Relentless Zombies, Weapons Madness, Challenging Survival, and More!
Current Release: 1.1.1
Greetings everybody! During my time playing A17 I have stumbled across many awesome mods and modlets made by the community and I had a thought... What if I took those mods and made a pack out of them to help showcase some popular and less well known mods alike, whilst adding some tweaks over the top? Well, a month of dev work and various learning later and I think we have ourselves a modpack that will provide a challenge for both new and veteran players alike.
This pack could be considered a heavily overhauled version of Just Survive, Somehow (JSS), with all tweaks derived from the way JSS works. For those of you who have played JSS before, it ought to feel like an expansion to this mod whilst increasing the difficulty and changing the look and feel of the game overall.
For a more detailed list of changes and tweaks, check out this Google Doc
Full List of Modlets and Dependencies
This modpack requires the use of SDX or the new DMT to run correctly.
- Hal's DLL Fixes by HAL9000
- SDX Buffs by sphereii
- SDX Dialog by sphereii
- SDX EAITasks by sphereii
- SDX EntityAliveSDX by sphereii
- SDX ItemActions by sphereii
- SDX Quests by sphereii
- SDX SpawnFromEntityGroup by sphereii
- JSS (Just Survive, Somehow) by mjrice
- Workstation Pickups by MaxFox Gaming
- Home Depot by OrbitalBliss
- Custom Firearms by Mayic
- Melee Weapons by Mayic
- Clothing Carry Capacity by MaxFox Gaming
- Shopping Go-Kart by Guppycur
- Faster Vehicles by JaxTellar18
- Brass Doorknobs from Doors by Xajar
- Faster Hammer and Nailgun by Xajar
- More Traps by wolfbain5
- Bad Company UMA Zeds by Khelldon
- Baby Bears and Wolves by Khelldon and MaxFox Gaming
- Get Piggy! by Khelldon
- Static Vehicles Pack by S420
- Hal's Display Cases by HAL9000
- Motor Tools Upgrade by Drconfused
- Mechanical Traps by moongaming
- Animal Packs by MaxFox Gaming
- Better Biomes by MaxFox Gaming
- Random Zombie GetterUpper by Guppycur
- Rage Zombies by Guppycur
- HDHQ Biome Baseline by DUST2DEATH
- HDHQ Biome Redux by DUST2DEATH
- HDHQ Particles by DUST2DEATH
- Admin Arena Blocks by MaxFox Gaming
- Increased Zombie Spawns and Sight by MaxFox Gaming
- Zombie Transmoginifier by sphereii
- Dead Rising Modpack Config by MaxFox Gaming
Download and Installation
You can download the modpack in several ways. The easiest way is by using the Mod Launcher to do it but you can also download and install manually if you want to.
MOD LAUNCHER INSTALL (Recommended by all Foxes nationwide)
1. Go to the 7 Days to Die Mod Launcher website and download the latest version.
2. Open up the Mod Launcher and navigate to MaxFox Gaming.
3. Click on Dead Rising and then install a copy of 7 Days using the launcher.
4. Install Dead Rising - it is a large pack so may take a little time to download fully.
5. Play Mod!
DIRECT DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL
1. Go to the Dead Rising GitHub Repo.
2. Download the pack as a ZIP file and extract it.
3. Navigate to your 7 Days to Die folder under Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die
4. Extract the entire Mods folder into this folder.
5. Navigate to 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed and replace AssemblyCsharp.dll and all the other dll files with those form the package.
6. Launch 7 Days to Die
Screenshots and Videos
Dead Rising Series
The Official GuppySeries!
A dense forest biome, now with more trees and some zombies too!
The snow biome now has more trees and is also more dense
Showcasing the new rocks and desert tree.
One of the many new melee weapons you can get in the game. This one is a mace with a Star and Electric modifier.
- FennecMod Foods from my previous work in A16 will be incorporated into the pack.
- Early game survival to be made more challenging with restricted access to water, having to filter water more than simply boiling it.
- Cooking pots and grills to be made rare unless you choose chef class to start.
- Buffs and debuffs to be made more severe, broken arms to be added.
- Infection to be brought back and to allow it to kill you. Contact with zombies have high chance to infect you unless you wear armour.
- Zombie rage to be more random to add more challenge and also apply randomly to all zombies in the pack instead of just the vanilla ones.
- More zombie abilities, such as being able to buff other zombies when nearby, elemental damage, etc.
- FennecMod Bosses from my previous work in A16 will be incorporated into the pack for horde night spawns.
- FennecMod Workstations from my previous work in A16 will be incorporated for advanced resources and ore processing.
- Sometimes you may randomly get a bit of red text when walking around the world. This is due to prefabs that use the ZombiesAll spawn group instead of a specific sleeper spawn group.
- Some loot containers don't have very good loot or make no sense from a balance perspective. I'm working on balancing the containers a bit more to meld all the modlets together a bit better.
- UMA zombies don't have a rage mode.
- Melee weapons from the Melee mod sometimes give red text when swung. This is due to some missing sound assets but does not interrupt gameplay, just spams the console behind the scenes.
- Lots of yellow text for missing assets on game startup. This sometimes causes a crash but in general restarting 7 Days will fix this issue and allow you to enter the game.
- GuppyBug #1: Books like the horror books can be read, but don't do anything.
- Some tall rocks have no hitbox higher up.
- 4x4 causes nullref when trying to place (only one client instance shown, needs more testing)
For any questions about the modpack or to report bugs, feel free to get in touch with me here on the forum thread. Alternatively you can find me in the following places:
YouTube: MaxFox Gaming on YouTube
Twitch: MaxFox Gaming on Twitch
Twitter: MaxFox_Gaming on Twitter
Discord: The Foxmillions' Community