Almost over?

Toy truck

I surely hope not. As can be seen with 4 versions this week, we're not even close to a stable version.

What I'd want for a stable version is most of the bugs taken care of, and all bugs/features that might require a world save wipe taken care off.

People are already frustrated (which is amusing I know I know) with having to wipe between experimental. But drop A17.0 ..and then have 17.1 .. .2 ... .3 etc require a world/character wipe as they're not compatible would be far worse, as you'd definitely experience a whole host of complaints where people put in hours and suddenly it's as if we're continuing experimental bug fixes and need to wipe.

Just look at 16.3 to 16.4 which very late required a world wipe, it really really annoyed a lot of people to the point people stopped playing. Let's not go down that path again please :D

Let's instead have an experimental version over the next 2 weeks while people enjoy the holidays, worry about stable in end January instead after people are back from a well deserved break and have a fresh look at, and fixing the bugs in due time :)

/V

Stable simply means the game runs well for a sugnificant number of people. Stable is still Alpha so bugs are to be expected. There have been relatively few crash reports other than for Mac.

I’d say stable could come any time now especially if they solve the Mac crashing issue.

There were angry threads about going stable for A15 and A16 because people thought it was too soon. I’m sure stable will come before most people think it should for A17 as well because they mistakenly think stable means all the known issues should be solved.

Stable simply means the game runs well for a sugnificant number of people. Stable is still Alpha so bugs are to be expected. There have been relatively few crash reports other than for Mac.

I’d say stable could come any time now especially if they solve the Mac crashing issue.

There were angry threads about going stable for A15 and A16 because people thought it was too soon. I’m sure stable will come before most people think it should for A17 as well because they mistakenly think stable means all the known issues should be solved.

My only concern/issue is the sleeper zombies not making any noise until they are attacked or have attacked a player, I'm beginning to believe this is a feature and not a bug at this point though. I've brought it up a couple of times now but never gotten a response from any QA or dev.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

the no response is only because the only answer we can safely give is... it's reported and always being adjusted to find issues. but the answer people want to see is one that cant be given until its fixed.

but you demanded a response

:)

For sure. Even after official release there will still be bugs to fix. Just like every other game ever made. I would hope the UI issues would get fixed before stable, but that sounds like something that wont require a restart. Probably not high up on the list.

Is there any word on the reload locking on single shot weapons?

My only concern/issue is the sleeper zombies not making any noise until they are attacked or have attacked a player, I'm beginning to believe this is a feature and not a bug at this point though. I've brought it up a couple of times now but never gotten a response from any QA or dev.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

the no response is only because the only answer we can safely give is... it's reported and always being adjusted to find issues. but the answer people want to see is one that cant be given until its fixed.

but you demanded a response

:)

You've never heard the sleepers snoring?

You've never heard the sleepers snoring?

I appreciate the response unholyjoe, I was sure it was a feature as it's not listed in the 'known issues' list last I checked them. I'm at ease now knowing it's being looked into :)

Yes I've heard the snoring, though I wasn't referring to that, it's the missing footsteps and moaning audio queues. I have a video up on youtube about it.

Archived