How are we supposed to play now?

Andelsky

So this is the first time I have posted since I have never had a need to before.

This morning I had set up a new game for my son and I to play. We stopped so I could make dinner. After dinner we go to play and can no longer play the game I had set up THIS MORNING!

Alright, fine. Its ridiculous that you have changed the game so drastically that something made a few hours before could not be played, but whater.

So, decide to create a new game for us to play. Go to set it up and everything has changed in how you set up the game. That's fine, I'll wade my way through.

So, 45 minutes later and its still generating stuff and I can't get out of the screen to even back up. I had to close down the whole thing using task manager.

So, I am asking, how are we supposed to play the game that we really used to enjoy? Anything that takes more than a few minutes to load is not worth the wait. Of course we will never know because we can't get the game to actually load at all because its spending way too long generating various items.

Will this be fixed? Will the game be playable? Will we be able to access any of our previous games? Is it even worth saving a game at this point?

I am all for making improvements to games. I'm all for new features. I'm having a hard time getting behind a game that everyone in my family purchased only to find it has been changed completely (thus why we can't play previous played games) and we can't even get it to generate to play any more.

What was the point? To alienate your customers that have already bought the game?

Please fix it so we can actually play the game. Because after 45 minutes and we're still waiting for it to finish generating is beyond a hassle.

So this is the first time I have posted since I have never had a need to before.

This morning I had set up a new game for my son and I to play. We stopped so I could make dinner. After dinner we go to play and can no longer play the game I had set up THIS MORNING!

Alright, fine. Its ridiculous that you have changed the game so drastically that something made a few hours before could not be played, but whater.

So, decide to create a new game for us to play. Go to set it up and everything has changed in how you set up the game. That's fine, I'll wade my way through.

So, 45 minutes later and its still generating stuff and I can't get out of the screen to even back up. I had to close down the whole thing using task manager.

So, I am asking, how are we supposed to play the game that we really used to enjoy? Anything that takes more than a few minutes to load is not worth the wait. Of course we will never know because we can't get the game to actually load at all because its spending way too long generating various items.

Will this be fixed? Will the game be playable? Will we be able to access any of our previous games? Is it even worth saving a game at this point?

I am all for making improvements to games. I'm all for new features. I'm having a hard time getting behind a game that everyone in my family purchased only to find it has been changed completely (thus why we can't play previous played games) and we can't even get it to generate to play any more.

What was the point? To alienate your customers that have already bought the game?

Please fix it so we can actually play the game. Because after 45 minutes and we're still waiting for it to finish generating is beyond a hassle.

Which version you playing A16 OR A17 experimentals.

All experimentals auto update and old saves dont work.

I dont know if if A16 auto updates but i think you can roll back.

First of all, sounds like you just had some bad luck with timing.

Stable just got released.

See this is why I suggest you copy the entire game folder to another location and play from there.

It'll run just fine.

What's more, when the game updates it won't overwrite your files.

It'll update the original game folder files.

So that's solved.

As far as generating a new map:

Are you making a 16k one? That takes about half hour+ for a lot of us.

45 mins is a bit long and I'd ask what your specs are.

Basically I generate maps when I'm doing other things.

I make a few while doing laundry or whatever... then when it's time to play I pick the best one.

Is that a pain?

Heck yeah it is.

It's not unbearable though.

Anyway sorry you had a bad experience.

Nice to hear you are playing with your son.

I miss the days of gaming with my kids.

They all got big so fast and now play stupid games.

[They are stupid because they aren't the ones I want to play.]

Archived