• SI issue in oldwest POIs

NekoPawtato

Summary: Various POI in the oldwest town has SI issues where (non-trap) blocks will collapse when walked on (example below)

NOTE: this is happening in other buildings in the oldwest area, should I log separate bugs for each or just compile a list and post them all here?

Game Version: Alpha 20.3 b3

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz

System Memory: 8GB

GPU Model and VRAM: AMD Radeon R9 M275X (4075MB?)

Screen Resolution: 1280x720

Video Settings: Potato (Lowest)

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Not since A20.0

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

NOTE: this is happening in other buildings in the oldwest area, should I log separate bugs for each or just compile a list and post them all here?

1) Go to the oldwest POIs (ex: oldwest_strip_01)

2) Go to the roof

3) Hit F1 and enter DM

4) Click "Show Stability"

Actual result: Some blocks on the roof are black in the SI view, and if you try to walk on them, it will immediately collapse

EJkBZZB.jpg

PAsxPeT.jpg

Expected result: Structures to be more stable?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Are you able to reproduce it in a new game on a fresh world from the latest version? I had an issue in a build a while back where destroying a barrel in the loot room of one of those POIs caused a collapse, but only on that particular world.

2 hours ago, TSBX said:

Are you able to reproduce it in a new game on a fresh world from the latest version? I had an issue in a build a while back where destroying a barrel in the loot room of one of those POIs caused a collapse, but only on that particular world.

Hi @TSBX, yes this particular save is using a new RWG map that I generated after A20.3 came out

I should clarify that the issue is with existing blocks and how they collapse simply by walking over it and not manually destroying it.

Most of the ones I saw were mainly roof trims, walking along these particular roof trims in black will cause only those pieces to fall and collapse, but I found some other ones like a furnace drawer, some railings, and woodshape poles being affected too. I would test by standing on those black pieces, and saw that it would collapse. I tried to do chunkreset f afterwards to see if it would fix the stability, but it did not.

Here are some more examples and what POI it's in

https://imgur.com/a/g83IdwQ

1 hour ago, TSBX said:

@NekoPawtato Can you try a new game on a new world and see if the issue persists there for me please?

Hi @TSBX, I verified my file integrity first, created a new world (seed A20.3MAR11) and made a new save. I turned on "View Stability" in debugmode and flew around the oldwest POIs, I still see the same black blocks.

I took some screenshots in the new game/world: https://imgur.com/a/gGAfjCO

and here are my logs: https://pastebin.com/XAQPQsPK

Is there anything else I should try? (not really sure which options I should check in the game launcher for cleaning game data)