Alpha 17 Stable B240 bug reporting thread

The Fun Pimp

Strip down to your skivvies and go stand in 58F weather for a few hours. You'll start to get symptoms of exposure. Your body will try to conserve heat by restricting blow flow to the extremities (ie. fingers, toes, ears, nose) to save it for your core. Tingling, stiffness, and pain in the extremities comes first.

https://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/phys_agents/cold_health.html

Summary: Temperature (cold) very harsh

Version: B240

Platform: PC or Mac)

OS/Version: Windows/Linux/mac

Game mode, MP Client - RWG

Did you wipe old saves? yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes - Khaines KHA17-60BBMFW

EAC on

Bug Description: Cold effect/penalties very harsh.

Reproduce steps: Go into cold biome.

https://imgur.com/a/PwWYIwj

Actual result: Very harsh penalties at least for cold - temperature at 58 degrees.

Expected result: Penalties shouldn't start till about 40 or maybe 45 degrees.

Summary: Block reset back to default once game start.

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC on or off Yes

Bug Description: Previously I went back to base I build earlier and close the game. Once I continue back my base missing and all block reset back to default. My bed, chests, all items missing.

Reproduce steps: stay back in based before close the game. restart the game and everything missing.

Actual result: All the items, blocks, base I've builded missing and the land restore back to original.

Expected result: items, blocks, bed, base... all still there.

Suspected Error Causing this:

2018-12-23T10:19:38 93.096 ERR chunk sleeper volumeId invalid -814026240

2018-12-23T10:19:38 93.096 ERR chunk sleeper volumeId invalid -2115500800

2018-12-23T10:19:38 93.096 ERR chunk sleeper volumeId invalid -117440512

2018-12-23T10:19:38 93.096 ERR chunk sleeper volumeId invalid -2144926464

2018-12-23T10:19:38 93.098 ERR EXCEPTION: In load chunk (chunkX=1 chunkZ=2):Failed to read past end of stream.

StackTrace: at PooledBinaryReader.FillBuffer (Int32 _numBytes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PooledBinaryReader.ReadInt32 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Chunk.read (System.IO.BinaryReader _br, UInt32 _version, Boolean _bNetworkRead) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Chunk.load (System.IO.BinaryReader stream, UInt32 _version) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RegionFileManager.loadChunk (System.String _dir, Int64 _key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Full output pastebin url: https://pastebin.com/9BUySZYw

Sorry this happened to you. Can you give me any more details ? POI name/ debugshot of the location?

Does this happen continuesly or was it a one off ? A savegame / repro would be great.

Thank you,

-Hated

TFP, I know us Mac OS gammers are a minority, and not important to the gaming community as a whole but I am wondering if you are working on the Mac crash issue? I know these things can be tricky (I work in software development) so I won't ask for an estimate on when you think this issue may be fixed but the crashing makes it so that the game is no fun to play in multiplayer. Every time the game crashes and we log back on we have to get re-invited into our party and then catch up with everyone. Please at the very least let us know where this defect ranks on the priority list (Aka Backlog if you scrum)

Hello Afnav.

I will be working with Alloc on this, to hopefully get this resolved for A17.1, as long as it is no Unity's fault and out of our hands.

Are you using Mojave aswell ? Since I updated to Mojave I can reproduce this error on my mac aswell.

Next thing on my todo list, is to test this with a Unity debugging build.

Happy holidays,

-Hated

Summary: Zombie count exceptionally higher than set in the xml

Platform: Dedicated Linux Server?

OS/Version: CentOS 7 Server

Game mode: MP

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC on or off: ON

Bug Description: I host a very popular vanilla server - feel free to PM me if you want the specific server info. The server has over 35 players on right now and we're getting zombie spikes up into the 250+'s. Fortunately, I have a beast of a server and it's crushing it, however we're getting under 20 server FPS with 35 players, 250 zombies and 300 entities. Not sure if I've set something wrong or what, but I figured it was worth at least coming here and letting you guys know.

Reproduce steps: Get 35 players in your server.

Actual result: 250+ zombie spikes

Expected result: Not much more than the 65 I set it to - no it wasn't a blood moon night.

Suspected Error Causing this: Hell if I know.

Just a note: The game is designed for 8 players, not 35.

~Sylen

Playing a NAV map on a new save in this Alpha. Got a treasure map - when I went to get the treasure, it had spawned under a small lake. I tried digging at the edge of the lake a bit (not close enough for the indicator to flash red), and after digging a few times, the quest failed on its own.

Not sure what this is supposed to be. Had 500 health and sounded like stone when hit. Couldn't interact with it and no resources were given when I destroyed it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26563[/ATTACH]

That is a block that is supposed to change into a loot container, picking a random one from a list to replace that particular block. It only changes during initial world gen/spawning in a prefab by an admin, so it shouldn't be in any normal game (dev only creative mode item)

Loot.xml

<lootqualitytemplate name="baseTemplate">

//////////////////////

<qualitytemplate level="901,950" default_quality="1,2">

<loot quality="5,6" prob="0.095"/>

<loot quality="3,4" prob="0.2375"/>

<loot quality="1,2" prob="1"/>

</qualitytemplate>

<qualitytemplate level="951,999999" default_quality="1,2">

<loot quality="5,6" prob="0.01"/>

<loot quality="3,4" prob="0.25"/>

<loot quality="1,2" prob="1"/>

</qualitytemplate>

is it me or is that suppose to be 0.1? xD

That is a block that is supposed to change into a loot container, picking a random one from a list to replace that particular block. It only changes during initial world gen/spawning in a prefab by an admin, so it shouldn't be in any normal game (dev only creative mode item)

It's in a normal game. Only one I've found, but it's still early and I haven't explored much yet.

58F is 14C. I could stay outside at those temperatures in shorts and t-shirt just fine for hours in real life.

No doubt you could along with many others but equally there are people that need a jacket when it's 20c. Why do people constantly squabble over these insignificant real life arguments when we are playing in a fantasy game world? Given the problems in this game do we really need resources allocated to working out the temperature at which the average human is cold?

Summary: Radiated Vulture doesn't glow, also doesn't drop loot if skinned

Version: Stable B240

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode: SP, RWG

Did you wipe old saves? Y

Did you start a new game? Y

Did you validate your files? Y

Are you using any mods? N

EAC on

Bug Description: Radiated Vultures don't glow, also they don't drop Rotten Flesh or Feathers if skinned.

Reproduce steps: Find/Spawn on Radiated Vulture.

(No Screenshot since i skinned him befor posting :/ )

Actual result: Just a bigger version of the vulture model without loot (if skinned)

Expected result: Big Nasty Green Glowing Death Torpedo from the Sky that drops Rotten Flesh and Feathers.

Archived