• [A20 b238] There's a Small Oak tree 01 that can spawn as a container in RWG. The chance is low. Once you open it, you get a console error.

(0 reviews)

Blake_

Summary: There's a Small Oak tree 01 that can spawn as a container in RWG. The chance is low. Once you open it, you get a console error. 

CLUE: This bug was introduced at the beginning of this year along with another  "dead tree" that was searchable too. It was back-ported to a19.4-.6 too.

Game Version: A20 (From ~A19.4 to A20 b238)

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows.

Game mode: ALL.

Did you wipe old saves? Yes. 

Did you start a new game? Yes.

Did you validate your files? Yes.

Are you using any mods? No, never.

EAC on or off? EAC off and Gamesparks off.

Bug Description: 

There's a Small Oak tree 01 that can spawn as a container in RWG. The chance is low. Once you open it, you get a console error. 

CLUE: This bug was introduced at the beginning of this year along with another  "dead tree" that was searchable too. It was back-ported to a19.4-.6 too.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) I recommend just looking for the issue in the game files, ( stamps/code, tree generation maybe?), because it was at the beginning of a20 (issue was backported to a19.4 and above). If you generate a 10k map and go looking for it you have maybe 1 in 1000 chance of finding a tree like that LOL, as the generation chance is low. Except when you are enjoying the game, then it's a 1000% chance of finding it in a 100 hour play session.

These are a couple screenshots so you can see what you are looking for.  I haven't played the game in more than a week and builds come out like crazy, so I have to post this before it gets buried, as it isn't fixed yet.

Be aware that these screenshots are from a fully wiped 7dtd back in the b218 version, so the bug is still here in b238. It's just that I haven't had the time to report anything these days.

Spoiler

20211215164258_1.thumb.jpg.2b31a9abff4632448faa669c89ce269a.jpg

20211215164307_1.thumb.jpg.8a38ed108863b57b9af87952aed7f805.jpg

Actual result:

There's a Small Oak tree 01 that can spawn as a container in RWG. The chance is low. Once you open it, you get a console error. 

Expected result: Small Oak tree 01 shouldn't spawn as a container in RWG in a20 and produce an error. It's a cool theoretical feature though. 

User Feedback

There are no reviews to display.