Summary: (a short description of the bug)
I cannot type the non-English letters ĉ, ĝ, ĥ, ĵ, ŝ, ŭ in the search field.
Game Version: A20.4
CPU Model: Intel i7 6700K
System Memory: 16GB
GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
Video Settings: Custom
Game mode: MP client
Did you wipe old saves? No
Did you start a new game? yes, this was a problem in A19 as well.
Did you validate your files? Yes
Are you using any mods? Yes https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1672
EAC on or off? off
I have translated 7 Days To Die into Esperanto and play in this language using a simple mod for the Localization file. This language uses a different alphabet than English. I can use the non-English letters ĉ, ĝ, ĥ, ĵ, ŝ, ŭ when writing on storage boxes, but not in the search field. This prevents me from searching for items that use those letters, such as forĝita ŝtalo (forged steel) or aŭtogiro (gyrocopter).
Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:
1) Open crafting screen and change focus to the search field
2) Try typing ĉ, ĝ, ĥ, ĵ, ŝ, ŭ.
Actual result: (description of what is occurring)
It will instead only show c, g, h, j, s, u.
If I type the string in another application, copy and then paste, it will work.
If I am editing the label on writeable storage I can type the characters as I usually do and they will display properly.
In order to type the characters I am using a custom keyboard mapping which produces those letters when I hold the AltGr+ [c|g|h|j|s|u]. This works in all other applications.
Expected result: (what you expect to occur)
I love this game and spent over a year working on the translation. I would expect to see ĉ, ĝ, ĥ, ĵ, ŝ, ŭ when I type them in a search.
One picture shows that I have to leave off the letter ŝ to find ŝtalo. (stalo does not match because it is a different letter)
The other picture shows how I am able to enter ŝ when naming storage.
I know the pictures show A20.2, but that is because I took them just before I realized that 20.4 was available. I also tested this in 20.4 and the problem is the same as it has been since I first started translating in A19.