• Serious error of vending machines - unlimited amounts of materials for their owner

Gabriel_G
    • Version: A21 b324

Summary: 

Hi, I would like to report a bug regarding negative values in the slot vending machines. It appears that proper value restrictions were not implemented, which has led to this issue. When depositing iron, stones, or other materials that are sold in quantities of 10, 20, or 50 pieces, there is a chance that the vending machine displays quantities like 2009 pieces. After withdrawing 2000 pieces, an option to select an additional 10 pieces becomes available, resulting in the machine showing a value of -1. This bug allows players to exploit the system, continuously withdrawing materials and cheating in the game.

Interestingly, when withdrawing any other material from the machine, a number over 65,000 pieces appears instead of -1, such as 65241. This further enables players to exploit the bug and manipulate the game. After multiple iterations of removing materials, the displayed value eventually reaches 0, ending the process.

I apologize if my previous description was unclear. If necessary, I can demonstrate the issue in-game on Discord or provide further clarification. Additionally, the administration of the POBX server has requested that I report this bug directly to you, suggesting that it lies solely on your end. I kindly ask you to conduct an inspection of this problem as game developers and take appropriate corrective actions.

Game Version: (A21 b324)

System info: Geforce NOW

Game Server (public) : steam://connect/109.230.239.121:27390

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

EAC:  on 

Sincerely,

Gabriel_G

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 7/3/2023 at 1:38 PM, schwanz9000 said:

Cannot repro.
    Please provide detailed information as requested in the bug reporting instructions.

i was able to replicate a little while ago on accident and didnt notice this was already posted.
    linked is my bug report with complete instructions on replicating

3 minutes ago, soultare said:

i was able to replicate a little while ago on accident and didnt notice this was already posted.
    linked is my bug report with complete instructions on replicating

https://community.7daystodie.com/a21-bugs-main/bug-pool/vending-machine-dupeoverflow-r761/

Ah yes! We have a fix for this in A22. Might be able to back port it to A21, but I'm not sure. Depends on the depth of the code changes required to fix it.

3 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

Ah yes! We have a fix for this in A22. Might be able to back port it to A21, but I'm not sure. Depends on the depth of the code changes required to fix it.

honestly the underflow condition only exists because of minimum stack size, if that was eliminated that would solve the whole issue. And i dont really see a downside other then controller players have to push the button a lot to get a ton of materials, so really just eliming the minum stack size would fix and also unify the difference between some items being single buy and others being bulk buy in stacks.