Jump to content

Tiver

Members
  • Content Count

    27
  • Joined

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Tiver

  • Rank
    Refugee
  1. You find any answer to this? I saw they were removed too, but no mention of an alternative. Blood bags do not drop all that often.
  2. I have the exact same issue connecting. That slash however won't be the cause. .NET/Mono will normalize that just fine for whatever platform you're on. For anyone else with th eLinux Dedicated bug where no one can connect, hanging on "Receiving and loading configs", I spent some time researching and found I can run the following: ./steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +download_depot 294420 294422 5031491384722532734 +quit To download 18.1 b4. It will ignore force_install_dir so i didn't bother with that. It puts it in "steamcmd/linux32/steamapps/content/app_294420/depot_294422/" so make sure that either that base steamcmd folder, or something in that tree exists and the current user has permissions to write to it. After it downloads, you can then copy those files over top your existing dedicated server files and be rolled back to 18.1 b4. I did this and now I'm able to connect to my server fine again, still with the b5 client.
  3. Decided to experiment with creating a larger world again now that there was a new build, and to try a different seed. Tried 12288 and it also failed. 2019-10-13T17:23:55 13.632 INF Started thread RWG 2019-10-13T17:23:55 13.634 INF WorldGenerator:Generating Vimasi Territory 2019-10-13T17:23:55 13.634 INF WorldGenerator:Generating Socket Data 2019-10-13T17:23:55 13.998 INF WorldGenerator:Generating Detail Data eac_server.so [x64] :: OnLoad() Receiving unhandled NULL exception #0 0x007fdadb36842a in (Unknown) #1 0x007fdad8ce9b3a in (Unknown) #2 0x007fdad8ce9ba7 in (Unknown) #3 0x007fdad8ceca9d in (Unknown) #4 0x007fdad8cecd06 in (Unknown) #5 0x007fdad8ced174 in (Unknown) #6 0x007fdad8cedfa6 in (Unknown) #7 0x007fdad8cf0e1e in (Unknown) #8 0x007fdad8cf1086 in (Unknown) #9 0x007fdad8cc4135 in (Unknown) #10 0x007fdad8c7a3de in (Unknown) #11 0x007fdad8c7a555 in (Unknown) #12 0x007fdad8c7a59d in (Unknown) #13 0x00000041372f37 in (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_ves_icall_object_new_specific (intptr) Trying another different seed now.
  4. I haven't caught the exact memory usage when it fails, but it was using maybe 6GB at 20 minutes in, with 20GB free. System has 32GB physical. Was one of my first thoughts, but system has plenty and it is running the 64-bit version so it's not going to have address space fragmentation issues (or at least shouldn't). Disks are SSD and tons of free space there (over 400GB). It doesn't even get to point of writing it to disk though. And seen from the smaller size, no permissions issues with writing it to disk. Thanks for the seed suggestion, i'll try out some others if i decide to restart the world and want to try a larger size again. One theory I did have is that Alloc's scripts requesting a save might be causing it due to some timing issue so was thinking i'd turn off the auto saves/backups and try again as well.
  5. Can't seem to ever get past WorldGen. It inevitably has a NULL exception. https://pastebin.com/FxAkzLjR i7-4790K with 32GB of memory. It takes it about 32 minutes to eventually crash. World size is 8192. I am curious why generation is so slow though. The same size world on my desktop Windows PC with an i7-8700k, takes like 5-10 minutes? I'll have to time it, but I wouldn't expect it to be this much faster (plus it actually finishes). Just tried lowering world size to 6144 and this time generation completed, taking about 19 minutes. System should be more than capable of generating a larger world size. Also suggests that other settings, permissions, etc. is all good.
  6. I installed latest GeForce driver, 436.48, and now things work well for me, 60fps on fairly high settings near constant, and it no longer starts massively slowing down after 20 minutes.
  7. A16 ran fine A17 ran fine A18... runs fine until it doesn't. I'll try and time it but after about 20 minutes (happened roughly 3 times over a day cycle) my framerate outside drops to a slide show unless i'm staring at the ground. Still fine indoors, but outdoors is largely useless. Seems to be tree related, as if I'm in the desert it seems to happen less or to a lesser degree. If I quit to the main menu, and then choose continue and load up the world again, framerate is back up to normal smoothness for another ~20 minutes.
  8. I'll post in the bug report thread as it does seem a more generic issue.
  9. I grabbed the updated engine and server fixes, made a new instance, started i tup, and the log shows it crashing immediately in mono for an unhandled NULL exception. Probably need to wait a bit for both the 7d2d A17 itself and maybe Alloc's fixes to stabilize a bit before a dedicated linux server will be an option
  10. As this version modified the telnet code it's likely it's going to take more time than previous updates to work out what to remove/modify from the server fixes telnet changes.
×
×
  • Create New...