly ones are the ones you suck on 'till they come to a surgical point.

Archived